Mount Vernon Coin CompanyEmpty Box and lies was all I got!

B Review updated:

Despite reading some other horrible reviews of this company I decided to buy some coins...(yeah I know...I should have known)
Ordered some barber coinage totalling several hundred dollars.
nearly 3 weeks after my order I received a priority small flat rate box. Upon opening the box I found nothing but some papers.No coins! Examining the box there was nothing sealing the flaps. Yep, these guys shipped silver coins without taping or gluing the flaps shut.
I notified them of the issue and shipped the packaging back to them so they could file an insurance claim. A few days passed after tracking showed delivery without any response from them. Upon contacting them and asking for my money back they told me I need to file the insurance claim. At this point they had the packaging, they were the contractor with the shipper and the holder of the insurance receipt. Therefore any insurance due would most likely go to them and not me.
I told them that I contracted with them to deliver coins which they failed to do. They contracted with the USPS to get them to me. The insurance was to protect them.
They refused to refund. So I filed a chargeback and notified the BBB.
In responding to the complaint to the BBB they lied and stated I did not return the packaging, something they never called into question before. Then they had the nerve to slander me and call me a fraud.
So in short...these people have no integrity, no honesty and do not feel they are responsible for the safe delivery of the items. read the other reviews online and don't make the mistake I did! AVOID these scammers.

• Hu
    Hugh Roberts May 09, 2020

I was planning on ordering some B/U Jefferson nickels from these people, but after reading your review and a few others that won't be happening!!! It's to bad we have scum bags in the business that we can't trust. People like this give coin collecting a bad name. Thanks for the heads up guys.