K-DesignersFraud and cheating

This company has a call center based in California, where they call people and tell them that they would like to use their home as an advertising home. They send a 'Marketing Director' i.e. salesperson, to their home to give an approx. 4 hour presentation.

Their sales pitch is that they have 'advertising dollars' they will give them as 'discounts' if they purchase on the spot. They train the 'marketing directors' to start high and negotiate down by offering discounts in return for things like putting a sign in their yard, or writing a letter of recommendation, etc. They offer many options, NONE of them are legitimate.

They also will offer 'free item' such as new garage doors, new exterior lights, design work i.e. scallops in gables, new glass screen doors, an address plaque, shutters, the list goes on. These items are included in the price and are NOT free!

This is a complete scam. I was a 'MD' and they stole many of thousands of dollars from me as an employee. When confronted, they terminated my employment. They hire new 'MD's' every week, send them to CA for training, and most only last, at the most, 1 month.

I would be happy to share more details with you, if you would like. If you are considering working for them, I can explain how they rip you off. If you are considering buying from them, I think I've explained pretty well how they rip you off, but if you would like further detail, I'm happy to do that.

This company is good at getting reports like this removed and claiming they have No 'UNRESOLVED' BBB complaints. Key word there is Unresolved! They will pretty much do what you want if you make a complaint on BBB, to a certain extent. Otherwise, I don't know how they always get them either removed or settled.

I met someone, after my termination with the company, that purchased from them and they had a problem right away. They had to make multiple requests for the problem to be corrected. It wasn't until they filed a BBB complaint (at my suggestion) that they fixed the problem.

Go somewhere else for your siding and your windows!

• Ju
    Justin Lynch Nov 10, 2018

Just ask them to show the 1099's of their Marketing Directors or any proof whatsoever that they pay what the claim- you will find none. Company is a complete fraud.

• Ta
    Tanya DuPras Aug 08, 2018

I worked for K-Designers for three years as their HR Manager/Accounting Supervisor and everything you read about them that is negative is true. They scam and go after elderly people. They lie, they cheat, they run people's credit without their permission. Larry Judson is the biggest scammer and liar there is and he will stab anyone in the back to make a buck. He sits in the accounting department conjuring up ways to under-pay everyone from MD's to installers, and has people who have been complacently working for him for over 20 years who still do not even make $20.00 an hour. I have never worked at a place where so many people behave as robots, are so unhappy, and are so underpaid. No one at that company has any respect for him, and they all believe he is crazy, but for some reason they continue to work for him. I have personally watch him create drama between people which is crazy because he's an old man. He will throw anyone under the bus to facilitate his lies and make himself look better. He treats all of his employees horribly and when I came on and people finally felt they had someone they could go to Larry Judson announced to the call center, and corp that people were no longer allowed to talk to HR and had to go to him. He's gone after lesbians, gays, minorities, and actually stated in a meeting "No we cannot have women as Branch Managers" He allows his son Doug to berate, harass, and yes sexually harass employees and does nothing about it except fire the employee when they complain. He cooks his books, and asked the accounting team to create a second set of books to show the bank. He's asked the accounting team to create false documents for audits. He has no clue how a business works and the only reason he has been in business for so long is because before the financial crisis of 2008 he had thousands of employees and let others run his business. Yes they still had all the shady business practices and still ripped people off but it was not as bad as it is now. After that crisis, and after his CFO quit in October of 2016 (because K-Designers was ruining his personal credit) Larry took over and all he does all day long is walk around and micro-manage every single person. He has no computer at his desk, nor does he ever work in his office - he simply walks around telling people what to do and how to do it and it's all about how to rip people off, how to hurt people, and how to go after people so he can look good. I predict that they will go out of business by 2020 because he's not capable of sustaining this scam in his old age. And, they hired a full time person in 2015 to "correct" all bad online reviews - Larry asked the IT manager to start contacting people who gave K-Designers bad reviews on Yelp and offer to PAY THEM to take down their reviews or to give good reviews, so ANY good review you see is a scam. There is not ONE happy employee at K-Designers and it is literally shocking to me that anyone still works there. A person just interviewed for my old position with Larry and she got up and walked out of the interview and went straight to complain to the EEOC because of the nature of inappropriate and illegal questions he asked her in the interview. This guy is a joke, his company is a joke and we will all be lucky when the entire scam folds

• Tr
    TriedandTrue Nov 25, 2016

These posts are too funny! I was a MD, had a rough start for the first 6 months while I was continuing to work on improvement. After 6 months, I had learned my attitude determined my performance and not the company, and became consistent. My income dramatically increased to 6 figures and maintained that pace for 5 years. I left on good terms and have no regrets.

I had seen the type of people posting these comments, come and go weekly during my tenure there. The excuses and crybaby poor me attitudes are exactly why they failed. In sales and marketing, the focus is profit! That's why the field pays as much as it does because your bringing in the profit. If you are seriously complaining about not getting paid bc you wasted an expensive lead, under sold a job, or whined because you had to invest your own money in yourself...and failed, good luck in life.

I made it because I'm part of the 1% that doesn't allow failure to be an option. Yes it was tough in the beginning and I had to overcome a lot of obstacles, but I'm so glad I pushed myself through it. This is an honest post with a true basis...not a 2 weeker that probably won't achieve anything in life except blaming everyone but themselves for their lack of prosperity.

To the initiator of this thread, I hope they sue you for defamation of character. You, like many others on this post, have a pisspoor attitude, which is probably the reason you were terminated. The best part, is it's completely rare for a termination to take place lol! Most failures follow the same path as most of the whinny posts on this thread. They realize they don't have the drive to make their lives better, and probably never will.

