Lia SophiaFraud and scam

M

I received a ring for my birthday. I of course did not have receive. I found out who sold it and tried for weeks to get her to confirm purchase. She never answered my requests and then told Lia Sophia she could not fine. I have a ring with coating coming off - look awful.

PLEASE - do not buy their product - they don't hold up! and they charge way too much from what I can tell for a terrible product. Their customer service [protected],

• Na
    NANLORI Aug 24, 2016

Paid cash 4 earrings at jewelry party was told the would be in my hands in ten days or less and I haven't heard nothing and nobody from the party that represented Lia Sophia will answer me please to find my delivery of paid in full earrings.

Charlotte C. Jul 22, 2016

I was charged for Jewlry that I sent back. called t he company 2 times & both times they assured me they would take it off my credit card & never did.
    Charlotte Cochran

• Co
    complaintgatherer Jul 22, 2016

You may also want to send the complaint to the FTC - they have a form that you can fill out at:

marylene gresko Jul 22, 2016

placed an order with this compay on 03/02/2009. Have not received any the items ordered. this my second complaint

• Ld
    ldec2010 Jul 22, 2016

Purchased earring on Nov, 2, 2010. Returned and received by company on N10, 2010, Spoke to Carol, customer service several times, would not let me speak to accounting who is suppose to return my money. They all cover for each other in their scam. Will send complaint to Attorney General.

• Pi
    Pissed Shopper Jul 22, 2016

My name is sydney brown and today is january 3rd, 2015. on december 21st, 2014 i ordered 4 items from lia sophia and they still havent even been fulfilled. i have now waited 13 days for christmas presents that should have at least been processed a week ago. lia sophia has the WORST service and i will never buy ANYTHING from them again and you shouldnt either.

• Oz
    Ozzette Apr 19, 2016

I am a former lia sophia representative (for about 4 years) and made several customer returns. They ALWAYS stood behind their guarantee. However, when I discovered they now have an "Outlet", I have placed about 5 orders with them - keeping in mind that THERE IS NOW NO GUARANTEE! With the Outlet's low, low prices, I am completely satisfied. In fact, almost all of my jewelry is lia sophia, and it has held up very well over the years, with the exception of a few pieces. Please don't hesitate to order from their Outlet, but remember: THE PIECES ARE NOT GUARANTEED!

• Bu
    Bud89esoR Feb 02, 2016

I have never received my order and the money was taken from my account. The Company are THIEVES! You can reach no one by phone and if you email you get an automated reply --- that says you will hear from someone.

• Ss
    sshea Aug 20, 2014

I sense many of the same feelings as Shawn above...the same story is told by these complainers, and some just complain but they do not describe their experience of their resolve, which I have heard nothing but great reviews on the few occasions a return was required. I for one, am a frequent LS purchaser, as are many of my friends. I have never had an issue with any of their jewellery, the jewellery as described and pictured in the catalogue has always been what I expected to receive. Most complaints mentioned, rings. I have never seen LS falsely advertise rings being with 10 or 14 caret gold, genuine saffires, diamonds etc...get my point. It clearly states that their products are nickel safe, electroplated, cut crystals, glass pearls, zirconia stones and when they are genuine, they mention that too.
    Were you mislead thinking otherwise? Sounds like, if the statements are even true, that in the common problem areas you mention, you perhaps you had a bad LS representative selling to you...this can happen at any department store or direct sales company. Been to many parties, and my experiences have been good...when a question is asked about the product quality, the rep has always been honest in stating it is in fact with many pieces "costume jewellery"...In my opinion, premium CJ with a guarantee that I am satisfied with, that's what keeps me to continue to purchase, not to mention quality and looks...can't get that at other department stores selling CJ, and may I add, at no cost to the consumer. I see that as a company that stands behind the credit and quality of their product. I don't believe that a company that can back their products with such an unmatched guarantee, would make junk jewellery...do you? Would'nt think it would be worth their while after being in business for 30 plus years!
    My advise for anyone looking for premium CJ, Lia Sophia is the place to shop...as a hostess of many parties, well worth the efforts of hosting. The company takes good care of their hostess and leaders so I've been told by many of them that come through my door. They would'nt be doing it if they worked for a %*^# company. Consumers...try it for yourself, I know and trust you won't be disappointed. A piece of advise for LS advisors/reps...be sure to honest with your customers of the LS line and perhaps provide them all with this recommendation...it is CJ so wear as such...i.e a ring will have potential to discolour over time if worn 24/7 and don't expose your jewellery to extreme heat conditions and/or chemicals, hot tubs, cleaning detergents etc. You will find you will gain more respect from your prior and future customers.

