Minimax ConsultingScam artist

M

I paid these complete and total ###s over $3000 and I had an experience similar to that which I am reading here. It should have been a red flag to me, or anyone that considers hiring Minimax, that they will not take credit cards or PayPal. They will only take money orders, wire transfers, etc… because they know that there is little or no recourse. It is nearly impossible to get your money back. At least with a credit card or PayPal you can file a complaint to get your money back.

I did find a website for a man named Patrick Lynch who is the Attorney General in Rhode Island. Apparently the Minimax headquarters, if they actually have them, are located in Providence, Rhode Island. There is an area on their website under forms, consumer complaints, and filing a consumer complaint where you can file a complaint against a business in Rhode Island. There is even a question on the form (#2) where you can specify what kind of resolution you are looking for in your complaint. You can, as I plan on doing, state that you want your money back. I do not know if it will do any good, but it is better than nothing and I am still looking at other options. I have listed the links to the website below.

Here are the links to the website:

The only thing I can think of when I read the good reviews about Minimax is that the people at Minimax actually create bogus Measured Up accounts and write the reviews themselves. There is also no possible way that they have a LEGITIMATE “A” rating from the Better Business Bureau, unless they paid the people at the Better Business Bureau off. I would not put it past them.

It is unbelievable to me that nobody has stopped them. Minimax is allowed to PREY (they are absolutely predators) on desperate students looking for help. Does no one in any position of authority care?

If anyone out there has hired an attorney in the Providence area I would love to know and possibly get the name of a good attorney. It sounds like there are enough victims out there. It is too bad that the victims cannot all “band” together.

• Gi
    givenmer Aug 22, 2011

Any customer who sent Minimax money via US Mail and has not received their work should contact the United States Postal Inspectors office. Minimax tries to get you to wire the money, but hopefully you were smart enough to mail - which then makes it mail fraud.

• Te
    Texaco Aug 14, 2011

I should have know better when it took 2 months and $2k to get a review of my dissertation Ch 3. Foolishly, I asked for assistance for Ch 4 because I was told (in writing) that it would only take 2 days for the data to be returned. Then my Chair said the data was all wrong and poorly written. If you go with Minimax Consulting you are just throwing your money out the window.

• Ki
    kispears Aug 03, 2011

I have had a horrible experience with this company. The first analyst who worked on my work did not know what they were doing. A month of my time was wasted

• Er