In reference to your MD tile is basically a sales person, you are absolutely correct! If you are engaged in any transaction the is brokering a deal between a customer and a company...you are technically a sales person. The fact that you didn't follow up to ensure all marketing items were completed as you agreed upon is why YOU lied to people and made it appear the program was bogus. If it is followed through, that's where you time invested pays off.

In conclusion, I haven't worked there in over 5 years, but I happened to come across this and couldn't help but laugh and had to comment. You are in complete control of your destiny and only patience and determination will prevent you from achieving it. If you are one of the many failures that have posted on here, please, do yourselves a favor and don't leave your deadend jobs. Keep punching that clock until you finally retire. You'll be miserable but at least you'll remain in your comfort zone.

• Sc
    Scott E Jul 12, 2016

K-designers is by far the worst company I have ever worked for due to the following:
    1. Prey on the elderly.
    2. Give false promises
    3. Promise payments to their MD's on jobs completed that do not happen
    4. Find ways to get out of paying bonuses
    5. Many more complaints I can not divulge due to pending lawsuits
    I began to wonder about the integrity of K-D when after three months I had counted over 12 marketing directors that had left.

• Ad
    adam1020 Jan 03, 2016

I too worked for this company and I do agree with many of the comments in here related to the sales pitch and how sales people are treated, however, I must say that the company has one of the best products on the market, and customers do get a value for what they are paying.

• Fr
    Freedom2002 Oct 10, 2014

It's funny to see someone from the company trying to explain away problems. I currently make six figures a year in sales. I sell ethically and responsibly. K-Designers is the worst sales company I have seen in 35 years in the business. Dan, Roy, and Marty are crooks. Here's the deal people. Take the retail price times 60 percent and you have your real sales price. Everything above that goes into the sales reps pocket. The company says that the products they sale are exclusive to them. They are not. You just weren't listening when the rep told you the company that makes them. Guess what... you can buy them from other suppliers and distributors for a whole lot less. The same doors made by Larsen, the same siding made by Revere, and the same windows made by Simonton. Come on people. Do you really believe that a manufacturer of a product would only sale through one company or supplier... Hell no! They would lose millions if they did. As for the character of the managers I mentioned above... these guys will take you for every penny you have if you let them. Anyone who has worked for the omaha, ne office knows these guys gloat and laugh at how stupid there customer was and how much more money they are going to steal from them. Knowing them on a personal level... unless you hate your kids... let's keep the news channel free of yet another story by keeping these guys out of the house. I am sure you catch my drift.

• Ww
    w?w Aug 07, 2014

I was a customer of Kay Designers for about 12 hours. The sales guys were ok, the product was good, what I could not get past was the cost per window but I signed. They left at 11:30 pm I had to be at work at 5:00 am. Did not sleep a wink thinking about what just happened and how much it was going to cost me. On my first break at work I tried to call Kay designers on the only number I was left with and got an answering machine, I tried all day to get a live person to cancel unsuccessfully. I drove to their home office and got there 15 minutes to close and canceled contract and asked for it on paper and got it. Feeling better about the situation, I went out to my car and remembered the $100 dollar check I wrote to them and went back in for it and followed the sales manager into an office and dug my paperwork out of a pile and I got my check. Feeling relief I left and drove home. Six days later I got a rejection of credit letter, I have a 680-720 credit score, thought it was strange but did not act on it. Got 3 more within a week! I am now looking into legal action but who runs your credit 4 times after cancellation and rejects all. This puts 4 hard inquiries on credit report. Wanting to send a letter to the owner I found these postings and felt compelled to share on unscrupulous acts by Kay Designers.

• Ki
    kishmein touchus Feb 15, 2014

After reading all the comments on many many pages about K-Designers, only a certified ### would work for the scamming, ### company. Where is the Dept. of Consumer Affairs or the Attorney General's Office? These crooks need to be put out of business and the owner put in the grey bar hotel for a long long time. He can redesign his cell in his spare time. What is amazing is that I received another call from these people after 9 p.m. tonight. No need to take it out on the poor person making the appointments as this is usually a last chance, desperation job. Just hang up. Feel better and complain to the limp dicks at the BBB and then send a letter to your state's attorney general's consumer fraud division. Perhaps if they get enough complaints, some action will follow. I imagine if KD is shut down in some state, they will like a whack a mole just pop up some place else. The biggest scam and laugh is that the owner of the company loudly ( a clue) professes what a good Christian he is. Jesus should smite him.

• Ro
    RockyG. Dec 07, 2013

Approximately Feb. of this year (2013) a salesperson arrived at my home to sell me windows. Of course one of those high energy guys calling to make appointments called first. Why did I ever do this? I don't all for these types of tactics. When I think back all the things he offered me ( as stated in the first comment) to get my price down. They are absolutely TRUE!! He must have taken acting lessons. I feel totally ripped off. Being widowed a year and half prior to this. What the heck was I thinking?? When the first independent worker arrived to install my windows, towards the end of April. You would not believe all the damages and mistakes in the orders of my windows that were put in and at a later date to be repaired. The first installed was a very good worker, quiet and went about his work and was very polite. I understand he and the 2nd guy were subcontracted. The 2nd guy finally arrived 2-3 months later. I am still awaiting there arrival to repair my patio window that leaks air that the 2nd guy replaced. The color of the handle was incorrect. I have lost count how many times they have gotten the wrong handle. The piece either arrived broken or the installer broke it upon installation of the 2nd patio door (he showed me how to install the broken piece and handle myself when the new parts that he supposedly ordered would be sent to me, which to date have not arrived). But had to call to see what was going on. An employee of K-Designers came out to see what the problem was. The reason they had to replace the patio door was because the grates were the incorrect color, the first time. I had both white and brown grates in patio door picture window in the same room. My dining room some days when the wind is blowing strong is so cold. I woke up one morning and came out to the dining room and saw a leaves of a plant I have sitting in front of the patio door wiggling. It could not believe it!!! I ended up that day folding a sheet and stuffing it between the frames that meet in the middle. Out of the 8 windows that were ordered to fit my existing windows, 4 of them were measured wrong! So they had to put wide pieces of trim so that I lost most of my ledge that I had. I have my expensive window treatments that I had on the windows prior to the installation of my new windows, laying in the closet and don't know if they will fit!!! As the trim piece covers up the holes were they were installed. A couple of days ago when we had sub zero wind chill. The window in the Master bedroom had frost along the frame of the window. I took a picture of it. I am so upset!! I just don't know what to do. I feel like I have been taken advantage of. Being a widow and having to handle this myself and many many other issues gets to be overwhelming!!! Oh and I back dated there performance and completion form so they could get it in on there April monthly quota. When they actually completed the job on May 3rd.

