Jack LaLanne/Power JuicerPoor Customer Service

J Review updated:

I ordered Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer, which was shipped on 1-4-08. At the time of this order, I was asked repeatedly if I wanted additional items, i.e. Jack LaLanne's recipe book, booster powder, etc. I repeatedly advised that I wanted only the Juicer, but I did order the recipe book. The booster powder was offered at $1 plus shipping. I stated that I would try it, but again I stressed that I only wanted the Juicer. It was my understanding that this conversation was recorded.

Today, Feb 5, 2008, I find that I am charged for a shipment of power booster powder, but I have not received it. Upon calling the company, [protected], I so advised the rep that I did not want the powder. I further stated that I wanted the $33.98 charge reversed. The rep advised that he would stop future shipments, but he could not reverse the charge until I returned the shipment that had already been sent. At first, the rep refused to review the taping of the original order confirmation. When I asked to speak with his manager, the rep refused by saying that I would be tying up his line for incoming calls from other customers. I advised that I, too, was a customer, and I had an issue that I wanted to be resolved. I repeatedly advised the rep that I did not want the power booster powder, and I had advised the original rep of this.

The rep did put me on hold, and after 20-25 minutes, he returned back on line to inform me that he was being told to disconnect the call as he was getting into trouble. I apologized that my persistence was causing him a problem, but I wanted to speak with a manager, who apparently was too busy to speak with me. At this point, a female, who refused to give her name, got on line and stated that she was hanging up the phone as it had been 30 minutes.
I told this female that I wish to hold; if she hung up the phone, I would then place a complaint on internet regarding their service. This female then interpreted this statement as a threat, and she hung up the phone. My attempts to call the company back were futile as the greeting recording, which wanted to sell more items, kept disconnecting.

Very poor customer service!

• Ke
    Ken Sherry Mar 17, 2008

I agree with the Power Boster SCAM. I am still receiving booster powder the last 2 months. I never agreed to the powder. My credit card was billed twice until I called my credit company. I am waiting for a refund. This advertisement is a SCAM from Jack Lalanne. Very surprised.

Customer Service very poor.

• Pe
    Pete Gavalas May 08, 2008

We too did not order the Power Booster product but they sent it anyway and billed us for it.Whe refused the shipment and had it returned which they admitt receiveing back. Going on 3 months later we are still waiting for a credit.never again will I buy a Jack LaLane product, it is a scam as far as I am concerned.

jo Jul 17, 2008

I too order the juicer with one payment to get the special. the rep wanted 10.00 more because we were paying one payment . Not what the web site says . I didnt want to order online so we called with the info . Now i got the juicer but the special didnt come with it . I called 3 times and they telling me i cant get it because i called and didnt order it on line . I dont use cr cards on line . I look into bbb to file and they cant even find the Co. LOL What a joke So i told them i would send it back . No big deal to them !! I did also get the booster for 1 dollar and called right away to cancell . We will see on that as i see what you all wote . I really want to file a complaint, can anyone help me on that ?

• Ba
    babs Oct 30, 2008

I ordered a PowerJuicer on October 13. They debited my credit card on October 13. I have been waiting for 3 weeks now and am told that UPS has returned the PowerJuicer to the distribution center because the PowerJuicer agent entered the wrong last name and address! They certainly spelled my name right to debit my credit card.

PowerJuicer's customer service (if you call it that) is extremely ineffective. I have had dozens of calls now with the PowerJuicer customer service whose reps have blamed everyone else—UPS, me, their own management, the shipping department. It is endless. Everything except fix the problem.

On Wednesday, October 15 they sent an e-mail stating they were sending the juicer to my right address and name. Then I was notified that I must call UPS and give them my correct name and address. UPS said it changes had to come from Power Juicer distribution center in Sparks, Nevada.

It is now been 3 weeks and I was told it would be about two or three more. The product is being shipped back and forth between Nevada and Dallas. Could someone in inthe PowerJuicer organization get this mess straightened out? Customers should not be treated this way. They don't care.

