Complaints & Reviews

false information about myself advertised online by instant check mate

I went through the process out of curiosity using my own name, the information that was revealed was more than false, it even said I was married and a cheater by someone I have...

instantcheckmate.comfalse and inaccurate information

I have recently lost a job. I couldn't figure it out until I googled my name.

I found 14 criminal records; 2 of which are in L.A. I haven't been to LA in years. 12 in Orange County, wow, ... I don't think so.

This is an extremely damaging web site with inaccurate data. They also had me listed at age 59 and also at 75 years of age.

Other family members have found the same issue.

Also, there is another person out there with the same name??? What is that?

billing overcharged and multiple times..

I just looked at my credit card statement and I have been billed ••• • $23.40 on 11/07/2017 at 1:15 (for 1 search) • $39.78 on 11/07/2017 at 1:15 (1 search) • $23.40 on...

records.instantcheckmate.com — Manta company information boards entering records.Instantcheckmate.com directly under other company address or information

Records.instantcheckmate.com is a public database of unreliable records that has intruded on webspaces designed to promote legitimate business owner website...

Ongoing credit card charges`

I am a corporate security professional. In 2012, I used Instant Checkmate for a single case with the hope it would provide me information my typical resources didn't. I wa...

instantcheckmate.com — Total waste of time!

Three weeks passed since I joined InstantCheckmate and all this time I have tried to set up an account for one month. They say that I can’t pay via PayPal and they are trying to...

instantcheckmate.com — They cannot provide any useful information.

This company uses false advertising to reel you in and then they try to charge extra money from people. They cannot provide any useful information. All the information they have I...

Background check service aka i.D. Theft promoters

I saw ad by person saying I should check myself online, so I did. this site I used had the wrong photo of my person, numerous addresses I have never been to. And even indicating I...

instantcheckmate.comFalse information, inaccurate info

I subscribe to Instantcheckmate.com to do quick and simple driving history for potential drivers for my trucking business, and to check for accuracy, I check myself, knowing my own history and being clean as it was, with the exception of a couple of minor tickets over my complete driving history. My name is unique in its spelling, and no other 2nd generations known to exist on public records. What information comes back under my name, was SHOCKING to say the least! The information had me listed with multiple DUIs, several arrests, assault, convictions and other inacuracies! I dont know the circumstances of how this information came to be public record, but I have to say, BE AWARE, that if you're checking someones history, the information that Instantcheckmate.com throws at you, may be in part or not even match the person who's name you entered. Nor did Instantcheckmate.com even list an event that I know was on public record for sure! Instantcheckmate.com, in my experience, is very interested in your money and very disinterested in your results and quality and accuracy is non-existent. Im sure of it, that they could care less that the inaccurate information you are exposed to, could discredit a person's disposition.

• 10
    108th Dec 17, 2011

Thought I was signing up for a 5 day trial and turned out it was for 1 month. Be carefull that you are signing up for what want.

Scam layering

WARNING others... instant checkmate does not give you arrest information, photos, and other desired information unless you pay for additional layers of investigation. The trial period and one month coverage did not give me the info I needed. I was charged over $26 for one month literally 1/10th of one second after the five days trial ended. I will never use them again!

FRAUD SCAM

Instant Checkmate, White PagesBackground Reports

I wanted to get a background report on a prospective tenant.

I found a website, White Pages, that allegedly "found" the person and promised a complete report, including criminal history, employment history, former addresses, associates, phone number and email.

Steer clear of these scammers.

• Bi
    BIG SMITH Feb 25, 2014

I had the same thing happen to me they just rip you off do not use this website, After giving my credit card information, I was shifted to Instant Checkmate, which only gave me the tenant's date of birth and address, which I already had. Then they tried to upsell me for the information promised in the first place.

Unauthorized charges

Buyer BEWARE...I ordered a one time background check. I was to be charged 29.95 for that service. Now 6 mo later I realize that they have been charging my credit card $19.86 every month. I called to complain and was told that when I agreed to the terms (the pages of fine print), I was automatically enrolled on a monthly basis even though that was not what I thought I agreed to. I called my credit card company and they said there was nothing they could do because I checked the box agreeing to their terms of service. I normally would have caught this sooner but my husband had a stroke and I have been unable to keep on top of things. I feel this is very deceitful of them. They should not make it appear as you are paying for one service, then in fine print charge you for another service. I highly recommend NOT using their services. I'm sure there are other companies out there that have more integrity. Shame on me for not checking them out before I used them.

Incomplete Info

Searching for lost brother (in Las Vegas no less). Of course, as in people search and others, you have to pay for the info they gather. The info is old and useless, but I had to pay $30 to find out.

InstantCheckMateConfused about billing

I mistakenly signed up for the six month membership because I thought the cost was only $9.86 per month. Once I found out I was charged $59.16 I called their customer service line to see if they could help me with this. I didn't have to wait long like you normally do when your on hold for a business. And when the representative answered she was to the point and informed me that I chose a discounted rate on the monthly membership which is billed six months upfront. Thankfully, they were an honest company and were willing to work with me.

CORTNEY.STETSON Jun 25, 2013

I called my personal bank after they wouldn't refund my money. I called three times! First lady tried to tell me it would take 5 to 7 days to send a cancellation EMAIL. Not snail mail. EMAIL. I told her that it only takes less than a minute to send and receive an email. I said "I want to speak to your supervisor NOW." She put me on hold for 5 seconds tops... Then gets back on and says "Oh I'm sorry ma'am I meant it would take up to 24 hours for the email to reach you." I said "That's sketchy. I am starting to seriously think you're a scam." So she said my account has been cancelled and my card isn't in the system any longer." We hung up... So I went to make sure I couldn't log onto the site. Well guess what, I STILL HAD ACCESS. She lied. SOOOO, I called back. Got a different person, by this time I'm heated and I end up getting HUNG UP ON?! Seriously??? I called right back and I demanded right away a full refund and explained what had just happened with the other two "representatives." He tried to tell me there wasn't anything he could do but he said "Only thing I can do is assure you your account has been deactivated." I then said... "So why is it I can still LOG IN EXACTLY?!" So he said some lame excuse its only letting me in but no access. BULL. I just called my bank, had to make my DBT/ Credit card unaccessible. Now I have to wait for 7 days for a new card. UGH! And Bank lady gave me their number I can use to report FRAUD to. She said they will absolutely look into this and most likely refund my money from that INSTANTCHECKMATE website. They'll be investigated for fraud at least from my bank they will! I'm not paying the $40 some dollars they charged my account. Also I got other emails from them right away before I called them... and it showed up in my JUNK MAIL. Hmmm... Sketchy. DO NOT GO ON THIS SITE. It's seriously a scam / fraud. I'm getting my money back. They should be ashamed of themselves. It's located in NV. No offense to anyone that lives there... But that's where I see a lot of scams come from. Had I known this I never ever would have went on the site. They didn't even give accurate or up to date information. NOT HAPPY. NOT RECOMMENDING. AND I'M DEFINITELY NOT LETTING THIS GO. I'M GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

InstantCheckMateThey should be investigated for fraud

This website provides no useful information. What information they do provide is inaccurate, bogus, or contradictory. I ran my own name and came up with two results that had different info, inaccurate info, etc. I checked a dozen friends names, and NOTHING was correct. I truly believe that this website exist for the sole purpose of scamming money. They should be investigated for fraud.

CORTNEY.STETSON Jun 25, 2013

I called my personal bank after they wouldn't refund my money. I called three times! First lady tried to tell me it would take 5 to 7 days to send a cancellation EMAIL. Not snail mail. EMAIL. I told her that it only takes less than a minute to send and receive an email. I said "I want to speak to your supervisor NOW." She put me on hold for 5 seconds tops... Then gets back on and says "Oh I'm sorry ma'am I meant it would take up to 24 hours for the email to reach you." I said "That's sketchy. I am starting to seriously think you're a scam." So she said my account has been cancelled and my card isn't in the system any longer." We hung up... So I went to make sure I couldn't log onto the site. Well guess what, I STILL HAD ACCESS. She lied. SOOOO, I called back. Got a different person, by this time I'm heated and I end up getting HUNG UP ON?! Seriously??? I called right back and I demanded right away a full refund and explained what had just happened with the other two "representatives." He tried to tell me there wasn't anything he could do but he said "Only thing I can do is assure you your account has been deactivated." I then said... "So why is it I can still LOG IN EXACTLY?!" So he said some lame excuse its only letting me in but no access. BULL. I just called my bank, had to make my DBT/ Credit card accessible. Now I have to wait for 7 days for a new card. UGH! And Bank lady gave me their number I can use to report FRAUD to. She said they will absolutely look into this and most likely refund my money from that INSTANTCHECKMATE website. They'll be investigated for fraud at least from my bank they will! I'm not paying the $40 some dollars they charged my account. Also I got other emails from them right away before I called them... and it showed up in my JUNK MAIL. Hmmm... Sketchy. DO NOT GO ON THIS SITE. It's seriously a scam / fraud. I'm getting my money back. They should be ashamed of themselves. It's located in NV. No offense to anyone that lives there... But that's where I see a lot of scams come from. Had I known this I never ever would have went on the site. They didn't even give accurate or up to date information. NOT HAPPY. NOT RECOMMENDING. AND I'M DEFINITELY NOT LETTING THIS GO. I'M GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

InstantCheckMateOffensive use of a black man's face on advertisement

My complaint is that the advertisement you use on the internet is totally offensive to those African Americans, who are upstanding law-abiding, civic-minded citizens. You have picked a black man with dreadlocks, who looks unkempt, whereas most African American men do not look like that. I have three brothers and several nephews. They do not wear their pants hanging below their behinds, they are clean-shaven, and well-groomed in their appearance.

I really do wish you would change that image because what it says to us is that ALL black men with dreads have a criminal background and that is just not so!

I am sure that you are aware that there are many white American men, who wear expensive suits and are well-groomed, that are some of the worst criminals in the world. Take Bernie Madoff, for instance!

InstantCheckMateThe membership was canceled, but card was never refunded

I had originally got an account with InstantCheckmate, but discussed it with several friends; found out that their practices were fraudulent. I immediately contacted them and canceled my membership, and asked for a refund. I was told that my membership would be canceled, and my credit card refunded. No such luck. The membership was canceled, but card was never refunded. After repeated calls to them, they are now saying that they will cancel my membership only after three months.

InstantCheckMateUnauthorized use of my credit card on the second month of membership after been canceled

My compliant was not resolved. Using personal information without permission and Unauthorized use of my credit card on the second month of membership after been canceled.

• De
    dezell98 Mar 04, 2012

I was charged $160.00 and my credit Card company caught it and sent me a E-Mail telling it was suspicious change on my account.
    Don't have a Clue as how they got my Credit Card number but the one who done this was WWW. MATCH.COM/BILL so everyone be aware of anything from this company Watch your Credit Card online.Thank God my Credit Card CO. was on their toes and caught it. THIS IS FRAUD

InstantCheckMateService not as described

I ordered the background service on 5/21/11 and never received a report as promised. All I got when I tried to check on someone was an address, birthdate and marriage information which I already knew. I would like to have a refund to my credit card processed immediately before I dispute this charge ($59.16) with my bank.

InstantCheckMateUsing personal information without permission

This website has been using my private information without my knowledge and permission. They made my home address, telephone number and date of birth available to anybody. What if a criminal decides to use this info to threat me and my family? How dare you, Instant CheckMate? I want my personal information taken off your website immediately! Shame on you!

• Ro
    Robert Payton Jan 16, 2013

I would like to have all my information and my email taken off the email list. I have called them and they said they would do it, I have filled out there unsubscribe from and that does not work either so can some one please help me and get them to stop sending emails to me.

InstantCheckMateI opened an account for a check on someone and never received any results

I opened an account for a check on someone and never received any results. I was charged a fee on my Visa card and am still waiting for service. When I click on the check it just says please be patient while we get your results. By this time it takes so long my pc goes off and I repeat the the action and never get any results. I would appreciate you taking the charge off my Visa if you are unable to give me a report.

InstantCheckMate — I never agreed to a continued charge to my account

In Dec. 2010 i agreed to a one month charge of $24.86 to check out some information. I never used the site not even one time, because the information was not accurate. They are...

InstantCheckMateInstant checkmate got an F rating from the BBB

Instant checkmate has a BBB rating of F. Factors that lowered this business include 16 complaints filed against business. Failure to respond to one complaint filed against business. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business.

I signed up for the one month membership for $21.86 however they charged my credit card every month for three months when I only used their services less then two weeks because their information is so useless and incomplete.I had to ask my credit card company to put pressure on them to credit me back for one month. Since I only signed up for the one month membership why would I have to give them a notification to cancel before the month was up.

instantcheckmate.comDeceptive offer on website

On 12/21 I accessed the website for InstantCheckmate.com to do a background check for a possible renter. The home page shows 3 service options, 1 month, 6 months and 1 year. They offer the 1 month service at a discounted cost of $14.95 down from $26.95.

I entered my information including my debit card on the first page and clicked next. Instead of arriving at the page where I select the service option the transaction completed itself at $179.40 for a year!

I immediately called the company to cancel the service. I explained that the website bypassed the service selection page and that I thought I was purchasing the 1 month service. I was told by the customer service person that I had to write to them which I did. Their response was as follows

As we have no control over your options of purchase we take the position that you received the membership option of your choice.

We have honored your request to cancel your requested membership so you will not incur any future charges after your current requested membership expires.

The following is on the “create your account “ page. It is located in step three of the sign-up process for your review prior to your payment authorization.

*One payment of $179.40 for a 12 month, $119.70 for a 6 month plan, or $24.86 for a monthly plan. Your membership will be automatically renewed to the same term until you cancel. If you cancel your subscription will not be renewed after that expires. To cancel your membership at any time please contact our customer service at [protected]

I explained that the payment authorization page never appeared and the transaction was finalized without my ability to make the selection. In my correspondence I also told them that I am willing to take the 1 month subscription.

I'm currently unemployed and thought I was purchasing a 1 month service at a discounted price of $14.95. By bank account was charge $179.40...3 days before Christmas! They have not responded to my final email asking if they intend to refund the overcharge and work with me on this.

instantcheckmate.comdon`t be ripped off by instantcheckmate.com

I saw instantcheckmate.com on my verizon homepage . the background check was$9.95 for six month`s they charged my bank account $ 59.16 instead . I tried 3 background check`s .!st one I know has a crimjnal record . It cme back clean 2nd one has a criminal record it too came back clean so I tried my own name I know it is clean It came back that I have a bad criminal record, All 3 are wrong .I called the first time they only wanted to refund half . So I called back, because why pay for something that don`t work .She said she would refund the whole amount . But instead they went back to charging me the whole $59.16 . I checked online they have complaint`s about selling people`s card number`s . Check out scambook .com so far they have ripped off $312, 038, 45 and growing .Watchout for them so they won`t rip you off too thank you.during these hard time`s the worst thing I can`t afford to have my money stolen by scam artist like this thank you and if they ripped you off too please fight back and report these thieves so they can be stopped sincerly don`t be ripped off by instantcheckmate.com

• Mi
    Miled Jan 14, 2012

Ordered the supposed ' 1 month for $14.95 ' and was immediately billed $179.40 !!! With no confirmation, e-mail or other correspondence, they just took the $ . Impossible to get a refund !! Their "background info" is bogus!!! DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!!!

You will also get duped!!! Tell everyone you know .

• Nd
    ndpatel2 Jul 09, 2013

Pls see the details of complaint lodged with the Company. Till date they have debited USD 60 without my knowledge.

----- Forwarded Message -----
    From: Nilesh Patel <[email protected]>
    To: Instant Checkmate Customer Service <[email protected]>
    Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Sent: Friday, 21 June 2013 9:19 AM
    Subject: Re: PDF Report Generation Enabled

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I have used the services provided by your site once on 15 th june, 2013 have made payment of round 12 USD. During this i have searched profile of one person only and was satisfied with the results.

Since my purpose was solved i have never intended to avail any further servies or monlty/ yearly subscription offered by you. Howver, its surprising to note that today USD 29 have been debited from my credit card registered with you. This is with out any intimation to me or my consent. i have never clicked any link to avails such services.

I therefore reqeust you to immediately reverse the said charges back to my credit card. Failing which i will be forced to take all possible actions against you and take up my greivance at all possible social forum.

Anticipating co-operation in the matter.

Nilesh

• Me
    melissa2013 Nov 10, 2013

Billing Details

*To get unlimited reports, select a one-month membership for $22.86, a three-month membership for $44.58 ($14.86/mo), or a six-month membership for $59.16 ($9.86/mo). Your membership will automatically renew for the same term unless you cancel before the start of the next term. Instant Checkmate will charge the recurring membership fee of $22.86, $44.58, or $59.16 (depending on the membership option you select) to the same card you use today until you cancel. To cancel, call 1-866-490-5980 between 5am - 10 pm Pacific Standard Time (7 days a week).

THAT IS WHERE YOU PUT YOUR CARD INFO IN ! LEARN TO READ BEFORE SUBMITTING. NO FINE PRINT. ALL CLEARLY STATED ! LESSON LEARNED FOR YOU

• Rc
    R. Cabral Apr 17, 2014

I also click on this website believing the amount charged would be $9.95. Did not agree to $59 charged to my account. Looked up a few people and clicked premium by accident which did not give my any useful additional information. I called Instant Checkmate immediately to cancel the entire service. I was told that $89.14 was "already debit out of my account!" I stated I did not want the service and wanted to be reimbursed which became a process of "please hold while I talk to my manager" for 4 or 5 times with me not agreeing to the amount: #1 $19.99 to be credited to my account, I said, "No", #2 $29 credit to my account...I gave same response, #3 "you agreed to the premium amount of $29, plus the PDR reports and the $9.99 included in the total for $89, can deduct $39...I said, "no", #4 "hold while I talk to my supervisor"..."we can cancelled after this month fees are paid", I said, "no", #5 I told the man that I will not accept anything except $9.95 for one month and want this service discontinued after one month..."you agreed to the premium of $29", " I will talk to my supervisor. #5 "I can credit your account $59"...I gave in since I had been on the phone 45 minutes to get reimbursement. This is the worst mistake I've made using an unknown website...they got $21 out of me for being on the site not even an hour...there is no grace period and the websites pricing is deceiving.

Cool Guy432 Nov 12, 2018

Instant Checkmate has no right to display people's personal and secured information, especially birthday date and address etc. Doing so Instant Checkmate is putting people's life at risk by helping fraudulent people in getting an individuals personal details.