• St
    Stephanie Leigh Aug 06, 2014

I am reading these posts and amused at what woman are saying...
    Most of you write that lia sophia is a "scam" yet what you are describing is disappointment in your purchase which is far different than it being a scam. Lia sophia is in fact a member if the DSA. If you are unable to get ahold of your advisor that is also a different story than poor customer service. You simply haven't been able to receive your Lifetine Replacement.

jenn111 Nov 27, 2013

Pure Crap...should be called Lia Socrappy!
    Most of the guests at my party had something they purchased turn bronze.
    It is overpriced bubble gum machine quality crap.
    I would not recommend to anyone...

• De
    Deebee2 Dec 15, 2012

I pordered a bracelet, necklace and earrings and from Lia Sophia to help my sister get her goals. I spent $126 on these items. The only thing that has held up was the necklace cause it was all beads...The bracelet was so pretty in the catalog, and I fell in love with it. It alone was $69. It was gold and silver intertwined. This piece has been in its box since I bought it except for wearing it twice. When I took it out to wear again, I noticed that the silver on the interior of the bracelet was worn off, and the metal underneath was very ashy feeling and scratchy. The earrings I wore for a few weeks before the metal wore off on the posts and caused burning to my ears. I could no longer wear them either. As i said the only peice I have had success was the beaded necklace. SO I would never buy any of this crap again, I wouldnt waste my money. I did try calling to return as they say it has a lifetime warranty. I dont know where the receipt is, but was told I could return anyway. I would have to pay a replacement fee and postage both ways...its not even worth it to me to spend more money and maybe have the same problem again. So my recommendation is if you are going to buy wnything, dont buy the silver...its poorly plated and go for the beaded jewelry, besides the string breaking you wont go wrong with that. Sorry Lia Sophia rep...I have to agree with the rest of the crowd. And the more you say dont bash the company because you had a bad experience--How many bad experiences have to be posted before you consider the company is selling crappy jewelry??? Maybe we wouldnt mind if it werent so expensive...but when you pay money for supposedly quality jewelry, thats what you expect to get. I have some Claires pieces that have definitely exceeded my expectations, especially for the price.

• Le
    lesann66 Oct 18, 2012

Seems the complainers on this post with green fingers need a lesson in chemistry. Cheap rings dont cause green finger. Its the acid content of your skin that reacts with a metal, silver plated, gold plated over brass (a lot of lis sophia). Also your lotions, soaps and shampoos you might use while wearing your rings can cause chemical reactions with the metals and the acid in your skin creating a tarnish which would be the green you get on your finger. Your best bet is to wear non metal rings, or platinum (very expensive). You cannot help the acid content in your skin. You probably get green finger with many rings, cheap or not. I have never had a green finger...not with cheap stuff or expensive stuff. I just dont have high acid in my skin. Stop blaming lia sophia. You are just too acidic!

