Just Fitness 4UDeceptive Business Practices

A

Beware of the deceptive business practices with this gym. You may think you are getting a great deal with their $8-$10 monthly membership claim but I found out the hard way if it sounds too good to be true it is! I joined the Parker Rd location b/c of it's close proximity to my house, plus it was a new gym with a cardio cinema and rackball courts. Within months of joining, I showed up one day and it was closed. A sign on the door said memberships would be honored at the Coit Rd location across town. No notification or email...just closed. The $8 deal was really 24 months paid in advance and the club I joined closed w/in 3 months. Now I can't cancel since until the my membership is near expiration and then there is a $75 fee to cancel and if I don't cancel within 30 days of the expiration (which isn't until 2015) the membership auto renews. The people at the gym will not help, they just refer you to their "billing company" ABC Financial. I have never been able to talk to a real person, just get a voice mail. You can email and they will respond with a generic response. There are too many other reputable and professional alternatives in Plano. Try 24 Hour Fitness, LA Fitness, Golds Gym or Lifetime Fitness. These may be a little more a month but you get what you pay for and most of them are month to month with no contracts.