Katapult (formerly Zibby)Beware omg beware!

S Jun 10, 2020

Beware omg beware! We received an $1800 credit from katapult, wanted to use it for a new mattress. It all seems so wonderful at the start doesn't it? However getting down to the nitty gritty it's far from wonderful.

Before we pulled the trigger on a $1000 purchase with $45 down & "low" monthly payments, I did what you should all do and went to live chat with a rep to ask my specific detailed questions.

I specifically asked how much my monthly payments would be on a $1000 purchase and for how long I can get a lease for. I also told her my city and state plus zip code. The answers to these questions are critical as they are the criteria used to determine your monthly payments.

The important stuff: the "early purchase option is only 90 days!! During that time, you only pay the price of what you bought plus taxes and an additional +5% leasing fee.

After this 90 days, omg... Wait for it, wait for it... The total amount of your lease is double the amount of your purchase. I thought I read that wrong, so I explicitly asked her is she saying our $1000 purchase is now $2000?! Her answer was"that is correct."

Our lease would have been for 12 months.

Now the pricing for $1000 purchase. She asked how often we are paid, my answer, every 2 weeks. The payments would have been $78 twice a month for a total of $156 a month. We might have considered this if it were $78 a month but not twice a month, screw that.

The moral of my story here is don't jump too fast on these types of lease options because you'll end up paying so so much more, I don't think it's worth it anymore.

I hope this helps some of you. This chat session with a katapult rep took place last night and I took screenshots.

RESOLVED

• Katapult (formerly Zibby)'s response · Oct 22, 2020

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. Thank you Shawn for expressing your review to us. Katapult strives to make sure that our members have a full understanding on how our lease operates before one is initiated. We offer the 90 Days for customers to have the opportunity to complete the lease at the discounted rate. Once the 90 days have concluded Shawn, the lease will start to honor the agreed contract. We sincerely do apologize if our policy may have caused any inconvenience to you Shawn. Thank you for considering Katapult as your financial option. If you have any additional concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com.

• Le
    leo22 Jul 28, 2020

I'm having the same problem too my order was 1, 850 and the lease is over 4500 dollars can u believe this!