• Ju
    Just to help May 18, 2012

I am not an advisor of Lia Sophia or affiliated with them in any way. I know jewelry and the manufacturing of jewelry and very familiar with party plan companies. ALL metals can tarnish including 14kt gold, sterling and others. I have a lovely Tiffany's solid .925 sterling silver bracelet that tarnishes! Yes it was purchased directly from a Tiffany's dept store. It depends on me solely when it tarnishes or doesn't. Tarnishing will occur with the acidic levels in your skin, also lotions, perfumes, soaps etc. I have "solid" 14kt gold jewelry that tarnishes depending on my body chemistry and what I wash my hands with. Note that 14kt gold is not solid gold. It is made up of gold and other metals. 24kt gold is solid gold but is way too soft for jewelry. The majority of fashion jewelry in the US is made in China even those in the dept store. All products made in China are not bad. Too much media has overshadowed the great products coming out of China by legitimate companies. if these same pieces were manufactured in the US, you would be paying 4 time as much for the same product. China and the legitimate manufacturers are able to produce a much better quality product than the US using better stones etc for a much lower price. The prices of Lia Sophia jewelry may be higher than some dept stores, but you must consider the cost of doing business, the commissions paid to the advisors and also the experience of a party including the free and discounted jewelry of which you do not receive from a department store purchase. Also be aware when purchasing from dept stores and seemingly lower prices. Is it 14kt gold or 10kt gold, 18kt gold or gold tone which is often described as "gold". I am not by any means saying that ALL who complain have not a reason to do so but often times it is customer abuse that a product is damaged. Care must be taken for your investment. The abuse by return policies is out of hand in today's world for all retailers. The more abuse- the higher the costs. We all will pay for those who abuse return policies. Return and exchange policies are not law and are a privilege not a right. Before you complain, please be absolutely sure it is a legitimate complaint. lia Sophia has many happy customers and advisors. Please be sure that it is not an actual complaint against an advisor before blaming corporate. More often than not individual advisors do not take their business seriously and sometimes the customer and corporate office suffer. Broken chains don't just happen. Yes stone sometimes will fall out and most of these companies will handle that type of damage. Also lost pieces cant be returned. If you buy a pair of socks at a dept store and try to return one because you lost the other, you probably won't get far. Do not expect Lia Sophia to exchane or return something a dept store won't. Also how many purchases in dept stores do you get a Lifetime exchange policy? remember it is not your life time but the life time of the jewelry which can be 1 year. Life time of a product is never the length of your life time. Keep in mind most "manufacturer's defects" will show before you wear it not after. Be clear on the difference between a manufacturer's defect and customer misuse. It will save all of us money next time we visit the dept store. Don't think for a minute you aren't paying for that return some where! Businesses would go under if you didn't.

• Am
    AmandaJo Apr 08, 2012

I recently bought the amour ring and after wearing it for only 2-3 days my finger ha a horrible green ring. Curious to know if this has been an issue with any other customers. I really love the ring and was told it was stone not metal hemitite from the advisor I deal with and that rarely anyone has issues with t. Just curious to know if maybe it's a coating or if it's an issue with acid levels in my body If anyone knows how to get the hemitite not to react. My email is [email protected] Open to suggestions bc I really love my ring and can't wear it :(

• Mh
    MHelf Mar 24, 2012

Do you notice that most people defending the company and products are the advisors? The jewelry is over priced and not the quality is questionable! Understandably the have different manufacturers so the quality will differ. The first day I received my items a chain broke on a necklace, two stones fell out of one ring and it has been a few months and I am still trying to get my items replaced. I've purchased items from department stores and the quality was about the same. The only difference is most department stores can see its their merchandise and will resolve it much quicker. I'm not saying its horrible, but its really not worth the hassle or the price!

• Vi
    virtuous22 Jan 27, 2012

I have to agree I don't care and never did for Lia Sophia. I had a pair of earnings that broke and I asked another consultant from a party I attended if she could help me to exchange she basically said just call the company and ask them what you can do. I also bought 2 rings and they both turned my fingers black week after having them. I gave them both away. I am not a consultant for jewelry I am just speaking the truth and now seeing all these complaints just give me confirmation. I have also heard from just random conversations complaints on the customer service. It is not good for a company to have so many complaints like this.

ddizz66 Nov 07, 2011

Technical issue with my last post...I actually didn't write quote quote instead of quotation marks.~ LOL

ddizz66 Nov 07, 2011

This is the most honest feedback on Lia Sophia you are going to get.First off~ I hate when it is referred to as a "PYRAMID SCAM". Its not a scam, the compensation plan is pyramid like in structure. I have always just sold the jewelry and make anywhere from $ 100 dollars to 500~a week~ depending on how many parties I book. You will have weeks with no bookings. The bottom line is it depends on how much you want to work. If you are lucky enough to have friends who will have parties, that's a great base to start your business. That can dry up. You can make decent "extra money" with little effort. However to make the real money, well I believe you have to be partially insane...LOL Meaning, Lia Sophia has to be your life. Its hard and not for everyone. I couldn't do it~nor would I want to. I still believe its a fun and honest living, No one is scammed or forced to buy or sell jewelry. Direct Sales is not for everyone. There are some cases where an advisor can be lax, and not care, and just like in society you cant determine that all people are that way~just like advisors. I have only had good experiences with advisors and parties. No one twisted my arm or pressured me to sell Lia Sophia. As far as the jewelry goes~ I like most of it. It is over priced, some products more than others. The~ buy more save more~ actually makes it more affordable, and more realistically priced, I still have pieces from over 5 years ago that look brand new. They were the more expensive pieces in the book, that I got with my 70% discount. Yes, 70% discount for active advisors. I do also think the new catalog is pricey. I was a little disappointed this year. Also, I am very bothered that the product is made in china. When your looking at a beautiful piece of jewelry, and its $150~ you turn it over and see that Made in China stamp...disappointing. I still like the jewelry, the Company is decent. Compensation is good. Its just not for everyone. Also, to all the people that had an issue with broken pieces~pieces that turned~or anything you needed to return and had a problem, thats the individual adisor that you should blame. I also think the Lifetime guarantee is a bit overstated, they should say...follow this list of things, be prepared to pay a 5 dollar charge and if we still have your piece we will replace it... If not ~your out of luck. Can be frustrating. I would pray there would never be an issue or a return. Its not for everyone.