Attempts to get to management were futile. "They are busy with customers" is the favorite reply. Then they hang up

UPS service people were marvelous. They were willing to (1) understand the problem, (2) source the scope and tracking problems, (3) apologize and give me a name and number to call. Unfortunately your representatives only have excuses and a really, really poor attitude. I asked for a supervisor and was told that they were “too busy.” I gave my phone number (again) for them to call, but of course no one called.

What a stupendous customer service fiasco. It is hard to believe that such poor skills are tolerated in your organization or your call centers.

If your founder ever knew of this poor service, he’d be grieved.

I will be reporting this customer abuse to anyone and everyone who will listen.

Joan Fisher Jan 05, 2009

On November 24, 2008, my mother ordered per her Select Visa Card the Power Juicer Deluxe as a Christmas Gift. It was shipped via UPS on November 28, 2008, but was lost in transit and was never received. Per several calls to track this package via your customer service line, I was lied to over and over and told specifically on Dec. 11th that the package was in Hudson, New York and that I should expect my juicer to be delivered any day. According to UPS, their was no movement on my shipment as of December 4th, and the package was listed as being in Bedford, Illinois, not even in New York State. UPS customer service admitted the package was lost per my last call to them on December 30th. My UPS customer service agent was extremely upset with your Customer Service Representative for telling me there was nothing wrong with my shipment and that is was in Hudson, New York. She stated that your customer service representative should have immediately filed a claim with UPS to further track my shipment.

Another call was placed on December 30th to your customer service representative to inform her of my lost shipment and to assure that a stoppage on my mother's Visa credit card for non-receipt of merchandise be
    issued immediately. I was told that a stoppage of funds could not occur and that failure of my mother to pay for her non-received merchandise would result in her Visa bill going into collections. I was furious and immediately contacted VISA Select and their Disputes Dept. I informed VISA of what had transpired and they stated that your customer service representative was incorrect in saying that my account would go into collections for lost merchandise. VISA Select required my Tracking Number and Order Number for the Juicer and has now put a block on any future charges from your company and will deal with your company directly to resolve this matter.

In the meantime, I personally ordered the Elite Power Juicer at the one-time payment fee in order to take advantage of the special offer which included accessories with the machine. I did receive this juicer, but received a white
    top, vs. the black and stainless steel design pictured on the website. I did not receive all of the accessories as promised. However, at this point, I am so disgusted with the many screw ups by your company and representatives, that I will pay for this product and not incurr the expense of shipping it back to your company.

As someone who deals with the general public on a daily basis, I am highly disappointed and outraged with www.powerjuicer.com and its customer service reps. I do not feel that you represent the product of such a icon as Jack Lalanne in a professional and efficient manner. I will never do business with your company or website again and will not recommend you to friends and colleagues who wish to purchase Jack LaLanne products.

• Es
    Established Jan 15, 2009

We bought the Pro Juicer, it got here two days late, no big deal so no complaint, have had it for 12 weeks, it is great until 7 week into ownership the motor would just stop intermittently. Finally called and we shouldve called sooner as a 60 moneyback/replacement policy was over. HOWEVER, they did ship us a new motor, we'll see if it gets here on time, but I have to say when this machine is running it is awesome. We never got asked about any Booster Powder, so maybe these complaints have had an affect towards the upsell policies.

• Fo
    FormerCustomerSrvceAgent Aug 07, 2009

These front line sales agents that you call are given a script. They are not allowed to deviate from the script.
    When you want to order these products, the BEST way to do so is to have someone find it on the internet FOR YOU and look through all the terms, conditions and offers there. Otherwise you are screwed when it comes to ordering anything over the phone.

These companies use LiveOps representatives who take these calls. These agents don't have any means to transfer you to customer service and they are contractually forced to give you all the company's pushy upsells for mere cents on the dollar made per hour. Sadly, the only way you can deal with this is IF you do call to place your order, you must tell them that if they offer you another product, you will hang up or cancel your order completely. "I will cancel my order if you offer me anything else" are the magic words. These agents know all you want is the product, they hate the upsells as well. . . but the company refuses to take these calls on their own and simply put the brunt of the frustrated customers on the agents.

Always ask for the company's customer service line when you complete these phone calls as well. This allows you to have a number to contact the REAL folks in power.

