Nikeshoes smell like cat urine

R Review updated:

I am glad to see this forum, I have been battling this for a couple of years, at first I thought the kids left their shoes on the step and the cat urinated in them, we tried to wash it out with no success so we threw them away. Then a friend told us it was the glue that Nike uses because they have had the same problem. My wife is a loyal Nike customer and demands that our kids wear Nike shoes. We have a lot of Nike shoes and only some of them are stinkers. However the brand new pair of T90's I bought for soccer this year are horrible, after the first use they stunk to high heaven. I don't know what to do about it other than put my foot down and forbid any more Nike shoes to be purchased in my house. THESE SHOES SHOULD COME WITH A "DO NOT SWEAT OR GET WET" WARNING ON THE BOX.

• Su
    suresh May 08, 2008

hi this is suresh i am from india as we brough nike shoe sandals i brought from chennai ...as there is a repair in shoes as we use 2 bring 3 pairs from chennai as there is an destruction in sole please verify tht and wht shd i do now fr tht purpose ...please retify this problem so tht it wont come in further

tina Jul 02, 2008

I brought nike last xmas 2007 less than 6 months the shoes have fall apart. I rang nike, they said, take them back. Terrible product and terrible service! Beware people!

• Pr
    prashant Jul 18, 2008

I also bought a pair of nike shox and a few months down the line the soles spilt between the shox..

tim martinez Aug 04, 2008

i bought a pair of nike high tops and the sole on the bottom of the sneakers came off thay was not even 3 mons old .i dont know how to get in touch with nike to conplane about this .i have gotten nikes sence i was in high shool in 1883

• Ni
    Nisa Aug 29, 2008

I bought a pair of Nike Shox just a few months ago and one of the shocks blew out .. im tring to find out who to contact... anyone have any info?

• Ro
    Robert goodyear Oct 19, 2008

I have two different pairs of Nike tennis shoe and both pair the sole is coming off of them. I am 59 years old and have not done anything to cause them to fall apart.

• Bp
    BP Nov 27, 2008

All you have to do is send them back to Nike per their policy, and Nike will give you credit towards another pair of shoes. All you have to do is read!

Jo Berresford Nov 27, 2008

My sons Ronaldo football boots smell awful, like strong cat pee. Have to put them in the garage in 2 carrier bags, as soon as you open the garage door the smell is dreadful. Makes your stomach turn. What are Nike going to do about this ?

• Ve
    Veronica Jan 26, 2009

I was looking for inexpensive, designer jeans. I thought I got a great deal when I found Fresh Pair Of Nikes.com but it took almost a month to get the jeans and then they were FAKE!! Not even real from China. I have contacted them numerous times and no responses. If I would have known they were fake maybe I could have made that decision myself but not when they are trying to pass them off as AUTHENTIC. Do not purchase from them unless you are aware they are selling knockoffs.

• St
    Stephy J. Jul 13, 2009

Don't trust these people! I ordered a pair of boots from them and never got the order! Look at the complaints about them first! They'll cheat you out of your money for sure! Stay away!

Kelly5 Jul 13, 2009

Please, stay away from them! I ordered a pair of shoes and never got my order. They've charged my account and now I can't get through to them to get my money back!

Kelly5 Jul 13, 2009

Please, don't order anything from these scammers! You'll get no order and they'll never return your money! No way to get in touch with them after they charge you!

Andrew Jul 13, 2009

New conmanship, dont buy anything from nikesupersupplier AT hotmail.com, you will get nothing, they use a real nike authorization letter to scam you, the authorization letter is for one of the real nike factories, they will tell you they are the factory and you can choose the products at nike.com then email them your select products, then talk about prices with you and request you to make the payment through Western Union, but after you send the payment, they will block you and you will get nothing from them.Their address they give you for payment is inexistent, and their phone is too.Some my friends have been scammed by them yet.

• Sh
    shiel2s Jul 13, 2009

I have bought 4 pairs of nike 90 football boots and astro turf books for my grandson all four pairs ended up smelling of cat pee, no problem with his adidas books

• Oz
    Oz Mom Oct 10, 2009

Oh my gosh, our sons football shoes had gotten wet two weeks ago, and what a smell. I took the first pair back to Dicks Sporting goods, they exchanged really thinking I was crazy.

Now the second pair the same, now they wont take back.

I have contacted Nike no response, so I have taken this to Better Business Bureau, the kids cannot wear these, IT IS DISGUSTING.

