Maybank Group / Malayan Banking Berhadcredit card not processed even after 2 weeks

I applied for a Maybank Islamic Petronas Ikhwan Visa Platinum Card-i on 25th September 2017 at around 1pm at Maybank Wisma Genting. The officer who attended to me was Najua Hanim Kamarozaman. I provided a copy of my IC, latest salary slip and filled up the application form completely and was told my Credit Card would be sent to my home address via courier within 7 working days.

I waited almost 3 weeks and received no news from any Maybank staff. I called up Najua yesterday to check on the status of my application and was informed that my application was still designated as "Pending".

May I ask why does it take Maybank so long to process a simple credit card application whereas your competitors only take 3 days?

Worse, I was kept in the dark and left hanging, never knowing if my application was successful or had been rejected.

I am a very loyal customer of Maybank and would like to continue using your credit cards.

Thank you.