• Fl
    Flora Van Orden Sep 11, 2010

Last year, order #21582-2009-08126-550, I Flora Van Orden, ordered two juicers, awhite one for $99.80 and another PJPro Refurb Basic 3-00130-1 for 49.99. When I got the latter, it was stainless steel and it was so poorly packaged that the nose had been bent and plastic was broken on the top. I sent it back in the proper packing that the white one had come in, and received another which was also broken. I sent it back after much conversation with the people and have never received a replacement. I'm out $50. They sent me a prepaid return for the first juicer, but nothing for the second. The return reason code was 02 that I got over the phone. I would like for someone to look in their storage room for a stainless steel juicer that was reconditioned, from Flora Van Orden, to be sent to 25 S. Krome Avenue in Homestead, FL 33030. I was assured, since the juicers were ordered for each of our afterschool programs for Haitian and Latino childrens to have juices for their snacks instead of junk food, that the juicer would be sent quickly. I am thinking about writing or calling the BBB or Consumers Report if I don't get it before a year is up. My phone number is 305-248-5404 and my address is 1280 S. Franklin Avenue, Unit E, Homestead, FL 33034 which is a secure mail box. I sent it to 500 Returns Road in Wallingford, CT 06495. I think Jack, if he's still alive, would be most unhappy that the children are not able to benefit from one of the two juicers that our non-profit agency the Coalition of Florida Farmworker Organizations, Inc. (COFFO) needs to have.

• Jw
    jwglst Nov 15, 2010

I received the stainless steel power juicer as a gift and it never worked ( the motor was bad) I had to pay 59.99 for a new motor on my credit card.. hope the new motor works, if not I will throw the juicer into the garbage...stinks having to pay for a gift for myself...

• Wc
    WCFastabend Mar 02, 2011

The irony of the term "customer service" is offensive! I placed an order on Feb 10, 2011 in honor of Jacks' passing. The BOGO offer I placed was duplicated and I called to correct this issue. During the phone conversation I had with customer service agent "Kris" I repeated several times that I only wanted two juicers and he repeated back that the issue was corrected and that my cancellation number was my order number #21582-2011-06462-019 . Well when the packages arrived I was shocked to find I recieved four (4) juicers. I really should have looked at this complaint site before doing anything! My new bill shows additional charges that will be posted on my credit card along with the $79.96 nonrefundable postage which was twice what I agreed to. I called the customer service to sort this mess out the first three times I was disconnected before reaching a human, "Lisa" who kept saying that I was breaking up and she could not hear me. (No one I talked to spoke English as a first language) I asked if she could call me back so I would not have to explain everything to another person... but I must have been breaking up so badly that our connection was lost... she hung up on me! (customer dis-service). I called back and got an operator (who sounded just like "Kris" that I said that I talked to him earlier but this he denied ) and said his name was "Ronnie". "Ronnie" was able to blame me for every thing that went wrong with my order and made me feel as if I am to blame for much more! That yes I ordered 4 juicers and that I should just pay my bill and enjoy the product. I returned the 2 extra juicers and hoe to settle this out of court. I am out of pocket the $39.97 shipping to me the product that I cancelled and the $54.78 I paid UPS to return the product that I cancelled and now I still have two more credit card payments of $94.62 left for product I did not want and sent back.

• Fl
    Flora Van Orden Mar 02, 2011

I'm still waiting for my student's 2nd juicer to be returned to the Coalition of Florida Farmworkers Organization at 21 S. Krome Avenue in Homestead, FL 33030. The stainless steel one arrived with the 'nose drip' protector smashed & a piece broken off of the top & I sent it back & haven't seen the replacement in over 2 years. What is going on? The white plastic one works well to make juice at one site, but we have 35 other students who need their juicer, which was all paid for & the man told me it would be replaced quickly. There must be a great turnover at their office, but who runs the show to make sure that the customers are supplied? Dr. Flora

Robbie stark Mar 04, 2011

I would like to talk to a real person! After entering all the numbers on the phone I was disconnected. I was sent material that I did not order and charged $9.99. I want this stopped immediately. All other orders will be refused.

Robbie stark Mar 04, 2011

I am being sent material that I don't want. If I checked the option to receive this it was by mistake. I want it stopped immediately. I will keep the one that came but will refused any further mailings.

