Life360.comSome how this site started to send me texts and there is no way to stop them

F

Some how this site started to send me texts and there is no way to stop them or tell them I am not interested in their serves. I have to pay for texts so getting messages i don't want is like stealing from me. I texts me about 5 times a day and has been doing so for several days.

How the heck do I opt out. I am not a child and not married who the heck wants to keep tabs on me?

• He
    Heather McKendrick Jul 28, 2016

My 12 year old son's mobile sent that message to all his friends about life360. We know nothing about the company and neither does my son. We are also in the UK, so why do we need this? They took money out my sons account to send everyone the text message. It seems to me to be a scam.

• Sp
    Spacegirl56 Oct 04, 2015

Today I received a text message from my sister with a link and the message said "Check this out". Since she and I often text each other with links to interesting articles and podcasts, I though nothing of it so I clicked the link. I found myself on the Life360 website. My sister knows that I am single and do not have any kids so I realized that this was a spoofed test message (first one I've ever received - I didn't know they were "a thing"). I don't even know how they got my sister's number off my phone to spoof it. Any organization that has to stoop this low to get people to their website is not to be trusted and is very likely a scam. Be careful.

• He
    Heather Taylor Sep 22, 2015

on 18 Sept 2015 I noticed a 50.00 charge on my checking account for life 360. I did purchase it the year before, and ensured I marked the section so I would not be on recurring payments. So imagine my surprise when I saw the charge on my account after being declined when buying groceries for my kids. I promptly went online to look for a customer service number..(which there isn't one) and was forced to send an e-mail which I have yet to receive an answer to. I called the number that was referenced on the charge and got a voice mail, I left my information and requested that they return my money to me.

• Jd
    JDKortrijk Dec 16, 2013

Got a similar situation. Somehow an account has been created with my email address, but not my phone number. If i go to unsubscribe, the only thing I can do is set message receiving settings. I am not interested in the service. I can't send a text, because my number is not linked to the account (and i don't intend to do that). Can I undo this through email?

• Li
    Life360 Customer Service May 07, 2012

Hello Fogel,

To prevent these text messages from continuing simply reply STOP to any of the messages or send a text message from your phone saying NO or STOP to this phone number: [protected]. This will add you to the unsubscribe list.

Life360 Customer Service

• Lo
    lordfirefox Aug 13, 2021

@Life360 Customer Service Maybe you shouldn't send out text spam to people who aren't your customers in the first place?