The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Intercape — poor service & payment facility
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Be aware when you pay for a Intercape bus trip online with your credit card in South Africa. The money is deducted from your bank account, however you will be unable to get on board the bus if you do not have your credit card with you.
Despite having my identity card and drivers licence when attempting to board the bus, the driver informed me I needed the credit card which was used to purchase the bus ticket. However as I did not have the card on me, boarding would be denied and I would be fully refunded.
However after several calls to the Intercape complaints department I established Intercape will not refund any money and would not offer a voucher or complementary travel ticket instead.
The credit card transaction was completed on the day prior to travelling.
In my opinion Intercape operates an inferior payment and bus service. The buses are regularly more than 30 minutes late (Their terms & conditions ensure the company is not liable for anything ) Intercape changes the services offered online after the booking is confirmed, while the Intercape lost luggage liability does not exceed R.50 per consignment (which is a joke!)
I strongly advise using an alternative bus company.
More Intercape Complaints & Reviews
- Intercape - horrific experience
- Intercape - bad service
- Intercape - not considering the passengers
- Intercape - I missed my bus but t&cs on the ticket do not state my ticket will be forfeited
- Intercape Bus - cancellation of ticket without confirmation
- Intercape - toilet water on the floor : intercape bus
- Intercape - unprofessional service
- Intercape - ticket service
- Intercape - unmet transaction
- Intercape - aircon