Complaints & Reviews

Customer service

I went into Lids in Oakwood Mall, Gretna Louisiana to purchase a kid baseball cap. I asked the employee who was kneeling next to me if that was all the kids hats. I asked the...

exchanges

I am very upset with Lids! I have ordered my son a cap almost every year for Christmas and this year I messed up. I ordered the wrong size! I called to exchange it and I was told I couldn't because I ordered it more than 90 days. I live on a monthly income and have to do my shopping each month thru out the year. I ask them if my son could exchange it as a gift and was told no again! This is awful to do business this way. I could understand if I was trying to get a refund but all I want to do is exchange the cap. I will pay for the shipping ! I'm very upset and dont understand why an exchange cant be made.

Emily Hall
[protected]@gmail.com

I am complaining on your employee tobias white

I am sorry to have to write this complaint. I have recently received from a co worker of your company sending me a very disrespectful message who represents your company that made me very uncomfortable yet he continue on with the comments and when I shared to my friends such rude comments. I have a few people saw he was a manager, as it says clearly on his profile. It's internet bullying and being disrespectful with sexual comments that shouldn't be said in the first place. I have no idea who he is but it doesn't look so well having someone like him to represent your company. I'm very upset, I have no idea who he is. I have family who saw this and lots of friends were not happy especially seeing he is a manger at Lids. That's all I have to say. Thank you.

customer service line

This complaint was based on the customer service over the phone. I was having an issue with an OLD giftcard from Fanzz. The info on the back of the giftcard kept redirecting me to Lids so I thought I could try asking them for assistance cause maybe Lids bought out Fanzz. The agent I spoke to, I forgot her name, went through all the steps to try to verify see what she can do on her end. So in the end, the agent was just going to put in a ticket to have someone get back to me to assist me further. The agent put me on hold and for some reason a supervisor was brought on the phone. The "supervisor" Janessa was on something and was straight demanding my name and giftcard number. I was taken back a little because first of all, no one asked for her. Secondly, I stated the agent who I was just speaking to before the transfer had all that info and if she was going to transfer me without my knowledge, she could've provided it to her beforehand. Janessa on her power trip was about to disconnect on me because I said that and I had to repeat the giftcard info again multiple times. When she asked what year it was last valid I stated I don't know, maybe 2013 or 2014 the latest. She had a condescending attitude and tried to be smart saying "and it's 2019". So I had enough with her attitude and requested an employee identifier or the first initial of her last name, told her I'm reporting her to corporate and requested to speak to a different supervisor or someone else. She kept trying to argue with me and saying she was going to report the call and kept asking me for my name. I told her "If this call is being recording as you said, then you guys should have all my information for the beginning of the call. Now transfers me, please, thanks!" All of that said, with no curssing or getting loud on my end. The saving grace for that whole experience was the last agent I spoke to who rectified the incompetence of the other two. I am posting this complaint anywhere and every where possible because they need to learn, one bad apple spoils the bunch! Teach your staff how to properly SPEAK and respect your customers!

lids

The new lids on the coffees don't work well it is hard to drink out of it without making a mess specially drinking, I dislike everything about them please bring the regular lids back I'm not impressed with being burnt when going to work . Everyone I know dislikes the new lids it's my first coffee and I don't think I will get another just because it's to hard to drink out off, I'm actually complaining about these lids with approximately 30 other people and they just came out .

Good afternoon,
My name is Joseph Deering, I am an active duty Navy Chief Petty stationed in Fort Belvoir, VA. I recently went to your Springfield Lids location to have my rank (a fouled anchor embossed with the letters USN) embroidered on a hat to support fundraising for the newly selected group of Chief Petty Officers. Also, I am a combat veteran and was hoping to proudly display my rank atop my ball cap. To my disappointment, the product I received was terrible and looks like something made at a second hand store. Not to fault the employee helping me, he was working alone and the store was very busy, but I am sure that Lids would not endorse such a product to leave their store. I paid over $40 for the abomination displayed in the attached photo. I am a huge fan of Lids and I have spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on hats, jerseys, and other Products. Please refund my order, or I would be just as happy if you could have my hat made correctly and expedited to my home. I will be happy to ship back the hat given to me. I can be contacted via email at [protected]@ymail.com.

