Litton Loan ServicingHAMP Loan Modification Denial

M Review updated:

WE found out about HAMP through a non-profit housing counselor. Litton Loan Servicing has told us we have been denied HAMP loan modification, but we never filled out any paperwork. When we finally sent our documents to be considered for a modification, they have not sent us anything writing, refuse to fax us confirming they've received our personal financial documents and flat out said they would not provide a HAMP modification for us. They said they will only do a short sale.

My husband has a job now, and we were late on our mortgage because of this reason. Now he is working and we want to get our taxes, insurance included in the mortgage and our rate adjusted plus our principal adjusted.

• R
      Mar 18, 2010

You must consider a shortsale most people do not realise that the bank does not care about the homeowner and there are millions of boiler room scams offering loan mods popping up every day . Out of 4 million homeowners facing foreclosure only 135, 000 have been helped thru a modification, companies are no longer allowed to charge for modifications so anyone offering their services at a price is a scam . I suggest talking to a licensed real estate agent about your case.
    www.romanrealtors.com
    also many people do not qualify for the 5 requisites the bank requires .

we do not charge for modifications or shortsales the bank pays us. We wont ask u for a dime.

Joaquin Roman
    Owner
    Roman Realtors and Financial Services, Inc
    3005 S. Bristol
    Santa Ana, CA
    [protected]

• P
      Jun 19, 2010

Litton Loan Modification is the biggest joke...I have sent them numerous faxes, paperwork...calls for a year and now I get a statement saying that I am denied because I didn't send in all of my paperwork. Good luck to any of you trying to get your loan modified. If they give you a modified amount to pay, try and pay your regular payment, because when you are denied they wonder why you are behind in your mortgage...it is as if they are setting you up to become behind rather than help you.

• S
      Nov 18, 2010

Litton Loan Servicing worked on a modification request for me for 7 months, sent me an approval packet one day and a denial letter the next. The reason for denial stated that I had not made all my trial payments on time. I sent in a letter of Dispute with proof of my paying each trial payment on time and they still would not admit fault. They had me to submit for another modification. I again sent in all required paperwork and made all my trial payments on time, only to receive the SAME denial letter stating that my payments were not made on time. When I called them, their representative told me it was not her job to review my account history. And that everything that I was explaining to her about what happened the first and second times were a "matter of opinion." I advised that it was a "matter of fact" and if she'd take the time to review my account history, she'd see that. I'm just so tired of this company in general. I think I may HAVE to get a lawyer...