Lending ClubThey took money

E

I tried to open a loan with these people they said they needed your bank account information to verify that it was you. Against my better judgement I gave that information and they proceeded to debit my account of a transaction under a dollar. They say they won't take the money it will just be pending. Instead it's been long gone from my account for two weeks now and they still haven't returned my money. I sent them an email and they never answered my question of when they would return my money instead they just said they turned me down due to lack of credit which is a lie I own my home. Then I told them I was going to report them and that's when they said to call them just to give me the run around telling me they would refund it in two business days which never happened and even though I told them by then it had already been a week.

• Td
    TDMc Apr 12, 2019

I was approved for a $10, 000 Loan, but I needed to be a returning customer. They deposited a check in my account for $998.00 and asked me to return it via Western Union. I did and guess what ? That's right. They flat out stole my $998.00 and now I am about to lose it all. I am retired and on a limited monthly allowance. Not sure what to do now. No food, no rent for April. Thank You Lending Club. I hope you and your investors can but your head on the pillow at night.

Terry Mc

###-333-7989

• De
    DeeJee Dec 05, 2018

I just received an pre approval letter this morning. From what I am reading here it is just a ploy to lull you in and then get a big piece of change out of you and still require more information for the application . Sounds like one big runaround and not returning someone's money even a dollar is theft! Do that to a million people that's a $1milllion dollars!

• Bi
    Bill Mutschler Sep 10, 2018

Thank you for the reviews. In the trash it went.

• Al
    Alizabuzz Jun 15, 2018

I to keep getting letters from Lending Club and they say they will give me fiv 5, 000 10, 000 20, 000 for a fixed rate of about 6% for 36 months about 10% for 60 months and then you apply and it turns out to be 24% -26% not 6% so I too am NOT getting a loan from Lending Club

• Gl
    gloria222 Mar 03, 2018

I too continue accepting the pre-appoved letters however they never help me!!! All I need to do is result my obligation and join into 1 installment. I don't have the best FICO assessment on account of my obligation however isn't that what obligation combination is? I will continue hunting down help and avoid the Lending Club.. www.techriation.com

• Je
    Jessebflo Nov 06, 2017

I was googling LendingClub because I got pre-approved for 20 grand. Glad I came across this page. I understand these companies need to make money, but I will just skip the head ache of turning this and turning that when I can just go to my own personal bank and take out a loan.

• Da
    David Bernhardt Jul 03, 2017

Thanks for your reviews. I just filed their pre-approval in the circular file.

• Rt
    rtk1978 Jun 22, 2017

Lending club is a total scam. I am beginning to think this is one huge ponzi scheme. I have invested in more than 80 loan with lending club. My criteria was credit scores over 700, job history of at least two years, minimal derogatory marks on their credit report, income levels over $4, 000 a month, and strictly debt consolidation. For each positive loan that was fully paid, another one was charged off, creating more losses

As of right now, I have more loans that are in default and charged off than I have in a paid position. There is no reason that 13 out of 80 loans should be charged off

• Cl
    Claire Duke Mar 10, 2017

I just received the pre-approval letter in the mail and I was going to apply. I am happy I clicked on your link.
    My application is going in the trash!!!

• Me
    Melissa Finch Dec 20, 2016

My husband received a letter from LendingClub and after doing all the paperwork was denied. Then other lending companies started calling which of course in the the term of the contract. But if a Lending Company is going to deal with other companies then they should investigate the other companies that they are giving information to. Another company who said they gt their info from Lending Company tried to scam my husband. Told him he was approved for $10, 000 but he had to go buy an itunes card to prove it was a real account and wanted us to send them funds from our account so that they could send us funds back, which would basically give them a running jump into our account to withdraw cash. If you need a loan I suggest a bank, interest rate may be higher but at least you know they aren't going to scam you out of your hard earned cash.

