Majic WindowRoof installation

M Oct 22, 2020

On August 10th, I had a free estimate done on my roof, only because I was told it would be good for a year. It turned into a pushy salesman who wouldn't leave until I committed to the new roof, even though I told him I wasn't ready to do the roof just yet. I should have stood my ground but he worked up a "deal" and ultimately, I gave him a check for $1000 to book the job and was told the work would be done in October and I would be receiving a call to set up the date. Now it's October 22nd and I can't get anyone to return my calls. I've left voicemails in the general mailbox and with the installation department. I've sent an email to the service department and I've called the salesman's cell number numerous times and gotten a recording saying that the person is unavailable. My patience has reached it's end. At this point, I'm wondering if they are still in business. Notice the cancellation period is 3 business days. Something that my salesman conveniently neglected to mention. I just want to void the contract and get my money back so I can go with another company when the timing is right.

RESOLVED

I eventually reached someone in the office on 10/27/2020 and the entire situation was discussed. They are attempting to contact the permit department in my city to get a timeline on when the permit will be issued. Then the installation department is going to contact me with a time frame for when they will be out to install my new roof. Fingers crossed that there are no hold ups with the city and the weather.

• Updated by Mike Mullikin · Oct 27, 2020

Update...as of October 27th, I have been in contact with the company and everything is being resolved. On a related note, after being in contact with the company and rectifying things, I received a phone call from a British man by the name of Richard, claiming he was from the corporate office, and insisted that now I need a new estimate because my home is infested with mold and my home needs to be bulldozed. When I told him he was full of crap, he became abrasive and began to verbally attack me. If this were true, my previous phone calls today would have revealed this information and I believe that this is beyond what Majic can do for me so I told him he was full of it and ended the phone call. Beware to those that post on this site. I think my mistake was uploading my personal info with this complaint and got a crackpot who called me up to try and rile me. I have since spoken to Majic again and verified that this man does not work for Majic or represent them in any way. Beware of posers.