Complaints & Reviews

false information about myself advertised online by instant check mate

I went through the process out of curiosity using my own name, the information that was revealed was more...

false and inaccurate information

I have recently lost a job. I couldn't figure it out until I googled my name.

I found 14 criminal records; 2 of which are in L.A. I haven't been to LA in years. 12 in Orange County, wow, ... I don't think so.

This is an extremely damaging web site with inaccurate data. They also had me listed at age 59 and also at 75 years of age.

Other family members have found the same issue.

Also, there is another person out there with the same name??? What is that?

billing overcharged and multiple times..

I just looked at my credit card statement and I have been billed ••• • $23.40 on 11/07/2017 at 1:15 (for 1...

Manta company information boards entering records.Instantcheckmate.com directly under other company address or information

Records.instantcheckmate.com is a public database of unreliable records that has intruded on webspace...

Ongoing credit card charges`

I am a corporate security professional. In 2012, I used Instant Checkmate for a single case with the hope it...

Total waste of time!

Three weeks passed since I joined InstantCheckmate and all this time I have tried to set up an account for...

They cannot provide any useful information.

This company uses false advertising to reel you in and then they try to charge extra money from people. They...

Background check service aka i.D. Theft promoters

I saw ad by person saying I should check myself online, so I did. this site I used had the wrong photo of my...

False information, inaccurate info

I subscribe to Instantcheckmate.com to do quick and simple driving history for potential drivers for my trucking business, and to check for accuracy, I check myself, knowing my own history and being clean as it was, with the exception of a couple of minor tickets over my complete driving history. My name is unique in its spelling, and no other 2nd generations known to exist on public records. What information comes back under my name, was SHOCKING to say the least! The information had me listed with multiple DUIs, several arrests, assault, convictions and other inacuracies! I dont know the circumstances of how this information came to be public record, but I have to say, BE AWARE, that if you're checking someones history, the information that Instantcheckmate.com throws at you, may be in part or not even match the person who's name you entered. Nor did Instantcheckmate.com even list an event that I know was on public record for sure! Instantcheckmate.com, in my experience, is very interested in your money and very disinterested in your results and quality and accuracy is non-existent. Im sure of it, that they could care less that the inaccurate information you are exposed to, could discredit a person's disposition.

• 10
    108th Dec 17, 2011

Thought I was signing up for a 5 day trial and turned out it was for 1 month. Be carefull that you are signing up for what want.

Scam layering

WARNING others... instant checkmate does not give you arrest information, photos, and other desired information unless you pay for additional layers of investigation. The trial period and one month coverage did not give me the info I needed. I was charged over $26 for one month literally 1/10th of one second after the five days trial ended. I will never use them again!

FRAUD SCAM

Background Reports

I wanted to get a background report on a prospective tenant.

I found a website, White Pages, that allegedly "found" the person and promised a complete report, including criminal history, employment history, former addresses, associates, phone number and email.

Steer clear of these scammers.

• Bi
    BIG SMITH Feb 25, 2014

I had the same thing happen to me they just rip you off do not use this website, After giving my credit card information, I was shifted to Instant Checkmate, which only gave me the tenant's date of birth and address, which I already had. Then they tried to upsell me for the information promised in the first place.

Unauthorized charges

Buyer BEWARE...I ordered a one time background check. I was to be charged 29.95 for that service. Now 6 mo later I realize that they have been charging my credit card $19.86 every month. I called to complain and was told that when I agreed to the terms (the pages of fine print), I was automatically enrolled on a monthly basis even though that was not what I thought I agreed to. I called my credit card company and they said there was nothing they could do because I checked the box agreeing to their terms of service. I normally would have caught this sooner but my husband had a stroke and I have been unable to keep on top of things. I feel this is very deceitful of them. They should not make it appear as you are paying for one service, then in fine print charge you for another service. I highly recommend NOT using their services. I'm sure there are other companies out there that have more integrity. Shame on me for not checking them out before I used them.

Incomplete Info

Searching for lost brother (in Las Vegas no less). Of course, as in people search and others, you have to pay...

Confused about billing

I mistakenly signed up for the six month membership because I thought the cost was only $9.86 per month. Once I found out I was charged $59.16 I called their customer service line to see if they could help me with this. I didn't have to wait long like you normally do when your on hold for a business. And when the representative answered she was to the point and informed me that I chose a discounted rate on the monthly membership which is billed six months upfront. Thankfully, they were an honest company and were willing to work with me.

• Co
    CORTNEY.STETSON Jun 25, 2013

I called my personal bank after they wouldn't refund my money. I called three times! First lady tried to tell me it would take 5 to 7 days to send a cancellation EMAIL. Not snail mail. EMAIL. I told her that it only takes less than a minute to send and receive an email. I said "I want to speak to your supervisor NOW." She put me on hold for 5 seconds tops... Then gets back on and says "Oh I'm sorry ma'am I meant it would take up to 24 hours for the email to reach you." I said "That's sketchy. I am starting to seriously think you're a scam." So she said my account has been cancelled and my card isn't in the system any longer." We hung up... So I went to make sure I couldn't log onto the site. Well guess what, I STILL HAD ACCESS. She lied. SOOOO, I called back. Got a different person, by this time I'm heated and I end up getting HUNG UP ON?! Seriously??? I called right back and I demanded right away a full refund and explained what had just happened with the other two "representatives." He tried to tell me there wasn't anything he could do but he said "Only thing I can do is assure you your account has been deactivated." I then said... "So why is it I can still LOG IN EXACTLY?!" So he said some lame excuse its only letting me in but no access. BULL. I just called my bank, had to make my DBT/ Credit card unaccessible. Now I have to wait for 7 days for a new card. UGH! And Bank lady gave me their number I can use to report FRAUD to. She said they will absolutely look into this and most likely refund my money from that INSTANTCHECKMATE website. They'll be investigated for fraud at least from my bank they will! I'm not paying the $40 some dollars they charged my account. Also I got other emails from them right away before I called them... and it showed up in my JUNK MAIL. Hmmm... Sketchy. DO NOT GO ON THIS SITE. It's seriously a scam / fraud. I'm getting my money back. They should be ashamed of themselves. It's located in NV. No offense to anyone that lives there... But that's where I see a lot of scams come from. Had I known this I never ever would have went on the site. They didn't even give accurate or up to date information. NOT HAPPY. NOT RECOMMENDING. AND I'M DEFINITELY NOT LETTING THIS GO. I'M GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

They should be investigated for fraud

This website provides no useful information. What information they do provide is inaccurate, bogus, or contradictory. I ran my own name and came up with two results that had different info, inaccurate info, etc. I checked a dozen friends names, and NOTHING was correct. I truly believe that this website exist for the sole purpose of scamming money. They should be investigated for fraud.

• Co
    CORTNEY.STETSON Jun 25, 2013

I called my personal bank after they wouldn't refund my money. I called three times! First lady tried to tell me it would take 5 to 7 days to send a cancellation EMAIL. Not snail mail. EMAIL. I told her that it only takes less than a minute to send and receive an email. I said "I want to speak to your supervisor NOW." She put me on hold for 5 seconds tops... Then gets back on and says "Oh I'm sorry ma'am I meant it would take up to 24 hours for the email to reach you." I said "That's sketchy. I am starting to seriously think you're a scam." So she said my account has been cancelled and my card isn't in the system any longer." We hung up... So I went to make sure I couldn't log onto the site. Well guess what, I STILL HAD ACCESS. She lied. SOOOO, I called back. Got a different person, by this time I'm heated and I end up getting HUNG UP ON?! Seriously??? I called right back and I demanded right away a full refund and explained what had just happened with the other two "representatives." He tried to tell me there wasn't anything he could do but he said "Only thing I can do is assure you your account has been deactivated." I then said... "So why is it I can still LOG IN EXACTLY?!" So he said some lame excuse its only letting me in but no access. BULL. I just called my bank, had to make my DBT/ Credit card accessible. Now I have to wait for 7 days for a new card. UGH! And Bank lady gave me their number I can use to report FRAUD to. She said they will absolutely look into this and most likely refund my money from that INSTANTCHECKMATE website. They'll be investigated for fraud at least from my bank they will! I'm not paying the $40 some dollars they charged my account. Also I got other emails from them right away before I called them... and it showed up in my JUNK MAIL. Hmmm... Sketchy. DO NOT GO ON THIS SITE. It's seriously a scam / fraud. I'm getting my money back. They should be ashamed of themselves. It's located in NV. No offense to anyone that lives there... But that's where I see a lot of scams come from. Had I known this I never ever would have went on the site. They didn't even give accurate or up to date information. NOT HAPPY. NOT RECOMMENDING. AND I'M DEFINITELY NOT LETTING THIS GO. I'M GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

Offensive use of a black man's face on advertisement

My complaint is that the advertisement you use on the internet is totally offensive to those African Americans, who are upstanding law-abiding, civic-minded citizens. You have picked a black man with dreadlocks, who looks unkempt, whereas most African American men do not look like that. I have three brothers and several nephews. They do not wear their pants hanging below their behinds, they are clean-shaven, and well-groomed in their appearance.

I really do wish you would change that image because what it says to us is that ALL black men with dreads have a criminal background and that is just not so!

I am sure that you are aware that there are many white American men, who wear expensive suits and are well-groomed, that are some of the worst criminals in the world. Take Bernie Madoff, for instance!

The membership was canceled, but card was never refunded

I had originally got an account with InstantCheckmate, but discussed it with several friends; found out that their practices were fraudulent. I immediately contacted them and canceled my membership, and asked for a refund. I was told that my membership would be canceled, and my credit card refunded. No such luck. The membership was canceled, but card was never refunded. After repeated calls to them, they are now saying that they will cancel my membership only after three months.

My compliant was not resolved. Using personal information without permission and Unauthorized use of my credit card on the second month of membership after been canceled.

• De
    dezell98 Mar 04, 2012

I was charged $160.00 and my credit Card company caught it and sent me a E-Mail telling it was suspicious change on my account.
    Don't have a Clue as how they got my Credit Card number but the one who done this was WWW. MATCH.COM/BILL so everyone be aware of anything from this company Watch your Credit Card online.Thank God my Credit Card CO. was on their toes and caught it. THIS IS FRAUD

Service not as described

I ordered the background service on 5/21/11 and never received a report as promised. All I got when I tried to check on someone was an address, birthdate and marriage information which I already knew. I would like to have a refund to my credit card processed immediately before I dispute this charge ($59.16) with my bank.