• Tw
    twinkley Nov 07, 2011

Thank you, everyone for your thorough feedback. My step-daughter just proposed Lia Sophia to us and I wanted to check out the company before I endorsed her involvement/our investment and I'm so glad I did..I hope she will dodge this bullet! Your posts are very enlightending and I will forward to her immediately - thank you for your input!

• Bo
    Bon732 Oct 29, 2011

I've been to many lia sophia parties and agree with the posts who says the products are way overpriced for what you get. Lia Sophia representatives speak so highly of the lifetime guarantee policy. I bought a gold stretch bracelet for $48. It was very pretty (not worth $48) but inside the bracelet it was held together with white elastic. Eventually it broke, maybe 12 months after I purchased it and I did save my receipt. I had to send the item back to Lia Sophia with an additional $5 check to return the item on top of the cost to mail it back to them. I was told that the item was discontinued and they could not repair it. They sent me back a credit for $48 along with another credit for $5 (the second check i had to send to return the bracelet). The credit had an expiration in 6 months. Why should there be any expiration date on it? The guarantee is not worth the hassle.

ddizz66 Sep 25, 2011

Why proof read Meredith? We have you, who hasnt anything better to do than correct the grammar on a complaints board that you dont even complain about. Wait was that your complaint.? Please spell check this for me, im too busy having a lucrative career making 30 percent selling beautiful jewelry!!! Thanks Mordith, I relly appreceeate you help. ; }

• Me
    Meredith English Sep 25, 2011

It would really be awesome if some of you people would proof-read your reviews prior to submitting them. It is really upsetting to see that some of you can't even spell simple words. Maybe you get caught up in the emotion, but really you look ignorant. Take a few moments and use spell check. Your message will be so much more effective.

ddizz66 Sep 19, 2011

Dear Disgusting old employee...
    Nothing in your post rings true. If you quit after a few weeks, how did you even have time to have a party and receive your commission. As a rep you submit your own parties and are self employed, so if there were any mistakes it was on your part. You didn't do something correctly. If you only received 15 percent commission you really did something wrong. like your actual net sales amount. that's what your commission would be based off of.
    Running a fun and lucrative, successful business isn't for everyone. You sound like you needed more one on one attention from your manager. You need t be more independent, and be able to read and add correctly. There really isnt any hand holding and you really need to be able to work independently.

• Di
    disgusted old employee Sep 18, 2011

I worked for Lia Sophia, and I have to say after just a few weeks "I quit". For every party you are supposed to receive 30% commission and I got about half of that for my parties. Also my manager was completely incompetent and everything was an issue from submitting a party to getting paid for it. After my party I not only did I receive improper commission compensation but i didn't get paid for almost a month and a half. Totally Ridiculous! Also, a couple of my customers were very dissatisfied with their jewelry and the quality. After 2 weeks some of the jewelry started turning. I had already resigned from Lia Sophia so they went through customer service and my old manager and received inadequate customer service and no resolution...AND YES THEY HAD THEIR RECEIPT!

• VetoForBRs Aug 04, 2011

"but I just purchased here and there because of friends who threw the parties."

Same, everything I've ever purchased has been cheap garbage.

• Ha
    Hanson Aug 04, 2011

I attended a Lia Sophia party a month ago and charged my purchase with my credit card. When I received my order, not only was the necklace I ordered wrong, it was replaced with a different more expensive necklace, and my credit card was charged more than what I had on our signed agreement.
    I think it is illegal for someone to change an amount you signed for a credit card. Anyway, I am still waiting for Lia Sophia to credit my Visa. I am so angry. I will never purchase their products again. I never cared for their low quality and high prices but I just purchased here and there because of friends who threw the parties. NEVER AGAIN. I want my money back.