I look forward to seeing how this incident is going to be resolved.

Thank you for your time.
Very respectfully,
HMC(FMF/SW) J. Deering

embroidered logo on hat

customer service line is pathetic please help

On June 30th I called Lids and spoke to a representative that told me she could cancel my entire order as it was delayed by an extra month. With Raptors recent win I wanted to get my order sooner as they had not been shipped by June 24th. One item needed an escalation request. On July 2nd I get an email saying the order has been shipped with the one item she had to escalate to cancel. My first call to customer service today the representative makes fun of me and my email and then hangs up the phone and tells me to "have a nice day" because I ask for his name and to speak to a manager. The second call with a representative she tells me that it's my fault that the order has already been shipped even though when I spoke to the representative on June 30th she said it could be cancelled. Now having being hung up on the first time and now having a representative antagonize me I ask yet again to speak to a manager. She claims I need to calm down. Keep in mind I am calm then she tells me to be quiet and cool down. I'm confused as to why the staff pretend to have fake conversations instead of actually helping customers. I am now left with an order being delivered which I have already purchased alone with additional shipping fees being charged. I am going to share this experience with everyone unless I am fully refunded and the staff I spoke with is reprimanded for such disgusting customer service.

buying the 2 for 1 deal???

3054 South Park Mall 78224, there's were I felt i did not was treated right there was a Dallas Cowboys hat on a rack we're the hats were $15 on the other side of the rack there wa...

Unprofessional

I bought a hat from Lids.com. Next day I got an email saying that it wasn't available and I can choose something else instead. I ordered 2 more hats, confirmed everything, got...

Lids — Bad experience

Ordered several hats from Lids website. The whole experience with this company was quite frustrating. It took a really long time to receive my order and when I finally received it...

They are making the same mistakes over and over again!

Worst company and service ever! I have ordered three hats from Lids, two were for my kids and one for me and received them in reasonable time. Two hats were ok, but mine was too...

Stole my money!

Ordered a hat for my brother on November 20, 2015. Was guaranteed to receive it before Christmas. Well, it is now December 29 and still nothing. I contacted customer support, but...

LIDS/LIDS.COM — TACKY & HORRIBLE ORDER PROCESS

I placed an order on Lids.com for 2 fitted caps for my husband on Dec 3, 2012. I did not create an account at the time so I was unable to track the status of my order. I waited a...

Their site is not secure!

Their site is not secure! Somehow they lost my personal info, and a stranger started using my credit card info! They lost my personal information!

• Valerie Jan 09, 2007

Was their browser ordering address https://www......?
    Or was it http://www......?

The "https" means a SECURE site. "http" is NOT a secure site.

In other words, did you use a non-secure site (no https) thereby making your information non-secure, or did they (apparently) loose/sell/whatever your info? And how did you determine that "Lids.com" is the source of your problem?

• Valerie Jan 09, 2007

DO NOT PUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET!

I have friends in the high tech industry. They have done IT work for corporations and military and government and other places I do not ask them the details. They ALL tell me that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SECURE INTERNET CONNECTION! GET IT? I HOPE SO!

These people are at the TOP of their game. They are paid big bucks also to see if they can hack various sites and point out these weaknesses to their IT people who maintain these sites.

So when they tell me these things, there is NO WAY IN HELL I AM PUTTING REAL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and FINANCIAL INFORMATION on ANY Internet site. That includes bank account numbers, credit car numbers, date of birth, social security number, driver's license number, student id number, etc.

You don't know WHO or WHERE is getting your information or can get it in the future! NOT FOR SURE!

Your letter just provided me with the reenforcement for my decision. I will also NOT be patronizing anyone who does not have a solid address to send them a US Postal Money Order for payment. That way, if there is a glitch, I can get the US Postal Police and maybe the FBI on the fraudsters.

I AM NOT SAYING THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS OR FRAUDS. Just that based on this report, they will NEVER get ANY of my business!

I am sorry this happened to you. Consider it a lesson in Internet Commerce and be more careful.

ana71 Oct 22, 2018

One of your Culver City Employees Lindsey A Harvey treated us very rude then turned around and posted this on her Instagram this should not be tolerated