Keiser Universityforced to pay for classes that I did not even take

A

I was pregnate at the time and wanted to futher my education to support my son as a single young mother. I signed up for classes for Medical Assistant I was told that most grants would cover the cost. After I completed 2 classes and I had my son it became too much to manage I requested time off and I was told that if I recieved a Dr. 's note I faxed it over and was later told that I had to be with Keiser a year to become eligable. Now I am paying off a $5, 000.00 debt for taking 2 classes. I had no idea I should have just attended a comunity college on line for$500.00. I would not recomend this school to anyone I live in Redding, Ca. [protected]@cliffhanger.com

BAST7551 Aug 26, 2011

MOST IMPORTANT!! Please file a complaint with the Fl Department of EDU. This may not be an immediate or individual correction. But if a case is filed against Kieser, and it is brought to the public that the Dept of EDU did not protect us. Well they may be held liable and this is the only way change is going to occur by showing the neglect of our rights.

BAST7551 Aug 26, 2011

File the unpaid refund form from the FSA site, and definately contact whom ever. However I have filed complaints with the FL department of EDU, Sallie Mae, and the department of EDU and gotten nowhere. Ultimately it is a civil suit, theset institutions are not going to protect u / us. We need to find a attorney and file a lawsuit with people whom been decieved.

BAST7551 Aug 26, 2011

The sad thing is that this school has been decieving students for years now!!

• Wh
    Whitney Pemrick Aug 25, 2011

I am responsible for a $6, 800 loan through Sallie Mae also when I attempted to go to classes at Keiser in Sarasota, FL. I had gone to sign up for a Pastry Chef program, but was enrolled in a general culinary program which is not what I intended to study!! I was signed up with all my knife kit, textbooks, and chef jacket in less than an hour!
    I am sickened by Keiser and the fact they can completely take advantage of students like this, and then NOT ANSWER any of your emails, or phone calls when you try to express a complaint! I've contacted the Attorney General in Florida, and have asked for a mediation meeting to help resolve this problem.

BAST7551 Apr 14, 2011

MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE FSA WEBSITE PRINT OUT THE UNPAID REFUND FORM AND SEND IT TO THEM MAKE A COPY AND SEND IT CERTIFIED MAIL.

banging Feb 08, 2011

what did u end up doing??

• Se
    sevastra Aug 16, 2010

hey, just read that thing that you wrote on keiser college.. I went there for 2 weeks, and realized what a joke it was. They got my full pell grant and still charging me 6, ooo through salliemae, and had put me in collections for 600$ that i supposibly owe the school... what can i do??

[email protected]