• Sh
    Sharon Cousins Jun 26, 2013

K-Designers just installed five beautiful windows and a slider door at our house. The work was great, clean-up was good, and the product is very high quality. So far we are very happy with our purchase from K-Designers. The only problem we had was getting the paperwork right... a couple of things initially sent to us had to be redone to match the deal we were actually offered, but this was accomplished and everything has been as promised so far.

• Bu
    Bustingloose Jun 07, 2013

Yes, I’d hate to see you miss out! And this is the tone of the day, and the next day, and the next day. So you walk in a rookie needing a job, and you do your best every second; then you get promoted to a junior. Yes! Look at you, you’re doing so good; you set six appointments last week, got a pretty good paycheck, and got a promotion. And the managers are calling you a superstar, and life is good!

Then you get your next paycheck, and you just know something must be wrong, but with a smile you ask a manager. “How come I didn’t get paid for the eight appointments I set last week, and why didn’t I get paid for my attendance bonus?” And the manager says, “As a junior, you have to set ten (10) appointments, and be here for every shift, in order to get paid for any of your appointments, and any of your bonuses”. Imagine that: you get a promotion, your making the same kinds of phone calls, had a hard time setting six (6) appointments, now you have to set ten (10), you’ve never missed a day of work, and you don’t get paid for the appointments that you set; and you don’t get paid for your attendance bonus? So instead of making $320.00, you get $200.00!

And you just go on, "I’d Hate to see you miss out on the huge discounts during our anniversary sale! With huge savings on our windows/siding during our sale!" And from the others end of the phone line:

"I have your window you jerk, I've been calling in every week about your lifetime guarantee, it's been three months now, and no one have contacted me about the bugs getting in through the windows you installed; what are you going do about it you ###?"

And then one of the managers gets up in front of the room and tells all of the TMs in the call center:

“You guys, when I was a superstar, when I was a TM, I wanted to get to know everyone around me; not so I could be your friend, so I could roll over you. So that’s what you guys need to start doing, you need to start getting to know all the people you work with; and then you need to figure out ways to get around, and over them.”

WELCOME TO K-DESIGNERS!!!

• Mi
    Mira71311 Mar 15, 2013

Did anyone work in the call center? Because I have a job interview for the call center job on Monday.

Joslyn S. Feb 08, 2013

Shame on this company. Shame on the people who own and run this unethical business. They recently manipulated an elderly women with a limited income. How dare they. Karma will always get you in the end, especially those without ethics.

• Mm
    M/M Jones Dec 01, 2012

I can see both sides of peoples comments from employee's (well most are part time without recourse) to clients, feeling either delighted or ripped off. The real issue is the promise that is made by management for hire's that work for the company as a telemarketer, or as management to the TM floor, but it all starts from the beginning as a telemarketer, your job is to call and get what is called a set, or an appointment. Depending on the mood of the president Larry as he is now 69 and seems lives in the building, as if he has no kids or family to go home to, he wanders amongst 40+ telemarketing people two shifts from 8 until 8 changes, bending and making up new rules to get the TM's to say whatever they can but not to give up until the client hangs up, so the rules we were all trained for are a pile of warm Bull Crap we have to change the Scripts which we read off of. The floor managers are always offering spiff's like money or tickets to draw from or promises of x dollar per set, then of course you can or suppose to get commission on sales that range from anywhere of $10-$70. per sale, the real deal is one never really knows if the sale was made so, when payday comes they only tell you one or two things, either your set appointment wasn't valid or that the Marketing Director (MD) didn't make the sale, or did he or she? We have no means to check unless we call the client's and we signed a non-disclosure statement when we took the very part time job their check receipt are clear as mud and if you approach the TM management team you get no answers, all they want if for you to get your expected 200 to 300 calls in and to close or wrap the deal meaning whatever it takes at any costs set the appointment or move on to the next call. Further, if you get a person that answers and says put me on the DNC list and you do the training and fight that rejection then you get them to talk it's as if you can get them going you are to snap your fingers for a floor manager to take over and set the call, so even if they set a bad appointment it counts against you, yet another reasons they can let you go. You are expected to get out of almost 250 calls a 4 to 5 hours shift at least 1 or more sets.

Management loves to changes the rules in the middle of the shift because Larry the president decides things are not working. One example was recently the holidays are they claim better times to sell I cannot say without any proof they are or are not, but as a TM I can tell you they are truly more difficult with family and friends people getting ready for all the reasons they really don't want to talk to some stranger spewing a lot of crap, so of course the TM is cut off and his potential sets go way down, but having said that, TM are still suppose to average around 1.5 minutes per call, except for a set which takes about 3 to 5 minutes more depending on the difficulty of getting the client to set.