• Di
    DixieFox Jul 29, 2011

I cannot believe how many of these posters are saying they bought a bracelet/necklace/ring and "assumed" it was silver (or what-have-you) because of the price. Never assume! It makes an A$$ out of U & ME! Unless it says "sterling silver" it is not silver! Buyer beware!

• Le
    legalbeagleOSU Jul 26, 2011

This is ridiculous. My friend had a party and got such great jewelry deals that I decided to host one, too. I had mine two weeks after hers, yet I had the jewelry I ordered during hers before my party began. I had a blast at my party--where, by the way, the advisor told everyone to keep their receipts in order to make an exchange--and earned a ton of free and discounted jewelry. My advisor sent me tracking information for my party's entire order, and it will be here before two weeks have gone by from the date of my party. My advisor has been very helpful and communicative. Also, I'm allergic to many substances, and I've had trouble with fashion jewelry in the past. But I've worn the same Lia Sophia mixed metals necklace many times and never had a problem with the color changing or with my skin reacting. I have some rings I've worn frequently with similar good experience.

Bottom line: I'll be a repeat customer with Lia Sophia.

• Ro
    Robinann Jul 12, 2011

I used to sell for Lady Remington, which later became Lia Sophia. My late husband and I, years before, had a flea market booth where we sold gold and silver overlay jewelry - which most of Lia Sophia is. Anyone has the ability to turn green while wearing certain items - some people have more acid-y stuff in their body and will turn with ANY metal - even real gold or sterling silver. It just happens. After looking at the new catalog - fall/winter 2011 - I have to admit, I am disturbed by the seemingly lower level of jewelry they are now selling. The prices have not gone down to reflect this trend. When you can buy a piece or two, then have the next item be half price...well - do the math. Why would you sell a piece of jewelry at $54 when the real price is $108? It is a marketing/advertising tactic to make people think they are getting a real value. Yes, you can definitely purchase the same quality jewelry at department stores for less than half of the price. ANY jewelry company has to cover the salespersons commission and still make a profit. In fact - EVERY home party company has to do that. Why do you think the prices are so high...the company is not really "paying" the demonstrator - the customer is. Yes, some people really do make a good living at selling products in a home party atmosphere, but many don't. Please don't get mad at any company due to their way of doing business. Do the math and some reasoning before having a party and/or selling a product.

• Il
    iloveliasophia May 07, 2011

This has been taken care of. A new advisor was taking care of this order and it was accidentally overlooked by her. Please forgive her as she was brand new and has been addressed appropriately. Thank you.

• Mo
    momwithapurpose Apr 28, 2011

Ive been a lia sohia advisor for about 7 months. I don't have a group of ladies under me in the " pyramid" but I am able to earn an extra weeks pay for our family by hosting about 6 shows a month. I am not a pushy salesperson and what I have found is that I get to spend some "adult" time away from my kids and meet a lot of great women (while I'm gone my husband gets to share some special one-on-one daddy time with our kids). Everyone can talk highly or lowly about retail situations but the bottom line is this...LIFE IS SHORT, hang out with your friends, eat some great appetizers, have a few drinks, wear some pretty jewelry, and if it doesn't work out, return it or exchange it, and then go hug your husband, and kiss your kids, and remember there are no real guarentees in this lifetime.

FYI - I have had NO COMPLAINTS about our customer service, but there is an occasional advisor that rubs people wrong, so my advice is if you don't feel comfortable with an advisor you meet at a party, you can always track down someone else in your area. And everyone does have the remarkable ability to just say "NO"! - Kim

• Ba
    BagsNJewelry Apr 20, 2011

I won't say anything disrespectful about another company, however I am aware that most companies of this nature request reciept for purchase when exchanging or returning product. I'm sorry you're having issues, however I think the problem lies with the breakdown of communication - the advisor should have told the hostess that you should get the copy of the reciept. That said, the ability to reproduce this information lies with the advisor that sold the item, and getting her cooperation would be most helpful. In the future, if you have a problem with an advisor I suggest you write your report with their name included (as many times, it's not the fault of the company when an advisor doesn't deliver-the responsibility lies with that advisor).
    I'm an advisor for Guy and Eva jewelry, and we have a similar policy in place. Our jewelry offers a 30 day money-back guarantee and lifetime exchange. Hopefully this experience has not discouraged you from trying other options and enjoying high fashion jewelry. You can view Guy and Eva jewelry at www.guyandeva.com/polly . I wish you luck in locating the Lia Sophia advisor and getting your problem resolved, as I know they honor their guarantee if reciepts are submitted with jewelry.

