Menu

Ideal Image  -  Scammed and harassed by ideal image

T
Author of the complaint
4:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 6/1/22, I had a free zoom consult with ideal image at 1:15pm. Prior to the appointment, I was called countless times by the company trying to talk me into taking the zoom consult. If they called and I was unavailable, a voicemail was left every time. During the zoom consult with Celia Sodini, pricing for laser hair removal was discussed. Ally Lending was used to see if I would be approved to proceed with the elective laser hair removal. The total coming to about $6,000. Celia misrepresented the information by stating that payment options could be changed and could cancel if I changed my mind about treatment if it was before my first appointment. She had me sign what she called a "consent" form for the laser hair removal. Turns out once again, the information was misrepresented. On 6/2/22, Ally Lending sent an email stating the payment would be sent to ideal image two days from that date. I responded to the email stating I no longer needed the loan because I was cancelling all services with ideal image. the money from Ally Lending was still sent in full regardless of this email and having NO treatments. On 6/6/22 around 6pm, I spoke with Ally Lending about disputing the case. On 6/6/22 following the call with Ally, I called ideal image to dispute further services and verify my appointment on 6/15 had been cancelled. Since, I have received countless phone calls from ideal image trying to discuss why I would like to cancel the elective laser hair removal. I emailed Celia and was told there is nothing she can do regarding the refund. I was told the only way to fully cancel with refund was to fill out a detailed health history form proving I was medically not for treatment. On 6/9/22, I spoke with Ally Lending to ask if the money had been sent in full which it had been. I asked the representative why the money had been sent prior to treatment regardless of my email stating to not send the money due to cancelling with ideal image. The representative stated that was between me and ideal image. I also asked if I have to make a payment would I be refunded depending on what happens with the case which the woman stated yes. She informed me to wait to hear back from the case representative. On 6/10/22 at 11:33am, I received a phone call from Marion Bennett. I missed the call, and a voicemail was left stating that the medical director looked at my health history form stating I did not have any contraindications for laser hair removal and would not be refunded. HOWEVER, the health history form was INCOMPLETE. I had not filled out the health history form in full and did not click the submit form. I immediately called Marion to inform her the health history form had not been completed. In response, she stated she was closing the case. On 6/10/22, I submitted a complaint to the BBB regarding my experience. On 6/11/22, I emailed Marion stating my experiencing, how I am suffering from severe anxiety regarding the laser hair removal, that the health history form has been completed and submitted, and that the case should be reopened. I had not received a response as of noon on 6/14/22, so I emailed her again as a second attempt for a response. She then stated that the medical director was reviewing my health history for and would let me know if I am medically unfit for treatment. If so, I would receive a refund. If not, she stated I would still need to pay regardless of not receiving any treatment from the company. I have never stepped into the building. I asked for a copy of the consent form that I had signed. She stated that the payment break down was the "consent." I do not see a signature on the copy I have been sent. On 6/14/22, I emailed Joshua with Ally Lending who is the representative handling the dispute case. I summarized the phone conversation that was had with the woman representative on 6/9/22 to verify the information was correct. I am waiting a response.

On 6/13/22, I received an email from the BBB regarding a response that Ideal Image made about the complaint I submitted. Following the detailed description of my experience, the company responded "we are currently working with this guest to resolve." I had to continue to reach out to ideal image to get a response regarding the request to cancel. I thought it was interesting that prior to the BBB complaint the company had no problem trying to contact me nonstop and feel as if I was being bullied by the company. However, once the complaint was sent to ideal image, the communication from the company stopped regardless of me reaching out.

I am suffering from severe anxiety related to the laser hair removal and this entire process of being mislead, the company misrepresenting the information, and harassing me. I am confused on how a company can be paid for a procedure that has not been performed. In addition, I do not think it is medically ethical for a company to need a medical diagnosis in order to cancel an ELECTIVE procedure with ample time notice. Being in healthcare myself, I do not feel as though this company is advocating for my health and instead is simply seeking a profit. This entire experience has been a nightmare and feel as if I have been scammed.

Please if anyone is able to help me or advise me on what I should do that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance.

More Ideal Image complaints & reviews