Jetblue — failure to issue refund
On 1/25/15 due to winter storm Juno I had to purchase two new tickets to avoid a weather cancellation. I changed the flight from 1/27/15 to 1/26/15 from JFK to Long Beach, CA. For two people this cost me $1409.76.
jetBlue’s web page on 1/25/15 stated: Due to Winter Storm Juno we will waive change/cancel fees and fare differences for customers traveling on Monday, January 26, 2015 through January 27, 2015 to/from the following cities: New York, NY (JFK).
The original tickets were bought for me as a gift on a different credit card. The new ticket was purchased by me.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Long Island City, NY Getting a refund has been a humiliating experience, holding on the phone for extended periods several different times, being made promises that were not fulfilled, and unprofessional rude supervisors telling me no are just part of the story.
I received $944.88 and was told the $464.88 remainder was put on the original ticket buyer’s credit card. I do not want to ask the gift giver to give me back the money. They will not make the correction or a goodwill credit.
I have been flying with jetBlue since year 2000 and have never been treated with disdain and contempt until now. Another time I needed a refund and it was difficult but nevertheless accomplished.
More Jetblue Complaints & Reviews
- Jetblue - allianz travel insurance 
- Blue Jet Diplomatic Service - swindler's organization 
- Jetblue - jetblue hates business travellers 
- Jetblue Airways - $295 ticket costs $100 to cancel 
- Jetblue - want my cancellation fee refunded
- Jetblue Airways - flight 787 on 5/26/17
- Jetblue Airways - jetblue vacations
- Jetblue Airways - air flight cancelled.
- Jetblue - they hide available credit till it expires 
- Jetblue - bad attitude horrible service