The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Mayo Clinic — Price of Endoscopy
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I am writing this complaint because I think the Mayo Clinic is charging ridiculous amounts of money for their services. For example, I had an endoscopy done by them and their charges before it hit my insurance was over $3000. That is over double the national average for this exam. How can they possibly justify that?
Not to mention the fact that I had to wait 3 hours in the waiting room AFTER my schedule appointment time before I was called in and then bam the test took a whole 10 minutes.
They are doing this because of 2 reasons: 1. they have no competition in rochester and they think they are god's gift to the earth, and 2. they are lining the pockets of their board members and doctors at the price of the patient.
My recommendation: Fly to Mexico and have all of your work done there, or at least a big city where there's more competition. The insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and hospitals are all in bed with the government and all getting filthy rich in the process.
More Mayo Clinic Complaints & Reviews
- Mayo Clinic Scottsdale - Refusal of Service
- Mayo Clinic - Surgical error & subsequent mistreatment
- Mayo Clinic - stopping of health care
- MayoClinic - Failure to Take Medicare
- mayoclinic.org - Bad service and attitude
- Mayo Clinic - poor diagnostic treatment
- Mayo Clinic - Denied access for medication to maintain health
- Mayo Clinic - registration/insurance
- Mayo Clinic - various trauma mostly surgical disfigurement
- Mayo Clinic - department of neurology