Motel 6customer service and stay

S Aug 14, 2018 Review updated:

I was guest August 12th 2018. I paid for two nights. Checked in at 12:47 am. The first room had a non working toilet. I notified the front desk and they switched me rooms later that afternoon. I moved my belongings to the next room and turned the air on and left. CAme back 3 hours later and the room was still hot. I notified the front desk again and asked for some type of compensation back. The worker said to me that I couldn't be refunded anything due to being checked in for 3 hours and that I should've checked and made sure that everything was working before I left. Which I'm not understanding why I'm supposed to be the one to make sure that your hotel is up to par. I explained that that's not my responsibility and that I definitely wanted my money back for the horrible stay and horrendous customer service. Which was also displayed in front of the manager. Then I was told I could get a gift certificate for a free night. Why would I want a gift certificate to a hotel that I pod 2 nights for and had a broken toilet in the first room and and no air on a 96 degree day in the second room. I asked for the corporate number and then moments after was told that I would be refunded in 7-10 days.
This is the motel 6 in Green Bay Wisconsin on Shawano st.
I have never in my life had a hotel experience as bad as this nor have I had staff at a place treat me with such disrespect!

• 9w
    9wood Aug 14, 2018

customer service is lacking all over