Menu
CB Cleaning Services / Laundry Merry Maids 1644 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, MA, 02122, US
Merry Maids company logo
Merry Maids
reviews & complaints
Merry Maids company logo

Merry Maids

1644 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, MA, 02122, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Working hours
ComplaintsBoard
M
2:00 pm EST

Merry Maids - merry maids

I first spoke to the local manager whose name is Sam. This was about two weeks ago. He was a little rough on the phone to say the least, and it felt a little shady because he wouldn't really give details, but kept promising they were the best. Boy was he wrong. I came down with the flu and called him 72 hours before my appointment to see if I could reschedule. He had asked for a credit card number over the phone when I first scheduled the appointment. Can said it was just to secure the appointment and then I can pay by cash or check if I wanted to. When I told him I really need to reschedule for health reasons he told me he was going to charge me half the fee for having to reschedule. I begged him not to and he finally said that if I would reschedule within a week he would not charge me half the fee but if I had to reschedule again he would charge me the whole fee. Keep in mind that he quoted me $230 for first time cleaning on a 900 square-foot apartment! He was such a bully on the phone and so incredibly rude it was honestly scary. I was afraid not to comply. When I ended up stuck in a snowstorm out of town and unable to return in time for the rescheduled appointment, I called and apologized profusely. He screamed at me on the phone that this was his business and that he needed to make money. He told me he didn't care about my travel plans that he had a business to run was going to charge my card for the full amount regardless of whether or not I could be home for the appointment. This man should not be allowed to speak to people or be in business. He is absolutely a bully, Shady, and should be fired immediately. I went on Yelp and needless to say the reviews reflect everything I am writing here. I also talked to one of the tenants in my building about this situation and they told me they have the exact same problem with him. I reported him to corporate and will continue tell my story and warn people so that they too will not be bullied by Sam and make the same mistake I did. I wouldn't trust anyone working for him to be in my apartment. I would not feel safe and I would have concerns for my well-being. Anyone who was associating with him should not be unsupervised anywhere.

Read full review of Merry Maids