• Mg
    MGarrett Oct 16, 2009

I am in Australia and my son 20 yrs old insists on NIKE footwear that set us back hundreds of dollars for every pair. We have thrown out 5 pairs thinking that he had left them at the front door at his friends houses and cats had urinated on them. My 2 yr old grandson has also lost one pair to the dreaded cat urine issue, leaving people believing that his mother is dirty because of the smell. I have spent many an hour on the internet finding ways to remove urine from leather and just as many hours trying the results of these searches not to mention the cost of the products that did not work. I am disgusted to find that the actual reason for this smell is in the production of the product. NIKE step up to the plate and change the fact that Australia receives your inferior products.

Tiffany jenkins Sep 19, 2018

@MGarrett The glue they use for the shoes smells like cat urine when activated through sweat...my boyfriends Nikes smell god awful a week after purchase & we live in chicago, we no longer purchase Nike because of this.
    Try Supra or puma they are good shoes

• Ra
    Rassmer Oct 20, 2009

I am so glad to see that others have this same problem. My son's new Nike's smell as if a cat urinated in them...we do not own a cat!!!

• Hi
    hightower, caroline Oct 27, 2009

Sorry folks its NOT Nike's fault!!! All football cleats smell the same when they get wet. My son has played football for 5 years now & the same smell occurs when they play in the rain. He has had a different brand every year. All the football mom's have had the same complaint. The best way to fix it is to wash them with Lysol 4 in 1 cleaner full strength. Pour about a cup in the wet shoe and scrub the outside with a brush. Let them sit for about an hour then rinse. Let them dry & repeat next time it rains. The shoes have held up for many washings!

• Js
    jsquared7 Dec 19, 2009

DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES FROM A2ZSHOES.COM. I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO GIVE THE SHOES AWAY I PURCHASED!!! YOU CAN BUY HIGHER QUALITY SHOES FROM A FLEA MARKET!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DO NOT BUY FROM THESE FAKE DEALERS!!!

• Ju
    jungles Jan 21, 2010

it is nikes fault.

myself and a friend in 2001 had air max 95s and same thing.nike told me that i washed them in machine.

(they were brand new and i had not) i argued to no avail eventually being told by nike cust ser manager(joke in that title) that i shouldnt

have got them wet at all!! these were running shoes and at the time i lived in scotland!! my friend went to the expense of sending them to

nike.they sent them back with a letter saying that they had tested them and they had been in the washing machine.trading standards

told us that there was no such test but nike wouldnt have it. i wa a gap manager at the time and as i spoke to people in the retail industry

i found that this was a common problem with many nike models.i did write to watchdog and am glad to see that maybe i helped in some

small way.remember this was 2001 in the uk so shame on you nike.this has been going on for nearly 10 years.

• Pe
    pepskaram Mar 22, 2010

The website says i can order to a us base out of usa but need to call them. but when i spent 15 mins on the phone they said it couldnt be done!

• Bv
    bv3596 May 18, 2010

i had buy a soccer ball last month with in 15day air was leaking from the ball.i want to retailer and showed him the ball he toid me that you guys played very hard with ball.i want to know that this ball are made for small kid or for professional

• At
    atin bajaj Dec 28, 2010

i just bought indias new jersey . i loved it.it was just 2 days since i had purchased it and a bit of water fell over it. youd expect it to dry up but it insted has left a mark which looks cheap and ugly. plss tell me how to remove the mark.or atleast how to wash the t shirt

• Jb
    jbrodriguez Jan 20, 2011

Nike is a great company. However, their shoes need more originality. I see WAY too many sites with unauthentic shoes and having companies bite off their look. It needs to provide it's own brand at reasonable prices so that everyone can enjoy. Also, it shouldn't give them a reason to slack on the material and creation of the shoes; I've had really great shoes, but shoes that just break down within the first month of wear.

jaco79 Jan 27, 2011

I bought a pair of nike’s 4 day old, I have extreme pain from wearing the shoes for one day, it seems to be only a problem with the one shoe?
    Any suggestions ?

• Ce
    cedric hawkins Feb 15, 2011

on 9 of jan 2011 i order some shoe from niketrading.com. order no. JL3231 i didn't recieve them today date 15 Feb 2011. the money order MTCN 715-399-0800 that sent to ZHIWU KE

• Pp
    ppatrone Feb 21, 2011

I have the Air Pegasus sneakers and they stink like cat pee. I can't wear them. I did not wash them either before the smell. I live in the US in Massachusetts and we get all kinds of weather here as well. I was not informed that the sneakers should never get wet. I am very disappointed as Nike is all I wear and find comfortable. Now what will I get???

