Jomashopnot trustworthy!

T

I purchased an $1, 800.00 Baume and Mercier watch (msrp 3, 990.00) from Jomashop on April 5th of this year. The watch never ran correctly from day one. I kept it in a watch winder, and every time I would take it out to wear (all of 3 times) the time was off by days (it was a date chronometer) and when you tried to use the chronograph it stopped the watch, just did not work properly. Now this is not a timex, it is a superior quality watch, which I paid a good amount of money for. First of all, Jomashop says they will honor every price on line and beat it. This watch was selling for about 400 cheaper on Amazon and Jomashop would not honor the price. I should have stopped there, and purchased from Amazon a company that never gives me problems on returns. I sent this watch back to Jomashop less than a month later, and they email me and tell me it has to be repaired and I may not see this watch for 6 to 8 weeks. WHAT? That watch is not even a month old! Maybe the darn thing is a fake? I never heard of such a thing. I then tell the guy that I am a watch collector and that the watch is defective. The *** then tells me that if that is the case they will replace the whole movement. Who wants a 4, 000.00 watch with a replaced movement in it that is not even one month old! Thank God I purchased this watch using my American Express Gold Card. I now have a claim on it and they are working on getting my money back. Jomashop has always sold me great authentic watches, and seemingly went out of their way to please me, but this is rediculous. I am now shaking in my boots that one of the other watches I purchased from them may break! If they do? I will just take to my jeweler and pay for it. You see, Jomashop warranties the watches they sell, not the manufacturerer, which tells me they are not authorized dealers. BAD NEWS< STAY AWAY FROM JOMASHOP.COM!

• Le
    Leofio Feb 29, 2020

The watch is less than 6 months old . It has been serviced 2-times for the same problems . I called Oris and it turns out that's Jomashop sells their defective items for a discounted price . ORIS advised not to purchase their product from the Jomashop online store .
    The Oris I purchased is a used defective item and I want my money refunded .

• Wa
    Watchbuyersb Jul 16, 2017

Ordered a Dior VIII. The links had glue in the pins so they couldn't be removed. The authorized dealer told me that they clearly sold me a used watch. No customer service or resolution from Jomashop. Their emails that I get every week are so nice but it turns out that it was a complete fraud in my case. Should have gone to an authorized dealer in person when buying such a large ticket item. I learned my lesson!

• Di
    Disappointed Jomashop Customer May 04, 2017

I purchased a Gucci Women's Twirl watch from Jomashop and the time telling dial or actual watch works fell out of the bracelet band after only being worn a few times. Jomashop refused any help at all to replace or repair the defective watch and only referrred me to Gucci.

Gucci said Jomashop is not an authorized seller of their product and would honor no warranty either. Jomashop is very deceptive and offers a worthless warranty of their products which, at least the Gucci ones, they are not authorized to sell.

Comments

• Vi
    Victor A Sep 14, 2016

LOLOLOL

Reading the comments and reviews makes me understand a few things;
    A, This platform is full of cry babies who do not know a thing or two about watches.
    B, Write a review ONLY if you overdramatized your issue so you can get some attetinst from the other cry babies here
    C, NEVER write my experience here, i did have an issue but WOW i wil not write it here !!

I want a resolution, not to be seen as crazy as the reviews here!

• Ca
    Carlos Coronado Aug 30, 2016

Dealing with Jomashop has been my biggest mistake. I ordered a Seiko automatic. I received the watch today with the second hand off place. Could you believe they sent me a watch with second hand flying all over inside the face. I am a watch collector and I have seen such a ridiculous thing like this in my whole life. I immediately called them and they asked me to send them a picture of the watch. So I did and was told they would send me some paperwork and a return label by the end of the day's work. They already closed and I never received anything return label. I've never been so disappointed as I am now with these people. Folks out there be careful when doing business with Jomashop. Don't let they fool you by cheap prices they have on watches. I don't think they're authentic but rather fake watches. Now I will have to call my credit card company to see how I can get my credit back and I will forget about this damned company for good. Behind a cheap item there must be a defective item. That's what they do, I think.

• Ke
    kent duong Dec 25, 2015

I purchased a men's Cartier Tank for $2650 and added another $9.95 for 2 days shipment guaranteed arrival before X-mas. I received the watch and opened to see if it worked. It turned out to be the most horrible Xmas I had. The watch is an automatic and it never worked even after shakes and multiple times of winding. I quickly went online to file for a return and multiple calls. Only to hear that I would receive an email for the return authorization number but I never did after two days of wait. I am now going to call my credit card company and will file a case to the BBB.
    NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY.

• Da
    Dan BJ Sep 18, 2014

Happened to me too! Purchased an Omega Coaxial from them for 6.4K, after 3 months stop working sent it back for repair now is more then 3 month in their hands. I am calling weekly and the routine I get to my question "when is my watch going to be fixed" is "we dont have any information yet, may be next week!" At Joma Shop "discounted watches" means you get what you pay for...

• Ri
    Riggun Dec 08, 2011

Purchased a Baume and Mercier Riviera. Watch never worked right from day one. I sent it back and they told me I can't get a replacement.

Comment Guidelines