Having problems with Merry Maids?

+1 800 798 8000 (United States)
860 Ridge Lake Blvd
Memphis, Tennessee
Postal Address
P.O. Box 751017, Memphis, Tennessee 38175-1017

Canada
5462 Timberlea Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 2T7

Complaints & Reviews

Fraud

I would like to recommend that no one get service from the office located on 6101 Idlewild Road #135 in Charlotte, NC
The Franchise office managers there are cruel. They have previously discriminated employees due to their accent even though they are US Citizens, from other countries but clean on a background check. Also they supposedly put office employees on salary but they hardly give them breaks and work long hours. How can customers and business partners trust such unfair people like that? Just remember you two
bosses there, what comes around goes around, you should be ashamed of how you have treated employees there. What a coincidence that now that this SB 1070 law is trying to come out, you are now showing your true colors. Someone shoud report this to a major newspaper or news channel to show how this SB 1070 would start giving these kind of people reason to discriminate more. Shame on you for abusing your employee's! May God have mercy on you, you can't hide what you do from Him, hopefully one day
you will realize and accept your unprofessional rotton attitude and treat all employees with dignity and respect like you would like to be treated if you were in their position. If you are a Merry Maid employee and are going through something I urge you to report it, the reason why these work discriminations keep happening is because people don't want to report it and have it stopped. If you are a good employee and get treated bad, then you have rights to be defended, remember that. These two bosses at this locaton give this company a bad name! Thank-you!

This company cheats its customers

I was charged a $88 lock-out fee by the Merry Maid at 20331 Lake Forest Drive, Suite C14, Lake Forest, CA even though they showed up at my house 3 hours early. I had an 11am-3pm appointment and they showed up at 8am, while I was getting dressed for a morning appointment. I told them to come back at the scheduled time, and they said they would. They never showed up after I waited around all day, and when I called to complain, they claimed I had an 8am appointment, which was a total lie, and they refused to clean my house, and they charged me a lockout fee, even though I was at home. This is a total rip-off. I was going to sign up for a monthly service, but I am appalled for being charged for their mistake.

Poor quality

I recently had to move my father from his own house to an assisted living facility. I had to clean out hi...

Ripped Me Off

This company cheats its customers. DO NOT USE THEM! I was charged a lock-out fee by the Merry Maid at 20331...

Stay far away from them

I should have know at the initial "assessment" meeting where the woman asked about each task over and over - I saw her recording my answers on a form, but when the cleaners showed up they were not aware of what they were supposed to do. I found them chewing up the clock in their car in my driveway, and the house was not cleaned. I called the office, but the manager was obnoxious and so was his co- worker - I decided to write it off as a bad decision.

They're doing exactly what they advertise they don't do

I was pleased with the first 3 visits by the Merry Maids, then on the 4th visit half of the house was very visibly not cleaned. I got home less than an hour after the cleaning, and called the office to leave a message that the job wasn't done. I never got a call back, and when I called again twice they refused to come back out an re-clean despite that they say they will do just that to fix a bad cleaning. Then, after I fired them I discovered they charged me again for the next week's cleaning that they never did!! It's been a nightmare of bad service. Despite leaving messages on the machine, I haven't gotten calls back at all until I call during business hours. I still don't have my credit posted because they can't find records of having charged me too many times, despite sending them my credit card records. Terrible customer service after they're mistakes. They're doing exactly what they advertise they don't do.

• Tr
    trippersammy Jan 09, 2011

I spent $3000 on the same sectional & the cushions were all sagging to the frame within six months. The stitching is horrible & the fabic is looks old already & I've had it less than 2 years. I bought the warranty & complained after 6 mon., but they said they don't cover normal wear & tear! We're a family of 3 that watch afew hrs of TV on it! I got ripped off!

Horrible customer service, I would not recommend this company

Had Merry Maids come out. Initial cleaning was ok but was overcharged . Second visit, team showed up unexpected no appointment arranged. This time cleaning was horrible, were in my home less than an hour. Also over charged for this visit by 30.00. When i called to complain I was told that I would get a call back. Its been a month no call back no reschedule. Horrible customer service. I would not recommend this company.

We will never have them back

We just returned home after the Merry Maids cleaned it. To beginwith our home is not dirty we just wanted the floors, wood cabinets and wood work cleaned. Well there were visable spots on the ceramic floor tiles and hardwood floors. When we took a damp paper towel to the surfaces they all had dirt on them. They did fold the toilet paper rool ends and paper towel roll. Not worth the $275 we are now out of pocket on this one. We will never have them back.

They over charge the elderly and the disabled

I know first hand that this mm offce is very unproffessional. The manager is very rude to customers and employees. They over charge the elderly and the disabled espeially if the insurance company or the state is paying the bill. One of the employees will rip off customers on a first time in and say she was there 2 hours and really only there for 1 hour this happens when the customer is not home to verify time in home. This all really makes me sick, especially when the seniors and disabled get ripped off. I have cleaned for a long time and would do extras for the elderly and disabled.And to rip off customers, how can you sleep at night. I would not want it done to me.

Merry Maids really gives cleaning services a bad name.