Shirley Strickland Dec 02, 2016

seem as though Lending Club is just another scam preying on people who need help. Glad these complaint are on here to warn poor people from such scam. received a preapproved letter and it will now go in the trash

• To
    Toya Brown Nov 17, 2016

I just received the pre-approval letter in the mail and I was going to apply. In the mist of doing so, I clicked on the review link. I am happy I did so.

My application is going in the trash!!!

• Sc
    Scam, scam, scam Oct 13, 2016

Glad I found this website regarding Lenders Club. I've received probably 12 campaign letters from them. Any good company I want to deal with, I always check to see if it's a scam. Notice I said GOOD COMPANY. Didn't have to
    waste my valuable time with them. Will find another avenue besides them. Thank you for all the individuals who did
    post here.

• Da
    Dan Rosania Sep 23, 2016

Got letter of approval/offer today. thanks to all of you, it went straight into my file 13 (trash)

• Ri
    rik102 Aug 30, 2016

Thank you, Thank you, for your reviews, I received a few days ado for the second time the first I tossed, this time I started to logon two or three times but kept getting interrupted and had to stop and do it later. Today I am hanging out after work so I could fill out the application but something in my gut or maybe that voice of reason said google it first and I am glad I did. I always heard if its too good to be true it is probably a scam, I like what one reviewer posted, "Go to the Bank" I don't need the loan right now but the thought of paying credit cards off sounded good. guess Ill just keep making my regular payments and stay away from scams.

• Mi
    Milt1111 Aug 02, 2016

Saved me $20, 000.00
    I'm glad I took the time out to check these post out. The people who are in favor sound like employs or investors. You guy make it so obvious that your scammers after reading the posts. The ones in support usually talk them up to a unrealistic level. I am sad but grateful for all of you who were brave enough to post your situation and save others from the same catastrophe.

• Gm
    gmail user Jul 03, 2016

I am glad i checked this out! i was gonna give them a try. Thank you everyone for posting.

• Ri
    Rich Harp Jun 29, 2016

I received a letter from the Lending Club, after reading all the complaint's I read, I will not even go their web site for even asking for any loan of any kind. Thanks to all the complaints and to all Have a Great Day. Rich

ShinyLiz Jun 22, 2016

Yep. Got my 3rd or 4th letter in the mail and thought: Hmmmm... maybe. I'll just pay off my credit cars and start to pay down this loan with whatever is left. I learned to hard way to check consumer reports whenever doing ANYTHING online. So glad I checked here. Shredding anything with their name on it!

AngeloviaItaly May 19, 2016

LendingClub is not a bank, but they are predatory lenders.

They are not clear about their rates, the ORIGINATION FEE (They definitely aren't a mortgage company)...and a little "bait and Switch or the interest and APR
    5%-%15 then get a 24% APR (My credit scores run between 798-805 WTF
    Not that fast...
    I applied January 19 got funded February 2
    Make you jump through hoops
    Borrow $16, 000-$800 Origination FEE?!=$15, 200

Then in May (3 1/2 months later) it dawns on me that I could've just gone to my credit union and get a loan for this amount for only 9.9% so I apply and get approved that day, funds are transferred into my account overnight! NO $&%&# $800 ORIGINATION FEE!!!
    Monthly payment $489.00 mo!!! $101.00 a month cheaper for a total savings of $1, 212.00 a year or $3, 636.00 over the 36 months...thats a car down payment, cruise, vacation, etc!

After making 3x payments of $590.39 ($1771.17 for three months) the payoff amount is $15, 207.00 ($7.00 more than they gave me!)

So to take possession of the original $15, 200.00 for 3 1/2 months is cost me ($1771.17 + $800.00=$2571.17 or $857.06 month)

Then when I schedule the payoff, I tell the girl to schedule the payoff payment for May 21st since my bank won't clear an amount that large overnight and to do it before would cause the transaction to bounce...she says since it is Saturday there is no clearing so it would have to be either Friday May 20th or Monday May 23rd... common sense would say lets go with the Monday May 23rd...which is what I instruct her to do.

What day does she schedule?...YEP! May 20th!!!

I only caught it by going out on the website to check it the same evening as my scheduling the 23rd.

If I didn't catch it...I would have been dinged by my bank for a $15, 207.00 NSF, my first NSF in over 25 years!

LendingClub is definitely "Caveat Emptor", expensive

Crowd Funding is a great concept, but it is supposed to be a better, less expensive, easier access way to fund.
    Not a more expensive, jump through getting a mortgage type hoop loan.
    I have heard even complain they get turned down by LendingClub then approved by their own cheaper bank or credit union for lower rates, no ORIGINATION FEES or prepayment penalties.

From an investor's position, I wonder if they see any part of that $800.00 origination fee?
    You know they are only seeing a portion of the interest even though it is their money at risk.

Well, I'm not surprised the CEO has just resigned this week for "irregularities"

Comments

• Jl
    jliva Apr 24, 2016

I was looking to consolidate my high interest credit cards and thought that a pre-approved loan at 4.99% was much better than the 29% I'm paying the credit card companies and not seeing the balance barely move. So a low interest loan sounded ideal...too good to be true...and of course it turned out to be that way. Over $1000 for a loan and other associated fees?? If I had $1000, I would put it towards my credit card debt. Also, they want WAY TOO MUCH personal information. Not going to happen. If this company worked out good for you, that's just great! In my opinion, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. I'll just keep chipping away at the balance and someday it will be paid off. Have an awesome day!

• Ta
    Tammi Terzopoulos Apr 14, 2016

I kept receiving the offers so I thought I would see what Lending Club was all about. What a joke. Low interest rates...NOT! I was approved for $3, 500 at 30.00% INTEREST. I am grateful I don't need their money or their business as I can get a loan for 2.99% interest. Just Lending Club kept coming. Please if you can get a loan elsewhere to save you money.

• We
    Wendy Garcia Apr 02, 2016

I was about to complete an online application but I'm so glad I stumbled unto this website and began reading all your posts. Thank you, thank you very much to all of you that took the time to post information about this company. Based on what I have read so far..., I will throw that Pre-approved letter in garbage right now. Thank you

• Be
    Ben Stolin Mar 29, 2016

I too get the pre approved offers every single week! The great part? Im never approved when I type the code in. They say its because something has changed in my credit or financial standing. Total nonsense since my credit has remained virtually identical account and score wise, same with financial status, employment and housing. Interesting that Ive been getting these pre approved letters for well over a year but suddenly when I go to use any of them, my information has somehow "changed" . Riiiiiight guys. Stay away from these A-holes. At this point I don't want a loan from them, I just want them to stop sending letters that are based on a lie !

Chaunce Allen Mar 27, 2016

Just want to say thank you to all the common citizens that wrote these excellent evaluations after going through the "pre-approved" application process for the Lending Club. Lending Club is actually the ignorant ones for actually quoting their email web address because as soon a a common citizen would log on, they just have to look about four results down and be able to get education from all of the "almost duped" citizens. I've gotten about 10 "pre-approved" letters from Lending Club" per year over the past three years and always threw them in the trash. Lending Club almost wore me down today after I retrieved yet another from my mailbox. Today I finally opened up their website to move forward on applying for the pre approved 20.000 loan, guess what!!! Common citizens hundreds of complaints were only four sites down the page. I went south and read them and I just want to say thank you common folk just like me :O) Please tell all of your friends that don't have internet access to beware. There is no instant healing from the Lending Club, or probably any other "club"...

• Db
    Dbrnsug Mar 23, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing this information. You saved me from having to go through extra problems, that I do not need. I am very Sorry that all of you had to experience these horrible situations. Karma is a B word, rather you believe in it or not. I exactly went as far as to call them from their website, but apparently it was more important for me to sign up online, then over the phone, (I found that to be very suspicious). They redirected me to a different website. I am so Thankful that they did, because that is how I found this website. So Thank you again. May only Great things come your way in life.

• Ro
    RobotMan Feb 22, 2016

Thank you all for taking time to post... I too have a bombarded mailbox full of $35000 dollar offers. What a bunch of crooks. Thank you for your honesty and time.

• St
    Steve Fields Feb 21, 2016

they better remove me...thank you everyone to let me know...which i already thought this was a false offer...NNNNNOOOOOO WWWWWAAAYYY!!!

• Sc
    scoobie1961 Jan 13, 2016

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WONDER RESPONSES. I too just received a pre approved up to 35k and was going to take advantage of it for some home repairs need. MUCH appreciated. STAY AWAY folks.

AnaDelon Jan 12, 2016

I reiterate all of the above gratitude statements. I am thankful that those who were a taken advantage of spoke out and saved the others a fate of financial hardship or worse. I commend you for taking the blow for all of us and then speaking out. You are good people, and I am sorry to those who got involved with this crooked company. Nevertheless, I am grateful that you have now prevented further damage. I thank you very much, and rest assured, they will never get my business. If anything, they have wasted money on mailing me this rubbish.

• Ba
    barbara trigsted Jan 18, 2017

@AnaDelon Hear here !! My thoughts exactly. I came on here to get a loan ... I was "pre-approved" right? I'm so glad I clicked on this instead. There should be something illegal about this fraudulent company. WHY are they allowed to be in business?

• Ms
    ms sweetness Jan 11, 2016

Ive applied and was turned down, then a few days later got a pre approved letter, ha...shoulda accepted me the first time...after reading all these reviews theres no way i want to do business with these bozos

• Gr
    Gregg Dalton Dec 30, 2015

I am in the middle of "approval" after simply applying for 1500.00, you would think I was asking for 50, 000 I went thru a phone interview, went thru work email verification and given them all that they needed only to find out that now they need me to "call them" from my work number, what the heck is that all about, Why can't they simply call to verify my employment like anyone else? It's all too complicated and too nosey, AVOID at all cost, You would think I was asking for the Keys to FORT KNOX instead of 1500, These people prey on people that are trying to better themselves! Do yourself a favor and throw away any letters you get from them.

• Ai
    Aivar Viira Dec 01, 2015

Wow. How come these guys are still in business? Preying on people without Internet access?

Chadman Nov 21, 2015

My letter is also heading straight to the trash. It looked like it was a bad sales tactic and thankful for these posts I won't even get involved. Go F yourself Lending club. Take me off your mailing list. BOOM!

• Sl
    Slyndell Nov 21, 2015

I was just about to complete my app from lending club but I am glad I stumbled onto this site to read all these negative reveiws. This seems like more trouble then its worth. There is a saying out of two or three witness everything is established. Beware...
    Thank you!

shrnwalker7 Nov 21, 2015

Thank you, Thank you and a again Thank you. If I had a thousand tongues I could not say it enough. I received the Lending club letter in the mail a few days ago. I tossed the very thought around until I stumble across these insightful and helpful reviews. I immediately, tore up my paper and wiped my forehead. Now I my credit has gone to pot due to me having to close my business due to my financial challenges. Thanks to all you people that was honest. I will not be using this place.

• Ro
    ronnie043 Nov 19, 2015

Thanks for the insight, my letter is going in the trash now too!!!

Jones Sub Nov 18, 2015

Thanks to the many persons who took the time to submit information about this company. I, too, was JUST about to submit my application when I decided to read the reviews...Reading is fundamental!!!

• Li
    LindaEarlene Nov 17, 2015

I too keep receiving the pre-appoved letters but they never help me!!! All I want to do is payoff my debt and combine into 1 payment. I don't have the best credit score because of my debt but isn't that what debt consolidation is? I will keep searching for help and stay away from the Lending Club..

• Ba
    barbara trigsted Jan 18, 2017

@LindaEarlene Pleas do as I'm about to do now ! At the bottom of this trash they keep sending me, there is an "opt out" phone #. I'm SO glad I came to this page !

• Be
    Becky O'Neal Oct 14, 2015

Thank you all for the information! I got a preapproved letter from them today and I am so glad that this information was out there!