klaus' towing inc.they are fraudulent

this aprtment complex works very closely with Klaus' towing inc. They will leave a notice on your vehicle and have your vehicle towed at the tenants expense. if you chose to inform the Forest hills apartments management in regards to this matter he will simply look at you with a blank stare and say " O.K." . What they fail to provide to you is a name of whom you are speaking to when calling Klaus' Towing they simply tell you they dont have one ( as if they were born with no name ) . They also fail to inform you that Forest hills apartments Managemtn team gets a cut of The towing fee while having your vehicle towed for any reason whatsoever. If you are planning on moving into the complex be warned and also be prepared to be towed at your exspense and not to get any sort of adress to your vehicle's location until a 3, 500 dollar bill is wracked up.

Chad Jergins Feb 27, 2018

Klaus towed my car from my complex with no warning or explanation. I got home from work at 9pm and they towed at 5am. No sticker on my window, my plates are valid and parking permit is on the windshield which i backed into the space so they could see. I go to get in my car to go to work and it's missing. After calling the thieves and finding how much the ransom is I took a cab and paid it. I go to get my car from the yard to find a bright orange sticker on my drivers side window dated the day before. I now take pictures of my windows when I park and have filed a complaint with the BBB which is pretty much useless as they have an F rating already. If I was in the wrong I wouldn't have a problem, but all I did was park where I live. Oh the sticker and receipt I got said vehicle was towed because it was inoperatable and hadn't moved. I drove my "inoperatable vehicle" out the gate. These guys are nothing but car thieves as they sell what they steal at auction.

• He
    Hen_chet Mar 23, 2017

I will randomly ind Klaus towing signs up when I park. When I was late on my car payment, (which after ift went to a bill collector it was public information and I apologize I was not trying to get out of payment I just lost my job) I would see signs put up randomly in private parking where I was at. Until eventually they took they repossessed the vehicle, which isn't a problem but unfortunately they bank had no record of this happening. So... where is my car?

matt53800` Sep 25, 2012

I can't say anything as to peaking with these guys (because I haven't spoken to anyone). I can say that my friend was watching my car and when he found out "it was missing" It took me a total of 3 hours to track it down completely via email and I am currently in Afghanistan. Also since this forum is obviously monitored by a Klaus employee I would like to ask if you could contact me with more specific info involving a towed car (My Car) a 1998 Eagle Talon PLATE# 583XRB via email at [email protected] I can also provide my full name and Vehicle Information Number to prove ownership as well. I am specifically looking for date it was towed and current bill information. Thank you for your time and I apologize for the placement of my post. Like I said I could not find a email address to contact you and this seemed like a good way. V/R Matt

NoCommonSenseLeft Dec 02, 2011

BRAVO BRAVO rdnkbkr extremely well stated response to a lunatic violator that blames anyone but himself for his actions. All you idiots that complain about being towed IF you have a LEGITIMATE complaint PUC will ensure a FULL REFUND. Parking enforcement ONLY exists because VIOLATORS (self centered, self important, lack of class, and complete disreguard for other peoples rights Losers) DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!!!

• Kg
    KGTeacher Oct 02, 2011

Klaus' Towing is extremely unprofessional. The employees are extremely rude. Regardless of the type of work environment, they should uphold a standard of professionalism. However, they do not. Attempting to resolve anything with this company is pointless. My friends car was towed from her apt complex; when her Mother called Klaus' towing to see why it was towed and where to pick up her daughter's car, they hung up on her. I have another friend who had an unfortunate interaction with this company, and she also detailed how rude they were to her. I was there to witness their treatment of customers and they speak to people however they want. No company should ever speak or treat customers poorly.

File a compliant with the BBB. Maybe if more people filed a complaint with the BBB, Klaus' may start to behave more professionally.

rdnkbkr Sep 27, 2011

kkadebt0909, as to our business cards, we do gladly accept Visa and Master card for consensual tows. However, for non-consensual tows we have a strict cash only policy so that people don't stop payment on the card and force us to go to further measures to get the fees do us at additional cost to the vehicle owner.

rdnkbkr Sep 27, 2011

Colorado Guns, your vehicle was towed because our company was called by the HOA for your complex and given a signature to authorize the removal of your car. The vehicle had been previously stickered by the HOA and you did not contact them to address the issue so they were under the assumption that the vehicle was abandoned. Under Colorado law a vehicle can be considered abandoned after 24 hours. When the vehicle was found the doors were unlocked and the faceplate to your stereo was on the floorboard, when trying to put put the faceplate on the stereo it was noted on our previous damage form that the faceplate would not stay locked in, along with the damage to the bumper and hood you claim we caused. When you contacted our office on the phone you were very rude and yelled and cursed at our employees and then you called your HOA and yelled and cursed at them until they felt so threatened that they agreed to pay for the tow charges to avoid any further conflict with you. So we were paid for the tow and were not out the money as you claim and your car was not illegally towed, so you haven't proven anything of the sort. When you came to pick up your vehicle one of your tires was low so we aired it up for you and then when your car wouldn't start we even jump started the vehicle for you. Gee, that doesn't sound like the actions of someone who was irate about having to return your vehicle to you. Also, at no point did you say anything about the bumper and hood damage while at our business. After you drove out of the storage lot and back around front you came into the office and started complaining that we had unlocked your car and broken the face to your stereo that you had just had installed. When we tried to tell you that we did not damage your vehicle you became very verbally aggressive and began yelling and cursing at several of us in the office and then exited the office and spat on our front door. When we came outside to confront you about your childish behavior we were almost run over by your wife/sister and you almost hit her car when you backed out and then screeched out of our parking lot yelling and cursing the entire time. You were correct on two points in your comments; we did tow your car and someone did spit in your window. We won't deny that. It was only returning something you had done to us. Since the time this took place you placed BBB complaints against us and your HOA and when both replied with their answers that didn't match your delusional rants you refused to accept the answers provided and complained to the BBB again. It seems as if you can't stand to be wrong, so you keep telling your version in hopes that eventually someone else will agree with you. It's time to accept that it's not going to happen and move on with your life.

• Co
    colorado guns Sep 07, 2011

My car was towed by klaus because they said that my car was not driven enough. They took my car with good tags, insurance and registration, from my parking spot just because I do not go anywhere very often. Apparently after the HOA Associa investigated they found it was illegally towed and told klaus to return my car. When I went to pick they were Irate at having to return the car without payment. They were so mad they dented my hood so bad the paint peeled off, cracked my bumper in 2 spots, and ripped the face off my radio. When confronted with the damages he had done during their illegal towing and hostage of my car. he laughed and told me he hoped I had him on video while he damaged it because otherwise I could not prove it. I told him I proved the fact it was illegally towed and I will prove they caused the damage in small claims if necessary. He was so mad he followed us to our car yelling, cursing, and threatening us. I was honestly worried he was about to become physical and feared for my families safety. When driving away he spat on my window. THEY ARE TRASH

• Kk
    kkadebt0909 Mar 27, 2011

This companys employees are rude and unprofessional!!! Wouldn't recommend anybody to them...they are money hungry!!! :) towing a car by mistake is a joke!!! Ps. Ya might wanna change ur business cards...it claims they accept mastercard and visa...but today I was told cash only. What a joke!!!

• Sy
    sybjohnson Dec 15, 2010

It is amazing to me that nobody takes any type of responsibility for their actions. I had my vehicle towed (due to my own ignorance) and I had no problems with this company. Their drivers are very professional, neatly dressed, they have a very nice building, and the staff was more than polite to me. Very professional!!! I guess its different when you accept responsibility and take your lumps, instead of blaming everyone for your own stupidity! If your car was towed and it took you until the bill was 3, 500.00 to "look for your car" than you are an idiot and probably shouldnt even be driving!

• Co
    concernedfolks Sep 24, 2009

It is Forest Hills Apartments that you should have a beef with not Klaus' Towing!!! I agree Forest Hills is a scam and a piece of poo property!!!

BUT

The fault does not lie with Klaus' Towing!! They are a great company! They just tow what they are given to tow! Don't be mad at them!!

rdnkbkr Aug 21, 2009

Further comment on the claim that the vehicle can be towed for any reason. In the lease agreement signed by tenants at all apartment complexes there is a section regarding vehicle and parking rules. All vehicles must be maintained in working order and have current registration to remain on property. Any vehicle not in working order (i.e. flat tire, expired plates or not in running condition) are considered to be abandoned vehicles after 24 hours and can be towed at the property owner's, or their appointed representative's, request. Vehicles that are illegally parked, such as fire lanes, handicapped parking spaces without proper placarding or parked in reserved parking spots or carports can be towed with no prior notice to the vehicle owner. Remember, the private property owner is the customer of the towing company, not the owner of the towed vehicle.

rdnkbkr Aug 20, 2009

Private property tows are governed by the Colorado Public Utilities Commission which sets the rules and rates for such tows. The tower must have a signature from the property owner or their authorized representative before removing the vehicle. As soon as the vehicle is towed the vehicle information is reported to the local law enforcement authority for the area so that the owner of the vehicle can get the information or there are signs with the towing company information clearly posted with a phone number that is answered 24 hours a day. If no one contacts the tow company within two days a vehicle record search is requested from the state and a certified letter is sent to the address listed on the form. We have never had a bill that came anywhere close to $3, 500 and no kickbacks are payed to apartment complexes.