PS: Love the juicer!

Robbie stark Mar 04, 2011

I just hate the telephone system...I want to talk to a live person,

no more comments!

CherylBurnett Mar 26, 2011

I am now a member of this group! I recently ordered a power juicer on Feb. 6, 2011...stupid me...I ordered only 1 and was sent 3. My bill was $499.16! Can you guess what happened? That's right, the customer rep, who couldn't even speak clear English, told me they would have to wait 7-10 business days to listen to the recording. Well, it was over 20 days before I received a response. They told me I had ordered 4 not just 1. Who the H---needs 4 juicers???? I have called the BBB in New Jersey, the news channels, my bank, as well as the Federal Trade Commission. We need to put this crazy business, Tristar Products, out of business. Why are they allowed to scam and swindle people? I am mortified that businesses like this are allowed to sell products. Who can help me? Jack Lalane must be turning over in his grave!!! The juicer does work well, though.

Mary Lou Johnson Jun 06, 2012

I ordered Parts Kit #2 on April 4, 2012. It is now June 6th...they sent me a Pkg. on May 19th with contained two unit tops and one Pusher. Not PARTS KIT #2. When I called, Marcia apologized and said she would send out the correct parts right away. I asked her to repeat back to me the parts I needed (just to be sure she had it right) you guessed it, she had it WRONG. I was fuming. What is so difficult about a PKG. containing 3 parts, named Kit #2 being sent to a customer. I just called last week, again and the customer service "kid" I spoke with was, again, the most arrogant, narcissistic, self-serving ### I've ever spoken with in my life. (No, he runs a close second to the ignorant, know-it-alls at Mediacom) I still do not have the parts and he seemed almost gratified when he informed me my order was still PENDING DELIVERY? Most companies send out their shipments in five to seven days. What kind of Management team would allow such travesties to take place in their Company. Have they no pride in the Jack LaLanne Juicer Company that their reps can be so dis-respectful toward customers? Do they want to go out of business or are they so sure of themselves, they just don't care> Have you ever tried to contact an executive, suervisor, manager at this company? If you have, and gotten through, please let me know how and who you talked with. [email protected]

• Ne
    Newgirl101 Jun 20, 2012

After reading this I will not be ordering a replacement blade for my juicer. I love my power juicer but I guess I will get the Breville instead of replacing the blade. I did try to call the company but it is all automated and you don't get to actually speak to a person so I can't imagine what would happen if I paid for a new blade and then didn't get my product. Thank you for protecting me from a big mistake. I will just get a new Breville juicer.

• Je
    jewel_ Jan 20, 2013

I agreed to the 30 day trial for only $14.95 and placed an order online. A few days later, I noticed the my credit card was charged for the full amountf of $149.97.I thought about keeping the product anyways but after reading these reviews...I plan on returning to sender asap! The millions of pop ups that offered "add-ons" was also done unto me. Also, a day later, I noticed that my credit card had another unauthorized charge of $29.87 by an unknown "MICHAEL W DOYLE PC HEYBURN" (check your bank statements people).

• Li
    Lindalucky Jun 15, 2018

Poor customer service, the following e-mail never acknowledged.
    June 6, 2018

To Whom It May Concern,
    I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the poor service I received when I called your Customer Service line on June 4, 2018.

I was recently gifted the Jack Lalanne ( Ultimate) Power Juicer. However the pusher was slightly damaged and I wanted to find out how I could get a replacement.

Although the staff was generally polite they seem to lack basic product knowledge or have some vague understanding of procedures. I was initially advised to call Wal – Mart for a replacement in spite of advising the product was not purchased there. When transferred to a Supervisor she was not sure if or when the product would be available and seemed to think it might be discontinued. She suggested I contact you with my concerns so that I could find a resolution.

I have been a satisfied customer of your company for many years and this is the first time I have encountered a problem. I did not expect to encounter this degree of difficulty finding an answer.

Finally, what I want is a replacement so that I can use the machine. I look forward to your immediate reply. I also look forward to a quick resolution so I can continue to recommend this product to friends and family.

Please Note: e-mail sent to [email protected] also [email protected] (incorrect and returned "subsystem failure"

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices