Maytag Gas Rangegas range

L

I bought a new Maytag gas range with dual ovens in 2004. It workedfine until this year. In June the broiler stopped working. I had purchased an extended warranty through Maytag Dependability Plus so I called for service. It took a day for the assigned service technician to call me. Once he was able to come out and check out the problem he told me that the mother board was bad and would have to be replaced. He had called Maytag's company trouble shooters to verify that this was the solution to the breakdown. The problem was that the part was back ordered for the next two months!! We waited for the part and once it arrived he installed it and the broiler still did not work. I was told I would have to wait for another part. So I wrote a letter to the CEO of Whirlpool which owns Maytag and was put in touch with an executive office customer service person. He was able to find the part I needed and Fed-Exed it to me. The technician came and replaced the part and it still didn't work!!! This time he called the Maytag Co. trouble shooters and they told him that I needed a new broiler igniter part because it was shorting out the mother board so I needed another new board but they had to install a broiler igniter before they installed the new board. By this time we were on the third board which is a $300 part. It was finally fixed on Oct 10 but last night the entire board went down so I am back to square one and waiting for the technician to show up. Maytag Dependability Plus told me that since the same part is causing the problem it is a continuation of the prior claim and that I cannot make a lemon claim unless I have 4 separate service calls for different parts. I also found out that Maytag has not paid the authorized servicer ANY money yet for all the service calls and parts which they used in trying to repair my range. So they are ripping off the servicers as well as the consumers. I will never in my life ever buy anything again from Maytag or Whirlpool. Prior to this range problem I had a Maytag washer which I bought in 2002. It kept breaking down - had the milkstool replaced 2 times. When I made the third service call in Feb 2008 I was told that my contract was being bought out because the repair costs had reached the original cost of the machine. So they paid me $8.69 and left me with a broken washer. This company is made-up of complete ripoff artists. What recourse do we have as consumers??

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices