Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Government & Police Kansas Department of Labor Denial of religious exemption for covid 19 vaccination

Kansas Department of Labor  -  Denial of religious exemption for covid 19 vaccination

T
Author of the complaint
12:40 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Secretary of Labor,

I am an RN and ordained minister currently suspended without pay from Ascension Senior Living/Via Christi Village in Pittsburg, Kansas. Upon hire in 2016 it was known that I request religious exemption from all forms of vaccination. After 5 years of approved exemption I was denied in 2021 for the Covid 19 vaccination, citing risks to the resident population. I have worked for 2 years during this pandemic and complied with all other requirements. I worked out all scheduled days, submitted to twice weekly testing and wore appropriate personal protective equipment throughout my time of employment. I filed an exemption request as required and feel it was improperly denied. As of Nov 12, 2021 I have been placed on unpaid leave. Further the company cancelled my health insurance prematurely. Attempts to communicate locally regarding my current status have been avoided/hindered and I have been denied access to log-in to the online employee network. I do not believe my continued employment with the company would have created undue hardship. They did allow one medical exemption but denied all requests for religious exemptions. I am qualified and capable of performing many tasks within the organization but was not offered a change of position that would remove me from resident care. For example: a vacant position existed in medical records. This was not offered as an option.

0 comments