I'm 39 weeks pregnant and wanted a good cleaning done since I'm not able to do it the way I like. I literally just had Merry Maids leave my house and it took 2 women almost 3 hours to do what normally should take about an hour and 1/2. Over $250 dollars later, I am completely mortified that I used this service and wasted money on Merry Maids. There are so many good services out there and this Merry Maids really gives cleaning services a bad name.

Anyone with any sense or morals wouldn't hire this company

I have been employed with Merry Maids for 6 months. And I can tell you that most of these reviews are probably 100% true. Yes the teams are trained properly. But as soon as training is complete, the focus turns to speed instead of thoroughness. While your being charged for example $100.00 for this service, each team mate is lucky to see 10-15% of that. We work on a commision base, which means the more houses we can get cleaned, the more money we will make. Sub-standard service for too-high prices becomes the normal in this company. And the employees seem to be the last ones they are concerned about. I got hurt on the job and because I went to the doctors, I was penialized for the injury and told that if I hadnt gone to the doctors, I wouldnt have been. Anyone with any sense or morals wouldnt hire this company. Im leaving in a few months myself and taking a good part of my regular customers with me. They enjoy my services.

Never again I will use this company

I live in the Baltimore area now and am a breast cancer survivor... twice in 9 years. I should also note that...

Everything that was in my contract was not done

I am from the Springfield, Ma area and I only had them come out to my home twice and both times they had to return the next day to actually complete the job, with still minimal results! The reason I needed the extra help is because I am 9 months pregnant and the idea of getting down on my hands & knees to wash floors and scrub toilets was not appealing to me, or even possible, at this point. I only have a 900 sq. ft. condo and they charged me $136 for the first cleaning and $76 each week thereafter, however they promised all these "extras" that smaller services didn't provide. Needless to say, NONE of the extras were ever done, let alone normal cleaning each time. My master bath was skipped on both occasions! Only good thing to come out of it was that my money for the second cleaning is being promised to be returned to me...we'll see if that happens. EVERYTHING that was in my contract was not done. I also was supposed to have a designated cleaner responsible for my home and someone different came each time. Search around a get more estimates, DO NOT hire Merry Maids!

• Am
    Amanda Elliott Apr 15, 2016

Having the exact same problem in Memphis!

The worst customer service ever!

Be careful of Merry Maids in Washington DC and Merry Maids coporate officein Memphis TN. The local branch in...

Fraud and scam

Before I moved into my new home I hired Merry Maids to clean it for me. On Nov 13th, 2008 Merry Maids came to my home with a four-person team to clean my 3bdrm tri-level home. However, the quality of the cleaning was a disappointment. I thought I paid for hand washed floors, cleaning of the ceiling fans, refrigerator, base boards and bathroom floors. Unfortunately, thats not what I got. The floors did not appear to have been hand washed; there were dead flies left in the corners. There was still dust on the ceiling fans. The refrigerator (freezer included) was only wiped down, not cleaned/washed. The base boards and bathroom floors were still dirty. Also, I was assured that I did not need to supply any cleaning supplies but to my astonishment the cleaners had used my Lysol cleanser.

Later that day I called George at 4:30pm to tell him about the floors. He offered to come back the following month. Upon further inspection of the house I called back to report the condition of the everything else I had found. After two more conversations and an inability to settle on a new appointment time I requested a full refund. George then said he'd call back. I missed his return call and when I called him back that day I spoke with his wife. Unfortunately, her customer service skills were lacking. She was condescending and argumentative.

The next day I called back very eager to settle this situation. I offered to accept a refund of $100.00 only; allowing Merry Maid to keep $40.00 for transportation fees and George refused. He counter-offered me only a $75.00 refund by mail. Exasperated at this point, I reluctantly agreed. As of today I still have not received a refund.

• Mu
    mumalizard83 Dec 30, 2009

you're lucky they used your lysol. their products don't disinfect... AT ALL...

• Ld
    ldmsu Jul 12, 2010

The Merry Maids ladies come into the house with their dirty rags, that probably have never been washed, and their old old vacuum cleaners that look disgusting. They rush through the house never putting anything back in its place...like bathroom rugs, pictures, etc. The last time I had them clean the house (actually the house was NEVER really clean when they left!), they pulled into the driveway at 11am and left at 11:40am. I had to clean after they left...and beyond that they STOLE several pieces of expensive jewelry...no wonder they were in such a hurry to leave. THIEVES! When I called the Merry Maids office to tell them what had happened ...all they said was "OK." Beyond arrogance!!! CAUTION: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CLEANING SERVICE, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT CLEANING!!!

• Mn
    mnwells Aug 07, 2012

They are incapable of cleaning a house properly. After several complaints and their attempts to fix the problems the manager came out to review our complaints. He was of no help either. Example: shower was obviously missed several times. Manager said that it was a work in progress due to hairspray. CLR and 10 minutes did the trick. Don't lie to me please. Cancelled the service and it cost $270 for our first cleaning ( read your contract)

Ripped Off

I was mislead by the owner Terry Bollons of Marry Maids of El Dorado Hills CA . They did not complete the job...

Rude, unprofessional service

They never showed up for their appointment. The appointment was supposed be from 10-12. At 12:30 I called and...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices