Complaints & Reviews

Intercapebad bus drivers

Me and a friend travelled with Intercape on the 17th of April 2014 and returned the 24th of April 2014. We travelled from Klerksdorp to PE 19:45 and come back from PE to Klerksdorp around 16h00. We really had bad drivers that had to really break to stop at stop signs and traffice lights. Also not very friendly drivers and very unprofessional. When we went the drivers also just threw his rubbish on the gras outside and when we came back when the driver loaded he threw the papers of the tags on the road while he was putting the tags on the suitcases. There is bags on the busses for the rubbish so I do not see why they have to litter. And they have pockets for the paper of the tags where they can just put it in till they can throw it away.

I always used to travel with Intercape years back and always had such good service, friendly drivers and hostess and never had to pray the whole to just arrive safely cause of bad driving. I was very disappointed to find out how in only a few years the services had gone so bad.

And as it is a Christian company I feel even more disappointed. As the things they do do not represent Christ.

And as I was also travelling with a friend from England, what a bad name it gives to SA. She also told me she is so glad she didn't travel alone cause she never would have know where to get off. Cause they never announce every stop, so you can know which place your in and if it is the stop you should get off at.

masisi May 18, 2014

Intercape hostesses are rude not everyone enjoys the cold fan especially in winter. I kindly asked her to turn it off and switch on the heater yho she laughed at me and walked away. I am freezing cold

Intercapearrogant employees

I was suppose to board an intercape bus from ptretoria to durban at 9:30am this morning (7/12/13).I was at the bus station ny 9:00.A bus came to collect passangers atabt 9:15, I was seated outside the intercape offices because it was full inside.When the passangers started boarding I approached the hostess and asked her if the bus was gping to Durban and which passangers was it picking up meaning da 9:00 or the 9:30 passangers.She answered that yes it was going to Durban but it was for the 9:00 passangers only.So I went bavk and took a seat and continued waiting.At 10:00 I realised it has been 30 minutes and the bus has not yet arrived, I went to ask about the bus from a young gentleman who is an intercape employee and was loading luggage on a bus thay was said to be going to Cape town.He told me the bus had left at 9:30.I was shocked, he told me to go inside and ask the ladies at the counter if there is any arrangement that can be done.I explained what had happened to a light skinned lady who told me theres nothing that she can do I should catch the gautrain ti Park station amd it was already 10:15 and she said the bus leaves at 11:00.I was very upset, because I did not understand why I had to run around and get private transport and chase the bus, and she was not sympathetic at all, she then stood up and left.The ypung lad tried to help me saying I must board on the bus going to Cape town and they will drop me off in Park station but it was already late the bus was going to leave at 11:00 going to Durban.I then asked for a refund so that I can rebook with another bus line so that I can make it to Durban for my mothers birthday party.Another lady was asked to assist me, she immediately told me I must be lying, how can the bus leave me alone, the hostess would not lie to me, and she is sure I came late and im making up a lie.I was soo upset, she embarrased me infront of other customers, calling me a lier even when I discribed the hostess to her.After that I asked her to call the hostess of which she did and the hostess denied ever talking to me and said that she had spoken to alot of people.I then cancelled the ticket and got a voucher which is 45% less than the purchase price.I am nt against human error of which the hostess might have made but insulting me infront of people and the hostess denying we haf such a conversion, is rude, arrogant and unproffesional.I do not want to use an intercape bus ever again, I want my full booking fee back because it was not my fault that I got left behind.I would really appreciate it if you would consider my complaint and ensue that such treatment is not given to any other customer.Looking forward to hearing from you

• Pr
        primrose mkhize Jul 25, 2016

Afternoon intercape we book a bus yesterday in durban to midrand, we were using bus number 152 8t left durban at 11:hoo they only stop at montrose mind when you go to the rest room you find que when you go and buy refreshments you find the bus left us there 8t stop at a T junction and the driver was very rude and he insulted us 8n a bad way.please improve your customer service to your drivers .it was very unfair for as we had run for the bus thinking about our luggages.this happened on the 25 July 2016

Intercapebad service

I was travelling from Durban to Pretoria on 16 October 2013 on the 21:00 bus. I could not sleep a wink as the environment was too cold from the ridiculously cold airconditioner. After numerous attempts to request adjustments to the airconditioner, our "hostess" BONGI met me with a response that smacks of insolence. Furthermore there was no water in the toilet sink, what is this?!?, a shebeen? I'm sure even shebeens enjoy better facilities. I travel frequently with the bus in between these two destinations and I choose to travel with Intercape due to the Christian values it professes. If respect and excellent customer service is not one of your core values then I suggest you step out of the service business. It is not for your company!!

Intercapemajor time delay issue

Good day
        I would like to lodge a major complaint against intercape and I am very more angry than upset at their timing schedule that they arrive

If a bus is showing on computicket as a certain time then the bus should be there at arrival at that certain time not 2hours later...and this is not the first time this happened...its no use coming in late and saying sorry about it, that really doesn't help at all...people have to be at a certain place at a certain time...that is why they booked that available bus...different case if there was traffic maybe half hour delay maximum due to traffic..but if the office is trying to contact the bus driver or copilot they should answer their phone or check in with 24hour tracking system...not leave the customer in the dark...and secondly their check in system is all messed up...firstly they check that the lines are all in order then they check the tickets at the building door, then at the already delayed bus they check tickets at the bus door then they check the tickets inside the bus by 2 more people, I mean come on...firstly the lines should be arranged such that they be in order...check in should be done at the bus door...that should be it...nothing more...they should get their acts together and work systematically, that is really insane, this is the first time and last I'm taking intercape and I'm not the only 1 that's not taking this bus in future...this email should in fact go to the director or managers eyes for him to see what's really going with this service...url call urself a luxury liner...doesn't mean that that you have to take your own luxury time to arrive.please fix this issue of late arrivals or I will...

Kevin

Intercapelate bus no communication

You could have at least sent an SMS. I am not sure if it's because the bus is going to Zimbabwe but we have been for almost two hours for a bus that should have left at 1pm to Harare. It is now 2:46pm no one has said anything. I called the intercape office at 1pm and was promised the bus would arrive in 30mins but alas, I am still sitting in stinking Park station With a four month old baby with NO explanation from ANYONE! How appalling intercape. HOW APALLING!

Christine Azevedo Feb 02, 2013

My 80 year old Grandparents were on the Intercape bus 2 days ago. They left Bulawayo Zimbabwe at 4pm, arrived at the Beit Bridge border at 7pm and the Bus broke down. They only left the border at 6am on a "rescue bus" which took 12 hours to travel from beit Bridge to Jo'burg. The air con wasnt working, neither were the toilets, and the music was so loud on the bus that my gran had a splitting headache. All my gran's medication that was due to be taken by 9am was in her suitacase, and she was only able to take it the following evening. No one has given us as much as an apology, and we would like to know what we can do about this situation. In Zimbabwe there are laws protecting Pensioners, what laws does South Africa have in this regards? O

Intercapebelieve abuse... warning fundamentalist views-needed

Besides the 3hr delays in the Grahamstown - Cape Town leg, things happen, the return trip was an ear opener. Whatever happened to ones right of one’s own religion or non-religion? The entertainment space was occupied by relentless and sanctimonious drivel from start to finish. The trip opened with a tacky prayer and the video selection had a cheesy mid-west story line with a church theme interspersed as this was with much Jesus talk. If this wasn't enough, this was followed by a plug for the "surfers" who were making inroads in signing up new members in the South African hinterland, an area of untapped opportunity. What horror! Leave our ears and minds alone on these trips please. This was torture. I will never again take the fundamentalist mainliner unless I've a gun to my head. Question is. Do we push for firing the driver if hwe chooses the "entertainment" or do we fire the company?

• De
                DezWeeks Oct 02, 2012

Its Belief Abuse . . . Warning needed on bus- "Fundamentalist views"

Intercapebad experience

I booked the bus from Midrand to Cape Town, Firstly bus was delayed and broke down twice before departing from Park station< had a problem with its gears once we were on the road. They could not serve refreshments as urn was broken, toilet door lock brocken and Tv broken, no system to talk to passengers hostess has to shout, hence the amount you have to pay for such bad service, the staff advise you as a passenger they have to make the busses get to there destination at any cost, top management dont want to know about deteriorating busses. we then stuck with out diesel ouside worcester as the guage is faulty, had to wait an hour for a coach from bellville

busdriver

On the 20th Oct 2011, 7.05am in the morning, U24 which stop at jln Genting Klang.I was working 8am shift today n i was siting inside the bus for 30mins without any moving!!!the driver park his bus there waiting for more passenger, i get into the bus at 7.05am n the driver start to drive at 7.35am after 30mins waiting time!and after he start to move the bus, traffic was jam due too the peak hour in the morning!!!i was getting late and the bus was full of people inside just like a ''saddin can''!! Obviously the driver is very greedy to earn more money for his company but he never think of his passenger! Everyone was rushing time for work & study, n i was end up wit running early in the morning n without breakfast to work!this is an unpleasant experience i ever had!Hope the Rapid KL company will see my post & do something about this issue, together with the driver on duty today!

• Sv
                    svacation04 Nov 24, 2013

Sundance vacation comprises of a highly skilled team of professional planners who have several years of experience in dealing with all types of customers and providing them with the best travel opportunities. Till now it has fulfilled the desires and choices of a wide range of customers. Vacations can be fun and you can enjoy cherishing moments by getting in touch with the best service providers in the industry. In the recent years, Sundance has earned a huge name in the market by delivering outstanding services to the tourists and travelers. It has also received several awards for rendering exotic services to the travelers and contributing in creating a nationwide economy

• On
                    ONKE Dec 10, 2013

My family had respect for the Intercape buses up until their poor service and greediness. They just don't care about their customers at all all they care about is the profits they make. Its the festive season and the rates went up but because it was within our family we always travel with intercape but that relationship ended the past weekend.

I bought a ticket for my mum for sunday but then the cashier printed the tickets with incorrect dates for saturday, because of circumstances i was under i took the ticket not noticing this because i believed i was dealing with professionals but little did i know the ticket expired saturday. Then at the station on sunday as per booking they said the ticket expired as it was for saturday so i had to pay again for her and i was advised by the bus driver to report it to customer service but then the senior manager insisted they cannot do anything as i was at fault but taking & signing the ticket. I am at fault ofcause by not properly checking, but i still feel like it is unfair to pay that much money nothing. Here i am left with the unused ticket. To make things worse the bus that i paid for for the second time did not honour the times as it got in Mthatha at 6pm instead of 02:30pm and no communication as to why it delayed or it will delay,

Intercape — horrific experience

I will NEVER again travel with the Intercape Sleepliner! On the 16th of August i booked a bus trip from...

Intercaperude, incompetent staff with bad attitudes

On the Sat morning 06th March 2010, I had to collect my fiancé at JHB Park station, upon arrival at park station we waited for the luggage, her suitcase ended up in PTA luggage, when we asked the guy that he must look at the PTA luggage he refused. Then he shouted at me that I am stupid why I put it at the PTA destined luggage. I was not in the bus, Even if I was in the bus who packs the luggage in the compartment, the was no need for insults. He was not planning to stop his insults I then apologized for “incorrectly” placing the suitcase, I then asked him to look for it he refused & told me he’s not going through that entire luggage for one suitcase. He then said I must enter the luggage compartment & search for it since it was my fault, to avoid further confrontation with him I elected to enter the compartment there were not even ten bags remaining. Worst case scenario if it was my fiancé’s fault, no paying customer deserve such treatment, what if I refused to go into the compartment. To think that I was not even in the bus and that the attitude I got, I pity the people who are stuck with such crews for such long hours. needless to say she had an encounter with hostess enroute.

Intercapevoucher

I have booked a bus on the 20/08/09 at 18:15 at Khayelitsha mall Shoprite that will be leaving the same day from Bellville to Bloemfontein. There was a taxi strike and i could not get the taxi to take me to Bellville, so i have gone back to Shoprite to cancell the ticket, but their system did not allow them to cancell it. The person called Simphiwo Vananda and Zintle Gcolotela contacted intercape emmidiately and i was given the voucher that they said i can use it whenever i will be travelling. The reason why i was given this voucher was because i was foced to leave the same day because i was going to Bloemfontein for attending the funeral of the family member, but yesterday on the 03/02/2010 i have contacted the number i was given by people mentioned above to check if the voucher is still available. I was told it have expired on the 21/08/2009.

I need help from your department, because i am working hard trying not to add on criminals and now intercape is robbing me day light.

I do not think myself, family, friends and people close to me will ever trust intercape services anymore

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further details and the voucher number on this numeber. [protected]

Intercape — not considering the passengers

Wow did I have a horrible experience with Intercape, We booked for a sleepliner, when we got there on sunday...

Intercape — poor service & payment facility

Be aware when you pay for a Intercape bus trip online with your credit card in South Africa. The money i...

Intercape — bad service

I booked the Intercape Mainliner bus from PTA to CT for the 9/04 departing PTA at 17:00. A sleepliner arrive...