Just want to share my terrible experience with hutchgo travel agency. yet the word terrible cant express the thing my employee had gone through.
1) On the 18th Feb 2022, I've purchased a ticket from KL to Dhaka on behalf of my employee. The travel dates it's on the 3rd March. The ticket was purchased from the travel agency hutchgo and it's with Malaysia Airlines.
2) On the 2nd March, my employee got his PCR result and it was detected with covid positive. Immediately i email (the only way to reach Hutch Go) regarding on the result and ask if it was possible to reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances. As this ticket it's a "Light Ticket", it's not refundable and changeable but i just want to see is there any solution.
3) A Few hours later, I've received a reply from hutchgo, by the customer service "Jenny Wong"...
"To avoid no show, we have cancelled the original flight (both depart and return flight)
Please kindly provide passenger COVID-19 positive certificate, passport copy and the new travel date for further check with airline, thank you.
4) In the same time (2nd March), my employee did another test to see if its a false result but true enough, the result came out negative. So I've emailed over to hutchgo again on the updated result. And inform them that my employee is able to make it to the flight, and they replied:
Due to original flight has been cancelled yesterday, please advise a new travel date for further check, thank you.
Jenny Wong (customer services)
5) On the 3rd March, I've replied to them with the updated date which is 15th March to travel as they requested. But over 2 week, no reply, no answer or anything even with my follow-up email.
6) I've finally received their reply, and this is what i got.
After checked with our supplier, please inform ticket originally is non-changeable and non-refundable.
We have try to explain about this case, however, all rebooking refers to fare rules.
Customer may try to contact MH airline explain this case and see if they can rebook for you. Thank you.
hutchgo decided to push this responsibility to Malaysia Airlines
and true enough, they cant resolve this issue as the ticket purchased from hutchgo
7)On the 11th March, hutchgo replied with
Team ticketing just rejected our request, reasons Cannot reissue the ticket The flight information to be changed cannot be found, please verify and then apply
Are you already contacted airlines to change?
Yet they still trying to blame it on the airline
Until today 14th March, NO REPLY, NO RESPOND, NO EMAILS.
My points is:
1) hutchgo DO NOT have the right to cancel my flight just to avoid "NO SHOW"
2) I asked for rescheduling... NOT CANCEL!
3) If the ticket is on the "NO CHANGE, NO REFUND", hutchgo should not have given me the option/mislead me to change and reschedule the flight.
4)If they offered a change or reschedule of flight, they should keep their promises.
My Employee saved up all his savings and just wish to go back to his hometown for Raya with his family. And as an employer, all I can do is to fight this back for him.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY OFFERS.