Nevada State BankKATHLEEN GALEA

On April 15th I used a drive through ATM at Nevada state bank at Boulder Hwy and Racetrack branch in Henderson. I was using my Debit card issued by my Canadaian bank ..Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. I attempted to withdraw $400.00 USD. The machine sounded like it was counting out the money and then it malfunctioned and gave me an on screen msg "unable to dispense". I checked my balance of my canadian account and saw they debited my account but did not give me the money. I called the appropriate department and was advised that upon balancing the atm they would see that they were over and would return the money to my account promptly but i should advise my financial institution and have them file a "dispute" just in case. I have spoken to a Mr. Don Bell at [protected] who i am told is a supervisor for their atm department. After many calls and promises that he would call me back and has not on numerous occasions Mr. Bell advises me on each call i have made that they have not received the "dispute" from my bank. This has been going on since April 15th, 2011 and i have received nothing from Nevada State to rectify the problem. Today I again called and they say they still have not received the "dispute" again i call my canadian bank and they say they have received no reponse from Nevada State and they will keep the dispute open for a total of 3 months then it will be closed and i will have to persue Nevada state in some other manner. I informed Mr.Don Bell today that there is no dispute that the atm did NOT dispense the money and there would be a record of that when they reconciled the atm and saw the error messages from that atm. I informed him I will require something in writing TODAY from them stating they either say they dispensed the money from the atm or that they did not..either way at this point all i have is phone calls and they have continued to stonewall me. I have contacted Nevada State online as well as the local TV station to help. I totally understand if the machine shorted my withdrawal and gave me some money which i disputed. But the ATM did give me the error "unable to dispense" and there is no dispute that nevada state did debit my account but did not dispense the money.

• Mi
    MisterDolo Jun 02, 2011

Look at NSB jumping right on this, maybe you should pay attention to the actual paperwork in front of you, and not the damn internet.

• De
    debokey May 19, 2011

I tried two different banks when I moved to Nevada and was cheated by both. Fortunately, my account at the credit union in the state where I used to live was still open. I do all my banking outside the state of Nevada.