After you set I noticed a second problem which goes back to the owner coming from his side of the building and telling us we need to work harder, really as if the computer generates the calls and which script we are reading off of, and this is usually when sales go great for a week or two, that means that the marketing director's in the field or MD made sales and of course they make really good commissions they can make thousands for a sale. Think about it you are in small towns on your own dime as a MD so you are driving in winter in snow cold etc., hauling all these samples it's got to be a hard job and well frankly worth any good commission, but here is how it gets back to the very people that make the sale possible and the problem with how the company treats them the TM's.

I the MD makes good for a week he can make $10, 000. so he's made his goal in the meantime we are still selling his area. It would seem like every time sets are up about the third week actual sales go bad, personally I think the MD's simply kick back don't really try and so the TM's suffer and Larry comes out and tells everyone to work harder don't take no, well this is where the problems get weird, so we set but the MD's don't show or claim to show who's looking really nobody, so if they make their goal then why go out into the cold, or they show do as little as possible to get through their set appointments and of course no sale comes from it and the bottom line is some how the TM is blamed for not qualifying the set properly, meaning asking all the right questions as they change depending again on the mood of the president, one day it's about just get the set the next is we are all not doing our job and need to make sure we are all reading with a manager our post script they call it which reviews all the information so it's one or the other, and it's never enough.

Here is the crooks of the problem, having been in management for 35 years and because of my age and the economy I took the work, look I am not lazy it's difficult work in the sense you are always on the phones dealing in a noisy and nutty environment playing music, floor managers yelling really loud and many potential clients that do listen are ready to hang up because they can't hear you and you can't hear them, and of course if you lose that call as managers listen to your calls they come over and beat you up for the whole crazy environment you have to live in most complain and yet because Larry the president likes it nothing is done at the highest levels of your reporting managers they all shrug it off saying what can I do, it's a place where if the President Larry tells a bad joke everyone laughs because it's all about brown nosing at K-Designer's aka Judson Enterprises. It's simple as long as those that count to the team and trust only the longest working still part time people (most I have met are true sales people don't care about you or the client's just get the sales) keeping being kind of sociopath that's what they want, so the rest of us that training for 3 days and daily pump you up BS meeting take it they continue to do business as usual at any cost including all the efforts one makes to deal with the numbers that ARE NOT in favor of the TM to make a set. Management of course favors those that get great sales unless your number drop and if they do for a month doesn't matter how hard and devoted you are they let you go.

Another huge sign of trouble when you are hired you will notice once you are working that they are always training new people and making them TM's, so that says volumes in how many people they let go for any reasons and keep rotating new people in, and it's constant, they only have about 40 spots in two shifts between 8 and 2 then 3 to PM so if you are not doing your job according to them or not kissing their ### your out even if your complaint, comment or otherwise is legit.

How do they do this it's easy, they hold back information and payments or spiff's promised to TM. TM's have no means to verify that information, so K-Designer's holds out that money or commissions, spiff's in a fund and when they lay off people they use it to offset the cost to train new crews usually bi monthly or at least one a month using outlets like jobs.com or Craigslist.

In my 35 years of not only working for a medium corporation to large corporation, knowing what really is going down, the reality is they have the formula for true sales that is pretty much saying whatever you need to get it sold, lie, cheat and steal not form them of course from the employee's and clients.

So that's the honest truth about this place. It's a place where the president of the company Larry Judson lives in the 80's when Reagan was President and trickle down economics worked (it really didn't now that history shows) but Judson still live by that motto, his kind of weird and always talks about the past how he as he claims "knocked doors" that's how he says it, and amazed his employer as he was a contractor that set down his tool belt to go into sales without any training, and the reason he did it so well the sales part was because he doesn't care about the reality of the parties he worked for only his own self serving abilities, he is truly the salesman, salesman with a huge does of sociopath in him if not a lot.

He also get the part of the economy being so difficult he can get great people and break them to come down to his level because they are either younger living at home and this is enough money for their needs or he hires older people that he knows need the income not because they could make a good contribution for better ways, but because they can't get back to doing a job for a reality based company with reality based products and human resources, as Larry is management, lower to upper, he's the King of the Hill and he doesn't care about what else one can contribute to making it a better company, he only cares about one thing his little Kingdom and his rule, what's that say? It's says sociopath and self serving. He a people user has no regrets and just looking at him and his silly manner, Trump comb over without no hair, devilish beard and cheap suits he one to be laughed at for what he is.

In closing here is the summary of all I said. From my background as a manufacturer, contractor, corporate management person, the products are good products, they are all made in the USA as far as I can determine, the installation crews are all US based (I am sure however many are from South of the Border without proper documentation but that's not exclusive by any means to construction or many other large employers so can't hold him to blame, in fact that's exactly why stuff get's done it's people like that understand hard times and want to work) just like the TM's that make that company work without them there is no crew to make appointments for sales, but they are treated as if they are some illegal citizens lucky to be getting minimum wage and cheated on their commissions based on the whim of a guy call the President that truly is all about him.

The person attack isn't that at all on the President Larry Judson, it's simply the truth you only have to have worked for other corporations lived in board rooms and listened to enough leaders of a company to know his type and he is a master of selling hot piles of BS and snake oil to those he knows have to listen or else be without and he also get it's a bad time to be out of work if one truly want to work even under the conditions set down by Larry it's not much but no income is just that, so he uses that as his fix to make all things he wants work and never gives anything up. You get Christmas, Thanksgiving and I think Easter off that's it. You work 6 days a week and you are not allowed to work overtime or any hours that could take you over to a claim of unemployment over 40 per week as he has that wired as suggested above, he has a slush fund to cover training losses and the sad part of that is that everyone that works for him pays into their own potential lay off or firing because they paid for him to bring in new people and start the self serving cycle over again, and oh yes the other management group does the same they brown nose with him to the extent I suppose if Larry thought he could wear a crown he would.

All my years of working for huge corporations I have come up against other's like him and in the end they lost maybe with a bag of money, but at his age with his claimed success and money I mean how many millions does one need to be happy and share the wealth with those that made it happen for him? I suppose he will die and have all his cash pulled and thrown into his coffin so he count all that money in his after life. How many lives he has messed with because his power is almost like the word of God and if you disrespect that you are going to Hell the one he determines. I feel sorry for those that brown nose him and those that have done good work, given what he doesn't pay but demands they will have the last word I sure.

• Sh
    SHAWNA D Nov 18, 2012

YOU PEOPLE ARE OUT FOR BLOOD AND NEED TO GET A LIFE K-DESIGNERS IS AWESOME AND HAVE GREAT PRODUCTS ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE VERY SATISFIED WITH OUR LIFETIME WARRANTY SIDING SO IF INDEED ANY THING HAPPENS TO GO WRONG WITH OUR SIDING AT LEAST WE CAN REST ASSURED BECAUSE WE HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY ! THANK YOU K-DESIGNERS! AND TO ALL YOU BLOOD SUCKING HATERS OUT THERE ! GET A LIFE

• Lo
    LoanGuy32 Aug 08, 2012

It's simple people: IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS.
    This goes for potential buyers of their product and people considering employment with the company.

I wasted about 1 month of my life working for this joke of a company. I sure learned some good life lessons though during the process.
    I'm also proud to say that I never closed one sale with them because I couldn't walk into someones house, look them in the eyes, lie to them and steal their hard earned money...
    If you were a victim of one of their "Marketing Directors" (MD's) and actually purchased the goods and/or services of this company I feel terrible that you were manipulated and used in such a terrible way. If you took the financing from K-designers, congratulations you've got a lien on your home that I can assure you wasn't disclosed during the transaction...
    At training they really drive it into the MD's heads to make sure that if someone buys to make sure that they "tuck their paper work in a safe spot right away". They want the buyers to do that so they don't read what they signed and the recission period expires. Then they've got them in their vice...

I was young and naive when I took the job...Very manipulative sales tactics. If you "google" unethical the definition should pop up and simply read: K-Designers.
    PLEASE STAY AWAY, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

• Mm
    MMDavis Jul 15, 2012

From a potential customer observation:
    This was the biggest waste of 2/12 hours that I can remember in a long time. I was first being stocked by the call center in CA. Should have been my first red flag. In good faith I believed I was being approached by professionals. I agreed to an apt. The "Director" was nice enough...at first. He began right away on the high pressure sale. Before we were even 15 minutes into the process, he started to tell me how the sale ends on Sunday. I began letting him know I was not going to make a decision in 2 hours. From there, it became very uncomfortable. At one point this person began criticizing my home and my decisions. The person became more condescending and rude. I had to laugh and wonder who this really works for. If I treated my customers like this I would not have a job. Best part was, in the process while he was measuring, I was able to pull up all kinds of complaints and filings, and negative reviews. ALL of the review were exactly what I was experiencing in that moment. Good Luck to anyone who works there an even better luck to anyone who goes this direction. They were so high priced, with no reason to be so.

• Cs
    C.SOLTERO-HEIN Jun 08, 2012

WE HAD SOME SIDING DONE ABOUT 8 YRS AGO. IT WAS FINE. ABOUT 3 YRS. AGO WE HAD SOME MORE WORK DONE BY SOME RUSSIAN CONTRACTORS FROM K-DESIGNERS. MESSED UP MY HOUSE AND I CANNOT GET ANYONE TO CALL ME BACK AND I AM READY TO GO TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I LEFT A MESSAGE WITH K-DESIGNERS 3 WEEKS AGO AND HAVE NOT HEARD A WORD.
    BAD BUSINESS.

• Mr
    Mr. Bills Feb 25, 2012

I don't work for k- design but I was one of the poor suckers that fell for their sales pitch on the windows and siding. Since the siding was installed I have had them come back three times to repair the siding that fell off the house. They used 2" nails the first time and didn't even try to hit the studs, that lasted about four months. Second time they came to the house they just put more nails in where ever they thought it might do some good. This lasted about another six months. Last fall, after many phone calls to their office in Billings Mt. they finally showed up to do the repairs. This time they used screws but just randomly placed them and sometimes not even to the wall, they would just screw them to each other. WOW! Since then I have picked up hand fulls of screws from the yard around the house that have fallen out of the siding. Not knowing where they came from I just collected them. We recently had a wind storm and several pieces of the siding came loose and fell off. Now I know where the screws came from. I am in the middle of calling them for more repairs. I wonder how long it will take this time. Thats just the siding. I also purchased 5 windows from them. they were great if you like dirt and cold air blowing through your house. I called and complained to them for 6 months before they finally came and replaced them. These people will lie, cheat, and steal from you. They will tell you they will be there to do repairs sometime during the week and not show up, no phone call or anything. Then when you call to see why they didn't come they make up some sorry ### excuse. When they do finally show up they act like you made them go out of their way to please you. what B.S. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE UNTRAINED AND UNPROFESSIONAL in the installation field. One thing they are good at is the sales pitch, but that is all it is a sales pitch. Don, t buy into it.

• Sj
    sjto Jan 25, 2012

My father just passed away and after his passing we have discovered that K Designers completely and unscrupulously scammed him for thousands of dollars! This was a man on a fixed income with Alzheimer's that they preyed on; selling him 11 windows and a patio door for $30, 000 at 10% interest with a 5% origination fee!!! Estimates from construction companies which we have since obtained have quoted the value of these windows at less than half the amount they charged him...never mind the incredible interest rate they continue to charge on the outstanding balance. When I first moved back to live with my Dad last year I found that the salesman from K Designers was still calling him almost daily and sending him drawings of what other little projects they could do to his home. This company is evil!!

Teri Langston Jan 04, 2012

Maybe Colorado is different..I don't know. Maybe the fact that I tipped all the guys who came to my house was marked on my file or something. I do know they replaced shutters, and some bubble problems (about an 8 X6 area) without charging me ten year later, maybe because I stated over and over that I have a lifetime warranty and maybe because I bullied a little saying I work on a computer all day and can make good comments or bad comments all over the place and I'm very familiar with how the BBB works :)...either way they did hold up their end of the bargain and the product is good.

• Ca
    Camper Van Morrison Dec 28, 2011

You may very well be a real customer, however, KD is famous for astroturfing with bogus praise. I'm not saying that all customers are treated poorly, just that you are in the overwhelming minority if you are so satisfied that you are posting the things you do.
    Everything that is posted by former reps and dissatisfied customers is true except for one thing- they DO pay their reps mileage and reimburse motels up to $50 per night, although they often find a way to make "mistakes" in their payouts.
    Bottom line- KD has been so caught up in their scam way of doing business that they had to change their name to "US Remodelers" hoping that nobody knows how to use google. They have great products, but they are wildly overpriced and their method of sales is disgustingly lacking in integrity, a huge lie. They treat sales reps like dirt, tell them to lie and find any way they can to not pay them.
    Nothing that hasn't been stated ad nauseum.

Teri Langston Dec 28, 2011

my mistake I guess it's camper van morrison I should address, not jarhead..as they put id's at the top not the bottom..anywho please google me...you wanna slam me as a stupid fake spammer but yet I used ALL of my real information unlike some people who hide behind fake id's when they insult people

Teri Langston Dec 28, 2011

Actually JARHEAD..I work for a real estate software company and have for the last 15 years..and since your so dang smart with the computer you can google me and see that yes I am a real person and NO I have never worked for that company in my life- as I used my own name and stated Longmont, Colorado as the REAL place I live. I copied and pasted to several areas because I didn't want to write the same thing over and over and over...just common sense combined with laziness- who wants to write the same review ten different ways. It's a shame so many people in SALES have had such a rough time, but as a CUSTOMER they have done me right- so much so that I have no problem COPYING and PASTEING my thoughts on several boards

• Gr
    griffonbychoice Aug 12, 2011

3M run around

They may have the brand but boy their safety window suck big time. I an a window tinter in California and a client insisted on 3M safety film on their shop. I told them that they needed real security laminate not safety film but they wanted 3M.

I called 3M and spoke to the rep. He told me that 3M is the best and that all other safety films are copy-cat film. I have been installing tint for a long time and the 3M film was nothing special to install.

Here is the problem, the shop that was protected with the 3M safety Ultra 600 was attacked by robbers 2 years later and the CCTV vide shows that the film did nothing, absolutely nothing to prevent the robbers from going through the glass. The film ripped and tore and did not hold the window in place.

Looking at the video, its not like the three robbers hit the windows very hard or even worked at the trying to break in, all they did was tap on the glass twice and the big window came crashing down. What a joke. Lumar magnum is far stronger, but this was no better than tissue paper.

Now I am being sued by the shop owners and 3M responded back to me that they do not claim that no one can break through. I have also found out the 3M has no independent testing for burglar proofing.

I asked 3M to assist with documentation about product quality or something and I have nothing back from them. What a scam.

I now found out that 3M outsources their safety films to the lowest bidder. Great so I bought 2 rolls, paid a premium and only now I found out that I can get it from China for $300 instead of $1, 388.13

3M is not playing fair and now to be trusted. Do not buy 3M safety window films, they don’t work. Maybe 3M should stick to posted notes. Oh, wait a min. 3M doesn’t make those either!

Yep, 3M is making Billions of dollars and all the jobs go to China, no wonder America can pay its bills. From now on, I will only buy from a US company that makes their product here using American workers. Shame on 3M!

Randy

kdesingnerssucksmy nuts Apr 12, 2011

todd nordrum???????????????????is a liar thief cheat

THEY SUUUUUUUCK!!!11

kdesingnerssucksmy nuts Apr 12, 2011

they have their own marketing that post positive comments. they are the only ones who would say something nice. It's probably larry writing to larry

kdesingnerssucksmy nuts Apr 12, 2011

DON'T BE FOOLED LIKE I DID! TODD NORDRUM IS SUCH A BULL &**((#$%^&&***( IDIOT. THEY ARE SUCH SCAMMERS. THEY DRAGGED ME OUT HERE AND SHOULD HAVE NOT LISTENED TO HIS BS. HE IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR. SO IS THE A HOLE FROM SACREMENTO TO VP OF SALES. THE WHOLE THING IS A SCAM!!!1 THEY NOW CAN'T FIND ANYONE TO WORK FOR THEM.THEY HAVE BEEN SCAMMING IN DENVER FOR YEARS. I WAS A MANAGER WITH THEM AND KNOW ALL THEIR TRICKS AND LIES. NOW BEWARE..THEY ARE ON CRAIGSLIST AS A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY AND BOAST OF AAA RATING IN DENVER AND COLORADO SPRINGS????????????????????????? DO YOUR HOMEWORK. IF YOU HEAR K DESIGNERS OR TODD [censor] HOLE NORDRUM DON'T GO ON ANY INTERVIEWS WITH THIS PATHETIC LOSER. THEY HAVE BEEN GOING DOWN THE TOILET FOR YEARS AND HAVE NOBODY THAT WANTS TO WORK FOR THEM. THEIR ADS LIKE TODD NORDRUM IS VERY DECEPTIVE AND FRAUDULANT JUST LIKE THEY ARE. THE WHOLE PITCH IS A SCAM...DO NOT WORK FOR THEM OR EVEN INTERVIEW THEY SUCK!!!

• Ho
    Hollywood Jarhead Mar 29, 2011

At least years ago a prospective MD could go to Sacramento and get training, some of which was useful for the career you would start 1-4 weeks after you got back to your office and were ripped of by your branch manager a few times. Judson is truly so full of himself he and Mike are convinced they speak the truth (don't know if Mike is still there). Truth is a rather interesting thing to them, but here is the truth..someone who preys on the uneducated and extremely aged and vulnerable. Buy from a local contractor, buy from Home Depot or Lowes...and you will get a good deal and a fair price without the all night negotiating that goes on with the MD's.
    It is shameful that so many people have posted here and KD still props up their fake poser posters, is that you John Rosskelly?? Dishonest people run that place from stem to stern, and the time I spent there provided me a lifeboat to get on to a real career, but I am harrowed up by the few deals I did get written. Pathetic, dishonest and canibalistic on their own MD's commissions...their fate is sealed and their destiny cannot be avoided. I will also not be listing the time I spent there as a resume bullet.
    Don't go! Work local, get a part time job, move in with your mom and dad, or sell plasma and blood to the Red Cross! I also "tried to be honest" while I worked there was just no way to do it. Opportunities are out there. Contrary to KD's Stepford managers contention, you can succeed more honorably in other endeavors. If sales is in your blood, don't mix it with the toxic blood of KD. Good luck wherever you go, just don't go there!

• Ca
    Camper Van Morrison Mar 24, 2011

Hi Teri Langston, who is obviously a very stupid K-Designers employee spamming the same copy/paste response to legitimate K-Designers complaints all over the internet. So stupid that you use the same pasted text twice in the same thread. Note to dummy- If you're going to do an astroturf spam, learn how to spell the name of the company who is paying you. AND make sure that you understand why they won't let you spam the same crap, and creating another account to do it makes you and K- Designers/ US Remodelers look even more clueless about this whole newfangled "internet" thing that seems to trip you up at every turn.

• Tl
    Tlangston23 Mar 23, 2011

As a customer I thought I would throw my two cents in.
    So heres the deal.
    I came home from lunch to find my shutter hanging down- having broken and swung down and my window broken as well. We had major high gust winds that day- my area gets hit hard with them. They are called the chinooks here and can run up 90 mile per hour and above. I can't tell what happened. Did the wind break it, did the wind throw something against it, did a bird hit it, did a kid walking down the street hit it with a frisbee, what the heck happened?
    Besides this I also had some siding that had started to loose the crease "bubble"- Small piece not a huge part- probably from wind through the years that I had been dragging my feet on calling them about. Originally I bought siding and windows back in 2002. So I call them up and they come out an look at it. Window can't do much about though he did really try to get it through the warranty department they subcontract to- high winds are act of god. However he did get me a rocking deal on replacing the whole window as I priced the windows elsewhere this really was a "valued customer replacement deal". I'm not going to put the price, but it is rock bottom installment and everything NO WHERE near what I payed originally. They also replaced the shutter no charge. They replaced the whole wall where the bubble was and had their guy go over the whole house and tighten everything up again (did I mention my house gets really pounded by winds) just to make sure I have no more problems down the road.

What company does this nine years later? K Desingers.

Are they expensive? Hell yes they are, but I payed for a lifetime warranty and I got a lifetime warranty that is actually backed up not just some piece of paper not worth anything!

Larry you did me good- thank you and K Desingers!!!

Happy customer 9 years later,

Teri Langston
    Longmont, Colorado!

Teri Langston Mar 11, 2011

As a customer I thought I would put my 2 cents in since customers are reading this as well.
    So heres the deal.
    Besides this I also had some siding that had started to lose the crease or "bubble"- a small piece not a huge part- probably from wind through the years that had loosened it up and I had been dragging my feet on calling them about. Originally I bought siding and windows back in 2002. So I call them up and they come out an look at it. Window can't do much about though he did really try to get it through the warranty department they subcontract to- high winds are act of god. However he did get me a rocking deal on replacing the whole window as I priced the windows elsewhere this really was a "valued customer replacement deal". I'm not going to put the price, but it is rock bottom installment and everything NO WHERE near what I payed originally. They also replaced the shutter no change. They replaced the whole wall where the bubble was and had their guy go over the whole house and tighten everything up again (did I mention my house gets really pounded by winds) just to make sure I have no more problems down the road.

What company does this nine years later? K Desingers.

Are they expensive? Hell yes they are, but I payed for a lifetime warranty and I got a lifetime warranty that is actually backed up with good customer service not just some piece of paper not worth anything!

Larry you did me good- thank you and K Desingers!!!

Happy customer 9 years later,

Teri Langston
    Longmont, Colorado!

• Ph
    physicsguru Mar 09, 2011

I worked for them, and in reference to the people posting that if you are complaining its because you are a failure... In my first two weeks, i had 12 valids and closed 9 of them. 7 of them being good financing or cash deals... for my first month, i had the office closing record of 40% (highest in the company and highest in my branch). Everything the "failures" are posting is pretty much correct. The product is fantastic, but the work sucks and the pay is not what they promise or lead you to believe... DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. I QUIT AFTER TWO MONTHS of working 15+ hours a day at 6 days a week... thats over 80+ hours A WEEK... thats two full time jobs. I would be better off having a normal job working for 40k - 50k a year and have two of them, making the 6 figures i was told i could make for this company and not put the mileage or travel expenses into the equation... even if you do make 6 figures in this job, once you dduct the 20k - 25k a year in travel/gas/car repair/food/etc expenses, your making a lot less. RUN

• Re
    rellis Feb 27, 2011

K-Designers = U.S. Remodeling / US Remodeling!
    I was just laid off and have been searching Careerbuilder, et. al. Found a bunch of job listings for "US Remodeling" and based upon the description, I decided to send in my resume.
    Got a call back the next day from a Sacramento, CA number asking me to come in to my local office for an interview this coming Tuesday. They gave me the address (5825 West 6th, Suite 3C, Lakewood CO) but when I asked for a phone number, they said to call them back at an 800 number and they'd patch me through if I needed to talk to the local guy.
    So tonight I get curious and do an extensive web check for "US Remodeling" and "U.S. Remodeling" and strangest thing - the only hits that have anything to do with the company are for the Careerbuilder listings. Hmmmmm... No company website? No reviews or complaints? What gives?
    So then I googled the address I'd been given and guess what - it's for the local K-Designers' office.
    And everything I see on their website, and have read on this site, matches perfectly with the description I was given on the phone of what "U.S. Remodeling" supposedly does.
    So, moral of the story is - If you're contacted by, or interested in, U.S. Remodeling, just search for K-Designer instead. And beware.

• La
    larryjudsonisnuts Feb 10, 2011

they also will no longer hire female sales reps so add discrimination to the list

• Fo
    Former KD Guy Feb 09, 2011

K-D offers a great product and it provides tens of thousands of satisfied customers. If the customers drive a bargain, they will get one. Just like cars, houses, and anything else of value, it is done by negotiation, which is foreign to some Americans and many unsuccessful sales people. I disagree with all of the negative posters in this forum about the employment experience. The disagreement is from the MD perspective. It is a difficult position and not many will succeed. That's why they run so many people through training. The training and experience they offer is phenomenal if you use it in selling products to people that want those products. The problem is that you have to have people that actually want what you sell and KD finds few of them to send you to as an appointment. It's like selling ice to Eskimos, except for the very few that are interested in what is being offered. The MD position is questionably an Independent Contractor position and everything might work well for the majority of these former contractors if the MD position was an employee position with all expenses paid. But it is not. It might even be better for the company, but they don't believe so. That' what a prospective employee should know before accepting the position. Like anything else that pays well, it requires education, work, training, practice and a positive attitude. Then you need to do your own marketing!!! Why rely on their call center if you don't like the results? It's your own business. After reading these posts, is it a wonder why almost 98% of all small/independent businesses fail in America

satisfiedwithk-designers Jan 25, 2011

I'm not sure why most people feel that the internet is the best forum to voice their opinions. K-Designers runs a very ethical business organization and YES it does ask for the order while your in the home...this is a good thing, how many times do you really want to visit a customer and not make a single dime? With the amount of leads you run and territory you cover nobody could ever get back to visit these customers or volunteer to drive hours to get to them. The sales approach is very consultive and offers a great product at a good value. Try and find most contractors to come back and take care of a customer like K-Designers...if they are still in business. As for Todd Nordrum, he is one of the hardest working men I have met in the industry. Yes people succeed and fail in this business, nobody will work harder to help make you successful as Todd, I can't ever remember when any of my other employers would answer their phone at 9pm to help provide a customer information and help me put a deal together. Todd has helped develop my sales abilities and provide new opportunities to me no different than he has help develop and promote other managers in the company. If you were unsuccessful at K-Designers its most likely your own doing, K-Designers provides you a proven sales program, leads and the tools to be successful...if it was quick and easy money there would be line out the front door to get a job with them. Success takes time (more than 2 days) to start bringing in commissions. I wish there were more managers like Todd Nordrum, he takes a genuine interest in everyone who works for him. My suggestion to those that have concerns with workmanship, please contact the regional office that installed your project...I assure you will get a faster response than trying to go through any national customer service department, this is true with any business. For all the negative on the internet I felt it was important to share a positive comment for a company that has had a positive influence on my professional career.

K-Design Fail Dec 13, 2010

I'm currently a customer of the K-Designers. They promised noise dampening and temperature controlling windows. They failed.
    My windows were replaced in my whole house and I thought it was a bit pricey, but I figured it would be worth it. It's not.
    Further more, I've spoken with customer service who promised to send someone out immediately. That was two months ago.
    I was on the phone for 45 minutes today when someone finally answered just to say "Sorry. I was meaning to hang up." and then did. I called back, managed to get a live person who sent me to a different phone number that was only a recording promising that if I left the nature of my call and phone number, they'd get back to me. So far, silence.
    I've decided to take this viral and start a negative Facebook campaign on them. I encourage other disgruntled customers to do the same.
    Good luck to those of you who tried and were duped. Can anyone say 'Class Action Suit"? I'm game if you are. kineticme3 at g mail dot com

kdesingnerssucksmy nuts Nov 18, 2010

They suck and they are the BIGGEST RIPOFF TODAY! TODD NORDRUM AND LARRY JUDSON ARE SLEAZY LYING CHEATS SO IS THEIR [censor] HOLE VP .THEY ALL LIE THE HR [censor] SYLVIA TO THEIR PAYROLL DEPT. THEY SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE HEAD CLOSE RANGE!!!