Lexus ES350exaggerated charges for &wear and tear& on end of lease vehicles

A

Returned vehicle at end of lease. Had it inspected two weeks earlier at local lexus dealership and was told it was worth at least $5000 more than what it was offered to buy off. Since I wanted to reduce my debts (permanently disabled last year) I paid lease off early - nearly a year early, returned car with nearly 10, 000 less than agreed. When I turned in vehicle, I was told I would receive a notice if anything was owed for wear and tear. Except for a couple of tiny scratches (less than 1 inch), car was perfect. Well, a few weeks later, I received a letter stating I owed over $2, 500 in "excess" damages and wear and tear. I have not paid, can't afford to. What do I do? Lease was not supposed to end until may next year.