• El
    Elza Mar 22, 2011

Will take your credit card information and wont have your shoes in stock. Any other website I have every visit will say that the product is not in stocked not this one. It takes 2 months before they give a refund.

• Mi
    MinBuggy Apr 16, 2011

yep! have 3 boys and a girl. i live in an area where there are 4 primary schools within a mile radius. so i have lots of friends with kids under 12. it is common knowledge that nikes stink, the runners trainers and boots... Its the glue they use.. Why!
    We are all buying Addidas now. and they have become more fashionable with the kids here too.

• Pu
    Punj May 08, 2011

I purchased nike t shirt from bangalore. But now its thread are coming out. I have not washed even once .
    I checked with the nike people but they told i have to go to same shop. i tried calling them but they are not picking up the call, I am staying in mysore so i can not go to bangalore just to show them a shirt. Please let me know how to take it.

• Tx
    txhustla May 15, 2011

Until Money Gram was received, they seemed as a normal company.SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

they are on ec21.com, ecplaza, ecglobal.

Company name: Nike Hong Xing CO., LTD.
    Adress: PuTian, FuJian, China
    Contact: Ms.kally
    Email:[email protected]
    Msn:[email protected]
    Tel:0086-594-6280568
    M.p:0086-013559817193

BEWARE OF THE JACKASSES

Keklavane Jun 01, 2011

This site sells fake Nike shoes, They tell you they are authentic. and they are not cheap for fake shoes. They didnt respond to emails, They were pretty good for fakes though. Some people might be fooled. the items are sent from China.

maseking Jun 19, 2011

I friend of mine ordered a ps3. at $500 usd seemed like a legit deal. but recieved a NOKLA N95 (a fake version of a nokia n95) instead.

therefore what im saying is that in some cases you get the goods but an imitation version instead. which really cost about $5 usd. so NIKEMARVEL.COM is nothing but a cheap scam from the mainland (china) so be careful and if you want something that you really save and buy it legit.

• Fa
    fake shoes Jun 20, 2011

i just paid 156.00 dollars for a pair nike yeezy glow in dark sneakers, recieved them within a week from ordering but the they dont want to glow.we followed the directions but cant get them to glow.i guess im out the money and a lessoned learned.dont order from out of country stick with the good ole usa merchandise.i dont suggest you waste your money.

• Re
    reefercat Jun 20, 2011

This is brilliant. You mean save up and buy the trusted brand rather than cheaping out for the Chinese version? You should be awarded the nobel prize for stating the obvious.

jostdoit Jul 05, 2011

I have been deceived by nike2adidas.com
    Page me say that money had problems with shipping and disconnected from msn

[email protected]

Zipcode: 351100
    Province: Fujian
    Country: PRC (China

• mallfarcom Jul 22, 2011

Breathable mesh upper with ultra-strong Flywire technology for incredibly lightweight support and fit
    •Partial bootie for enhanced internal comfort and fit
    •Full-length, segmented Max Air unit for maximum cushioning and a smoother, more natural range of motion
    •Full-length Cushlon midsole for comfort and protection
    •Flex grooves in the midsole and outsole for enhanced flexibility
    •Rubber outsole with strategically placed lugs and Waffle pattern for excellent traction, cushioning and durability

Comments

• Mo
    Mom2StinkyFeet Nov 10, 2011

I'm not a big fan of Nike because I can't get my wide feet into them. However, the cat pee smell is probably not the shoe but your (or your kids) feet. It's a common problem in many people for sweaty feet to give off an odor very similar to ammonia (or cat urine). ALL of my son's shoes smell like cat urine and have for quite some time. Google it!

• Ri
    Richard D Jan 04, 2012

I have ordered what was claimed to be a genuine pair of sneakers from this company. By this time I haven’t received anything and I failed in attempts to contact this company as well. Beware.

• Re
    Reoler Jan 06, 2012

Terrible site. DO NOT USE. Yes, they take your credit card details and then they don't have the item in stock. Then they tell you they have refunded your money but that it can take up to 30 to 40 days for their bank to put the money into your bank (why when they got my money within minutes?). I think they hope that you will forget about it. I am still chasing a refund of $90 (which is my 14 year old daughter's money - and she worked hard for it!) for an order from 12 October 2011.