Having problems with Merry Maids?

Merry Maids reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2008. The latest review merry maids was posted on Dec 6, 2019. The latest complaint The truth from an employee/bad service was resolved on Aug 15, 2012. Merry Maids has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 37 reviews. Merry Maids has resolved 6 complaints.

Merry Maids Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 798 8000 (United States)
860 Ridge Lake Blvd
Memphis, Tennessee
Postal Address
P.O. Box 751017, Memphis, Tennessee 38175-1017

Canada
5462 Timberlea Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 2T7

Merry Maids Complaints & Reviews

Merry MaidsFraud

I would like to recommend that no one get service from the office located on 6101 Idlewild Road #135 in Charlotte, NC
The Franchise office managers there are cruel. They have previously discriminated employees due to their accent even though they are US Citizens, from other countries but clean on a background check. Also they supposedly put office employees on salary but they hardly give them breaks and work long hours. How can customers and business partners trust such unfair people like that? Just remember you two
bosses there, what comes around goes around, you should be ashamed of how you have treated employees there. What a coincidence that now that this SB 1070 law is trying to come out, you are now showing your true colors. Someone shoud report this to a major newspaper or news channel to show how this SB 1070 would start giving these kind of people reason to discriminate more. Shame on you for abusing your employee's! May God have mercy on you, you can't hide what you do from Him, hopefully one day
you will realize and accept your unprofessional rotton attitude and treat all employees with dignity and respect like you would like to be treated if you were in their position. If you are a Merry Maid employee and are going through something I urge you to report it, the reason why these work discriminations keep happening is because people don't want to report it and have it stopped. If you are a good employee and get treated bad, then you have rights to be defended, remember that. These two bosses at this locaton give this company a bad name! Thank-you!

Merry MaidsThis company cheats its customers

I was charged a $88 lock-out fee by the Merry Maid at 20331 Lake Forest Drive, Suite C14, Lake Forest, CA even though they showed up at my house 3 hours early. I had an 11am-3pm appointment and they showed up at 8am, while I was getting dressed for a morning appointment. I told them to come back at the scheduled time, and they said they would. They never showed up after I waited around all day, and when I called to complain, they claimed I had an 8am appointment, which was a total lie, and they refused to clean my house, and they charged me a lockout fee, even though I was at home. This is a total rip-off. I was going to sign up for a monthly service, but I am appalled for being charged for their mistake.

Merrymaids — Poor quality

I recently had to move my father from his own house to an assisted living facility. I had to clean out hi...

Merry Maids — Ripped Me Off

This company cheats its customers. DO NOT USE THEM! I was charged a lock-out fee by the Merry Maid at 20331...

Merry MaidsStay far away from them

I should have know at the initial "assessment" meeting where the woman asked about each task over and over - I saw her recording my answers on a form, but when the cleaners showed up they were not aware of what they were supposed to do. I found them chewing up the clock in their car in my driveway, and the house was not cleaned. I called the office, but the manager was obnoxious and so was his co- worker - I decided to write it off as a bad decision.

Merry MaidsThey're doing exactly what they advertise they don't do

I was pleased with the first 3 visits by the Merry Maids, then on the 4th visit half of the house was very visibly not cleaned. I got home less than an hour after the cleaning, and called the office to leave a message that the job wasn't done. I never got a call back, and when I called again twice they refused to come back out an re-clean despite that they say they will do just that to fix a bad cleaning. Then, after I fired them I discovered they charged me again for the next week's cleaning that they never did!! It's been a nightmare of bad service. Despite leaving messages on the machine, I haven't gotten calls back at all until I call during business hours. I still don't have my credit posted because they can't find records of having charged me too many times, despite sending them my credit card records. Terrible customer service after they're mistakes. They're doing exactly what they advertise they don't do.

• Tr
            trippersammy Jan 09, 2011

I spent $3000 on the same sectional & the cushions were all sagging to the frame within six months. The stitching is horrible & the fabic is looks old already & I've had it less than 2 years. I bought the warranty & complained after 6 mon., but they said they don't cover normal wear & tear! We're a family of 3 that watch afew hrs of TV on it! I got ripped off!

Merry MaidsHorrible customer service, I would not recommend this company

Had Merry Maids come out. Initial cleaning was ok but was overcharged . Second visit, team showed up unexpected no appointment arranged. This time cleaning was horrible, were in my home less than an hour. Also over charged for this visit by 30.00. When i called to complain I was told that I would get a call back. Its been a month no call back no reschedule. Horrible customer service. I would not recommend this company.

Merry MaidsWe will never have them back

We just returned home after the Merry Maids cleaned it. To beginwith our home is not dirty we just wanted the floors, wood cabinets and wood work cleaned. Well there were visable spots on the ceramic floor tiles and hardwood floors. When we took a damp paper towel to the surfaces they all had dirt on them. They did fold the toilet paper rool ends and paper towel roll. Not worth the $275 we are now out of pocket on this one. We will never have them back.

Merry MaidsThey over charge the elderly and the disabled

I know first hand that this mm offce is very unproffessional. The manager is very rude to customers and employees. They over charge the elderly and the disabled espeially if the insurance company or the state is paying the bill. One of the employees will rip off customers on a first time in and say she was there 2 hours and really only there for 1 hour this happens when the customer is not home to verify time in home. This all really makes me sick, especially when the seniors and disabled get ripped off. I have cleaned for a long time and would do extras for the elderly and disabled.And to rip off customers, how can you sleep at night. I would not want it done to me.

Merry MaidsMerry Maids really gives cleaning services a bad name.

I'm 39 weeks pregnant and wanted a good cleaning done since I'm not able to do it the way I like. I literally just had Merry Maids leave my house and it took 2 women almost 3 hours to do what normally should take about an hour and 1/2. Over $250 dollars later, I am completely mortified that I used this service and wasted money on Merry Maids. There are so many good services out there and this Merry Maids really gives cleaning services a bad name.

Merry Maids — Anyone with any sense or morals wouldn't hire this company

I have been employed with Merry Maids for 6 months. And I can tell you that most of these reviews are...

Merry Maids — Never again I will use this company

I live in the Baltimore area now and am a breast cancer survivor... twice in 9 years. I should also note that...

Merry MaidsEverything that was in my contract was not done

I am from the Springfield, Ma area and I only had them come out to my home twice and both times they had to return the next day to actually complete the job, with still minimal results! The reason I needed the extra help is because I am 9 months pregnant and the idea of getting down on my hands & knees to wash floors and scrub toilets was not appealing to me, or even possible, at this point. I only have a 900 sq. ft. condo and they charged me $136 for the first cleaning and $76 each week thereafter, however they promised all these "extras" that smaller services didn't provide. Needless to say, NONE of the extras were ever done, let alone normal cleaning each time. My master bath was skipped on both occasions! Only good thing to come out of it was that my money for the second cleaning is being promised to be returned to me...we'll see if that happens. EVERYTHING that was in my contract was not done. I also was supposed to have a designated cleaner responsible for my home and someone different came each time. Search around a get more estimates, DO NOT hire Merry Maids!

• Am
                      Amanda Elliott Apr 15, 2016

Having the exact same problem in Memphis!

Merry Maids Corporate Office — The worst customer service ever!

Be careful of Merry Maids in Washington DC and Merry Maids coporate officein Memphis TN. The local branch in...

Merry Maids — Fraud and scam

Before I moved into my new home I hired Merry Maids to clean it for me. On Nov 13th, 2008 Merry Maids came to...

Merry Maids — Ripped Off

I was mislead by the owner Terry Bollons of Marry Maids of El Dorado Hills CA . They did not complete the job...

Merry Maids — Rude, unprofessional service

They never showed up for their appointment. The appointment was supposed be from 10-12. At 12:30 I called and...