Merry Maidsunauthorized charges and unethical behaviour.

J

I recently had merry maids come clean a home we just bought.
First they had someone go through the house and create a detailed quote. They it would cost between $350 and $480.
I first had to give them a $150 deposit.
They were to clean the home the next monday.
That did not happen as they must have been there a total of one hour but managed to charge me another $980 on my credit card.
They were supposed to finish that friday.
But no, they did not come back until saturday which completely ruined our day.
When leaving they stated that the office would get in touch with me to discuss charges and possible discount due to inconvenience.
No call but they did manage to charge another $385 to my cc.
Fyi that is well over $600 collected now.
I called to complain about the unauthorized charges and lack of completeness in their cleaning just to be told that they already gave me a $100 discount, really, and that they would not come back and finish the job without charging me even more. Very unethical and borderline fraudulant!
Btw, the tops of the laundry room cabinets still had a 1/4" of dust on them and they did not dust the niches in the living room. Also the top shelves of bedroom shelves were not dusted and the stone of the fireplace is still a dusty mess.

• Updated by John Harry · Jun 06, 2017

I recently had Merry Maids come clean a home we just bought.
    First they had someone go through the house and create a detailed Quote. They it would cost between $350 and $480.
    I first had to give them a $150 deposit.
    They were to clean the home the next Monday.
    THAT DID NOT HAPPEN as they must have been there a total of one hour but managed to charge me another $980 on my credit card.
    They were supposed to finish that Friday.
    BUT NO, they did not come back until Saturday which completely ruined our day.
    NO CALL but they did manage to charge another $385 to my CC.
    FYI that is well over $600 collected now.
    I called to complain about the unauthorized charges and lack of completeness in their cleaning just to be told that they already gave me a $100 discount, REALLY, and that they would not come back and finish the job without charging me even more. VERY UNETHICAL AND BORDERLINE FRAUDULANT!
    BTW, the tops of the laundry room cabinets still had a 1/4" of dust on them and they did not dust the niches in the living room. Also the top shelves of bedroom shelves were not dusted and the stone of the fireplace is still a dusty mess.