Menu
Home Job & Career Indeed.com insane amounts of censorship

Indeed.com  -  insane amounts of censorship

Y
Author of the complaint
6:40 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Why does this company even have a section for employees to review their employers? I've tried to submit my experience of what occurred at one company, in what I would argue to be professional language, no inflammatory terms and the such. Yet, despite numerous attempts to "reduce the truthfulness" of my review, Indeed censored every single review I've tried to post. Why? I don't use profanity, I didn't lie about anything, I'm just offering my experience and opinion on a company I worked with.

If you won't let people post truthful accounts and reviews, why even bother operating this segment? You let companies pay people to post fake reviews to boost up their ratings and trick people into thinking they are a good employer, and yet you won't let the truth fly? A+ for censorship efforts, F for transparency. Guess we all know what Indeed's values are and where they stand in terms of ethics.

More Indeed.com complaints & reviews

Indeed.com - do not use this site.
Indeed.com - job scam
Indeed.com - account blocked, no support customer care
Indeed.com - privacy breach/false advertising
3 comments
C
Jul 23, 2021 7:37 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Glassdoor and similar sites are doing the same. I know for global company which is paying such website for positive outlook and the company name is not there at all. Sadly those companies are making millions of dollars with this cen$or$hip business. If they allow people telling the truth then they will be at very danger financial and law risks levels. Make anonymous blog and share your true stories at some forums. Hopefully unpopular search engines will index it. Google and Yahoo is also using censorship. At the 21 century the freedom of speech, media and journalism is not yet there.

W
Mar 16, 2021 12:18 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yep -- Indeed blocks truthful reviews. Nothing in the various policies they sent offer any help as to why. Technically, it is their website so they can do whatever they want to. It certainly is not open for honest reviews. They are a corporation too. Definitely not impartial.

A
Feb 23, 2020 2:16 pm

This was also my experience when posting a review on a terrible company I had taken a job for.
Most of the time I couldnt post anything because i "didnt use professional language" or "cant use the site to slander people"

How the hell is warning new employees about a crazy guy who screams at tools of the trade "slander"? Its a public service because I at least attempt to care about another hypothetical person like others did on Indeed. I also did not cuss or use any personally identifying information and had to cut 2/3rd's of my review on them. As most "full time work" gigs are not "full time" as in "will keep you over a year" full time. Its "will have you get up at ungodly hours like 3 am or 11 pm" just to get rid of you within the next 3 months cause " Um its okay buddy ive been thinking about this for a while now-" and be fired for any made up reason or none at all in my case. Hell, msot of the employers were surprised i showed up early or wasn't addicted to some kind of drugs and you'll be [censored] out of luck with getting ANY references out of any of these jobs.

Do not waste your time on indeed. $1000 for 3 months of backbreaking work is not sustainable.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

146 complaints