Keiser Universitybalance owed

J

I attended Keiser University when I was much younger. I originally went to Keiser to get my Bachelors in Elementary Education and I came out of there with an AA in paralegal studies. They practically swindled me into taking the paralegal courses instead because they did not offer the Elementary Education program there. They said not to worry because I can always transfer my credits. I got approved for all sorts of student loans and financial aid. However, at the end of my career they decided to tell me that "I" did not submit my financial aid application on time and now I owe them $4000. I graduated in 2009 and I have been unable to get my transcripts or pay that outrageous amount of money so that I can further my education. I am a single mom of three boys and they will not work with me at all. They want there money and will not give me a break.

jazabe11e May 25, 2017

It seems that I'm having much of the same issue as a lot of other people on here. How is nothing being done about this? After 4 completed semesters, I dropped classes in my 5th semester, well within the period I was able to do so. Everything up until that point had been paid in full, I had a zero balance. I recently requested my transcripts to continue my education elsewhere, and I was told I owe $6500 and they will not release my transcripts until it is paid in full. They are accusing me of dropping classes outside of the time period I was able to do so without penalty. And when they sent me my ledger, of course it reflects their side of the story because otherwise how could they legally charge me anything. This money they say I owe them is money that was given to them from financial aid as well as the loans they make you take out, and they had to refund that money to them. So why exactly do I have to pay them money that was never theirs in the first place? It makes no sense whatsoever, and when I ask questions about it I am told that this is the way it is and I need to pay. How are they able to treat people this way? And how do they continually get away with this?!