• Am
    Amenchicky Apr 03, 2011

I attended a Lia Sophia Party a few months ago and loved the jewellery so much I eventually signed up as an advisor. The product is some of the best on the market; compairable to other direct sales companies such as Fifth Avenue, and Silpada. The cost of the kit and the discount for an advisor is superior to all, and the commisions are on par with other direct sales companies. The shipping is quick and accurate and I have yet to have any troubles with this or returns. They live up to their replacement guarantee. Yes this is fashion jewellery, and I agree the real stuff is by far superior in price and value, but when was the last time you lost a diamond out of your jewellery and the store gave you a replacement?! The fact that is not "real" (I use the term loosely as there are many items with genuine stones), doesn't bother me one bit, in fact, I think that it's better because I can have 4 times as much in my collection!

Jean Malizia Apr 01, 2011

I care because my sweetheart bought me one of your necklaces. It cost him close to $100. He asked if it was silver and was told it was. Of course it wasn't. The very same item was on a rack in Chinatown for $10. I checked out the Lia Sophia online catalog and saw your illegal practices. You cannot label something gold or silver without saying it's only layered or plated with these metals. You are ripping people off. Every day. I would never do this and if that makes me a carnation I will wear that label proudly.
    Incidentally, I bought him a set of Bose earphones for his birthday. Full money back if returned within 3o days. Store credit for 90 days. It's right there on the receipt, and the Bose clerk pointed it out to me at point of purchase. This is what companies do when they sell a quality product, honestly marketed.

ddizz66 Apr 01, 2011

tHEIR ARE rOSES, AND THEN THEIR ARE CARNATIONS. jEAN IS A CARNATION MOST LIKELY WHITE. gET A CLUE? hONEST LIVING? wE ARE MAKING A very good HONEST LIVING. WHY..WHY DO YOU CARE?

Comments

Jean Malizia Apr 01, 2011

We do not work for other companies. We know jewelry and you sell trash. Vastly overpriced, mislabeled, dishonestly marketed trash. Who cares if you can get another piece of garbage for five dollars, even if you replaced it ten times the company would still make money. Get a clue and try to make an honest living, will you?

• Dh
    DHenneman Apr 01, 2011

I had a Lia Sophia party a few months ago and earned several hundred dollars in free jewelry. I wear it everyday and love it. I got 2 outside orders going into the party that totaled 270 dollars. It was really easy. The adviser came 30 minutes prior, brought a bottle of wine and set up her display. We played a few games, she gave a little spiel about the company and why she joined and then we looked at the catalog and ordered. She even took the time to figure out the best way to save money, which in every case decreased her sales a few dollars and gave us at least an extra piece of jewelry if not more. I guess with every company there are people that are bad business people, but I can hardly say they represent the masses. I have had bad experiences at just about every store and restaurant, but because I'm not a straight up you know what, I go back more than once and have had plenty of good experiences that have redeemed.

I had a necklace break on me after I wore it a couple times. I sent it back and they sent me a 5 dollar shipping certificate and a new piece of Jewelry. It was simple. Not sure why any of these people are having issues. I would guess it's competition from other Jewelry companies. I would definitely do this again. I would definitely not believe these posts written as poor as they are -------> Most of the comments above seem as if they are written by a 2nd grader. They are full of bad grammar, absolutely horrible sentence structure and are hard to believe.

• Dh
    DHenneman Apr 01, 2011

I can't believe these comments are on here. It is totally unprofessional to work for another jewelry company and downgrade lia sophia or any other company. These statements are to defame a company and are not factual.

chichibean Mar 26, 2011

I love how people keep using the "if you but it at Target you don't get a lifetime warranty" line. I personally can not justify spending $30 on a pair of earrings that aren't even sterling silver. Especially when I can (and have) found the exact same style at Icing for $7. For that price I'm not as sick to my stomach if something should happen to one. I recently attending a party where the consultant was asked in front of the whole party where the jewelery was made. Without hesitation she tells everyone Indiana. After the presentation part of the party the woman that asked the question quietly approached the consultant and told her that all her tags said the products were made in China. The consultant looked her in the face and said "Yeah, I know". This consultant in our eyes is the face of Lia Sophia, so yes I have a negative view of this company because I don't believe in blatantly lying to ppl to get them to but ridiculously overpriced jewelery.