MiWay Insurancecar insurance

I decided to change to my way because their qoute was cheaper. The first premium was supposed to be debited on 1 October 2019. The payment was not debited. I have enough funds. I called again to query why the money was not debited because I was stressed about not being covered. I was assured that the matter would be resolved and the debit was not allowed. {I don't know why} they resubmitted the debit and it still didn't go through. I was told to wait 3 days. After 3 days I called and was told to wait 7 days. I then went on to call constantly at my expense during work hours to resolve the problem myself. I was told that my bank was at fault. So I wasted fuel and time going to the bank only to get told that outside debits orders cannot be resolved at my bank. I did not put out any stop orders or anything so I am baffled as to why my debits were not taken. I feel as though I was taken advantage of and made to cancel my old insurance for absolutely nothing. If my matter can't be resolved I would resort to canceling and going back to my old insurance and paying more to avoid wasting time and money on miway.

Ka