Complaints & Reviews

Hughes Network Systemscustomer service

I have spent more than 8 hours on the phone with 12 customer service representatives from January 2nd 2017 thru January 17th 2017, and still have no Internet. I replaced the roof and they took down the sat dish. I called Hughes Net and they schedule an installer (subcontracted) and made the appointment. The installer calls me an hour before the first appt. to let me know they don't have the part to put it back up, it needs to be ordered by Hughes Net. I call Hughes Net and they reschedule a second appt., at 5pm the day of the 2nd appt. I call Hughes Net and they promised the installer was on their way and they have the part I need. This time I didn't get a cancellation call, but when I called the installer I was told that I wasn't on the schedule because they didn't have the part. They remembered me from the last appt., and told me I had to settle with Hughes Net.

I have been told since, that the part is no longer available and I have to upgrade, and the part takes 3 weeks to order, and the part takes 7 days to order and the part is no longer available and on and on. The latest customer service person has again scheduled an installer to come out saying the part (a DAT) is on all trucks. I have talked to Mexico, Texas and the Philippines. I can't talk to the same person twice so they don't have to take responsibility. I am to the point of tears. Customer Service doesn't talk to the Installing Company except to make appointments and nobody talks to Billing. So I am permanently stuck in this round and round situation, with nobody to help. I Have several numbers they have given me: [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected] and 7367557. These are the latest numbers, the others are at home and I can't email from home because I have no internet.

Hughesnetspeed not what I am paying for

1 week of promise from mexico and phillipines serve number elevation to level 4 on 24 hour call back promise . Am an engineer performed over 6 hours on phone serve tests and even them rebuilding router to no avail. told to keep trying to call customer service notice as I asked for us based support. continuous run around wasted over 1 week of my time tp still not get technician to verify bad dish position or failing amplifier of router defective. They suck as even automated system does not recognize my zip code. then they want to charge 135.00 US for service call. internet speed less than 2MPS for 8 days. No level 4 elevated engineering promised call back in 24 hours in 5 US business days. I am beyond pissed these foriegn customer support other countries go by book and no jack squat! will be calling BBB filing formal complaint! I used to build the dang satellites at Hughes they use so I know RF issues. unbelievable!

• Bk
        Bkfarr Feb 22, 2017

I have been a customer for less than a year, my service was ok at first, continued to slow down. I have called numerous times to get assistance with this. I have gotten anywhere from "the weather is overcast or bad weather either here in LA or Boise Idaho, where they say my server is, watch the weather and when there is good weather you should get faster internet". I'm sorry, BUT I don't think I should have to watch the weather to see if I can get service!!! I understand weather can have an effect, but this is ridiculous!!! I can't even someone would even suggesting I watch the weather in order to use!!! Ok, I have taught the software side of technology, I have some knowledge of satellite, gates have to be filled and such. I have run speed tests over the last 24 hours, as customer service said to do. I have had many, many, many times pages timed out very common occurrence. 2 days ago I got this message. 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.10.2, something is bad wrong.
        These are my results

22.4. 2.25
        21.6. 2.43
        17.1. 2.23
        22.27. 2.46

As you can see these speeds are far below ANY average speed you can find.
        You advertise your wonderful services and this is definitely not what you claim!

I need some help, I'm tired of talking to people from the Phillipines who I can hardly understand!!! I ask repeatedly to speak to someone in US (language barrier) and I get nothing but argument that they can help me, blah blah blah. I have called numbers I have found on your links and they are either changed or want me to purchase a lot of crap that I would purchase if I wanted it!!

As you see, I NEED SOME HELP!!!
        Brenda Farr
        [protected]

2/22/2017
        12:13 PM

Hughesnetinternet service

Very poor service and many hidden fees. It is a bad, unethical company. My house caught fire in January of 2016 and I had to move. I could not transfer service, so I attempted to cancel. Hughes tried to charge me hundreds of dollars in cancellation fees to cancel. They then suggested I give them the fire report, which I did. But they continued to charge me for monthly service. It is now December and they are still charging me. I have asked for a refund and they refuse to give me one. I haven't used their services, but they have charged me hundreds of dollars for it.

Hughesnet — my compaints is about your service

To who it may concern I a really upset with your internet service s it dose not work good in my area, and I...

Hughesnethughesnet internet service and speed

Case # [protected]
        My detailed complaint is as follows:
        I began my service with Hughes Net on Sept. 2, 2016. We were assured by Hughes Net personnel in person and over the phone that we would have high speed internet and I would be able to conduct my work on line without trouble. I am a professor at Arizona State University and I do teaching on line therefore I will occasionally need to have group meetings with students on line. I also have 3 teenagers and a husband who use the internet. I was again assured that Hughes Net service would be sufficient for my family and work. Unfortunately, the internet was so slow that I could not effectively conduct my responsibilities for online teaching as a professor. After multiple complaints from students and my family, I contacted Hughes Net on 11/2/16 and asked to disconnect service. I spoke with a service person and was told I would have to pay a cancellation fee of over 200.00. This was not acceptable as there were mitigating circumstances for my cancellation. I asked to speak with a supervisor (Trixy) who informed me that the company would not waive my cancellation fee as I did not cancel within 30 days. I explained to her that I wanted to give the service a fair chance however my work was suffering and I could not continue with the service. I had no other course of action but to cancel and go with something faster. She was seemingly uninterested in my plight and told me I would be charged the cancellation fee regardless of circumstances. I was also told that I would receive a return kit and if I did not return it within 5 days I would incur a fee of $50. As of 11/14/16 I had not received the return kit. I called back to Hughes Net customer service and spoke with "Carl". I was told that I would not receive a return kit until between Dec 2 and 10. I do not recall being advised of that during my phone conversation with "Trixy". I also asked again about the cancellation fee. After a long hold, he came back on the line and apologized however I would have to pay the fee and it would be automatically taken out of my account. I was not in agreement with this therefore I asked how this could be avoided. He stated that in order to avoid the automatic withdrawal he would have to switch me to paper billing which would cost an additional $5.00! Keep in mind that I had endured multiple times of being placed on hold and multiple apologies for having to be on hold. I asked him to send me a paper bill and he then informed me that I would have to get my husband on the line to OK this action...my husband was at work and not available and he had already given permission to cancel the service. I simply wanted a paper bill to be sent to my address. Perhaps it would be beneficial to have your representatives explain early on that they must deal with the account owner if any changes are being made. I offered this suggestion to "Carl" and he acknowledged that he would pass this suggestion along. I also noted that he must apologize quite often every day to customers. He actually stated that yes, he did. This is certainly unfortunate not only for the employees but for the company itself. "Carl" abruptly hung up on me in the middle of a sentence. I find this type of mishandling of business completely unacceptable. As a professional, I believe in conducting business with the belief that the customer should be treated in a fair and respectable manner. I felt neither with this company. I experienced slow internet service, poor customer service and felt used and lied to by this company. I formally request that my cancellation fee be waived. I am prepared to pursue this request until an amenable agreement can be made.
        Monica Rauton

Hughes.netinternet

Have had their service since March 2014, but service deteriorated for 6 months. Have their number on speed dial, calling about slow or no service. They refuse to send someone out, or connect us to a different channel. Constant calling in not getting service, speed tests under 60%, paying for full service, latest test only 1% of their average. Have had internet ever since AOL started, then cable internet, Never had problems like this, why is Hughes.net still in business ?

Hughesnet Internet Services — hughesnet satellite internet

We ordered Hughsnet on 07-26-16 and paid for the modem, bought a router (to avoid monthly rental) and paid...

Hughesnet — refuse to send me a box to send back the equipment

Hughes net is the rudest company I have ever tried to deal with. I purchased their product in May. After they...

Hughesnetunethical behavior

Aug 3, 2016
            Phone cancellation of Satellite internet service ref# [protected]
            I was paid through August 8th on my recurring 30 day data cycle but was told that since my billing cycle was on the 4th, my service would end on the 4th.
            Therefore, I paid for service that was not delivered. Their customer service kept repeating over and over that the data cycle had nothing to do with the billing cycle. This is a confiscatory policy that only comes up once when you cancel. They owe me $15.83 for the 5 days of data I paid for but was denied.

Hughesnetinternet

We live in an area that can not provide internet. So we have been on Hughs Net for 2 years. Every month we have to add data no matter how little we think we are using. Now instead of running out of Data in one week before time its two weeks so we have to add more. When I call to talk to someone I can hardly understand them. Because the internet is so slow today when I added more gigs it charged me for 6 instead of two. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they did not let me. Then they said they could not take off the extra gigs but would credit me with 21 dollars. which they should have credited me with 32 since it is 16 dollars for 2 extra gigs and I was charged for 6. They finally understood. But I will have to say something is fishy and not right. They charge a lot of money for the biggest package which is 20 gigs and I still wind up paying almost and over 200 dollars a month!!! I wish so bad I could have AT&T. This is a scam!!!

Hughesnetinternet

We have had HughesNet since December 2016 and it is slow and unreliable. In June it stopped working completely and we called their service department. They said there would be a fee for the service and that the dish was misaligned. I agreed and they sent out the same tech who did the initial installation. The day he installed it the weather was horrible. It was driving rain and wind and when he came back because it wasn't working he said he missed the stud the first time. Over time the weather moved the dish so eventually it became misaligned. When I called and asked that the fee be waved because it was an installation problem they refused saying it was out of warrant and they noticed problems in April and why didn't I call at that time as it would have been free. I didn't call because the service has been bad from the beginning so I had no idea there was a problem. Do not get Hughes net as it is very slow and expensive and their sales people will lie to you to get you to sign up. The maximum gigs are 50 and other providers give you 250. Not only is it too slow to stream, 1 movie uses about 3 gigs out of 50 so it is not feasible.

• Ju
                    JustSomeGuy27 Jun 25, 2016

First off its incredible that you have had the service since December 2016 since that date is in the future. I agree that the installer did a bad job at putting in the system, but that is human error. Hughesnet was not the one not providing the bad service it was the installer, who are contracted out and do not work directly for Hughesnet that made the error. Second off Hughesnet is not made to replace other land line internet provider. There mission and reason they are in business is to provide internet service to people that do not have reliable dsl/cable service or no other internet providers at all. Now as far as the streaming goes if you set your setting on Netflix or whatever service you are using for this to Low/Standard you will get much more data usage from watching a video. But again Hughesnet is not trying to be your Netflix internet provider. If you are living in an area where Hughesnet, or another satellite internet provider is your only option, i would recommend getting a TV provider for that.

Hope this helps future customers of a company that actually does care about the service they provide.

Hughesnet — internet service

The first month I began a 2 yr contract with Hughesnet I called to cancel because it was too slow for me to...

Hughesnetinternet service

I have just started working for a Company from home. I had Hughesnet Installed because I wanted the best internet service that I could have. I live in the mountains and I was worried about getting a good signal. Apparently Hughesnet has a very high PING, 900-1200. I was not told this by my salesman. I need a PING the is at 150 to be able to use my Cisco phone through my computer. Since this is the case, I need to cancel my Hughesnet. It was just installed a week ago. I was told that I would have to pay a $1200 Early Cancellation Fee. I would be happy to return all of the equipment to you. I have no need services. Can you help me with this? No one will allow me to talk to a Manager and they will not even discuss helping me. I had no idea that the PING would be a problem! It causes very bad call connections and I can not use it at all. I look forward to hearing from you!

Janice Brady Oct 05, 2016

I am also a new cust of hughsnet. It is not working for me either, I was told untruths abouth pricing, service, and more. I called to cancel. It is the law in my state that you have a 30 day period to cancel they CANNOT charge you the early termination fees. I never signed anything with this company. I contacted my bank as I used that card to get the FRAUD service. My bank strongly advised me to cancel this card, I did so gladly. I will be happy to go to court, many many pple are never told the truth. VERY limited service. You would have to be an attorney to understand their 'contract, which by the way, u can't even access until you are already signed up and the satelite is on your roof. We'll see if they try to charge me, I hope you can get out of this cause its overwhelming for a simple internet connection. I think there will be lawsuits eventually . They don't disclose the truth and the advertising is very misleading. Good Luck my dear.

Hughesnetunethical behavior

This fiasco started on April 12 2016..I phoned to request new service.As this location is fairly remote, I explained very clearly that the installer we to contact me. I was given I stall date of April 21..of course I did not receive a call from installer so I called myself.When I spoke to the office I once again explained the remote location. The installers cancelled the install date to the 22nd..then they cancelled the appointment to Saturday the 23rd. I once again explined the remote area. The installer was not listening. His employee called at 3PM..he was at least 3 hours away at that point & when he heard that he cancelled again. We had to drive to met him and bring to job..we waited the entire day for nothing. I phoned this AM. Spoke to the installer owner.He was rude, tried to blame all this onme, then hung up.Phoned back and once again would not take responsibility for not meeting the obligation of installing the Hughes Net as well as Hughes Net voice & Dish.I phoned Hughes Net to try and get some resolution. .they could not even find my order.
                    Case #[protected].Company Vliet View Installation.

Hughesnet Satellite — internet/home phone service

HughesNet Satellite is a total rip off. I have their internet/home phone service and I've experienced...

Hughesnetemail account was canceled

I've never in my life been so upset iv had the services for five years had so many problems that I cancelled my services. I was never told my email would be canceled. Well as of yesterday I was unable to access that account I have a construction company and have five years of company files stored on this email. And now have no way to access it. They told me all files are gone and there is no way to access them from there end so all my company info is gone so pissed there are very important company files that I have never backed up didn't think I would ever have this problem. I have access still to email service that I have canceled in the past and have never had my email canceled because of leaving there service

Hughesnet — phone service and sales

When I signed up for internet and phone service I was told by two sales people that the price would be $59.95...

Hughesnetinternet customer service

Have Had troubles with billing since the state!!! Lost tons of money...even after we faxed proof and still wasn't credited. Not as of todays invoice you are showing a reversal of payment of over $98.00. Will not send any paperwork to show me in hard copy where this happened. My Bill is under Jackie Barrett. This is getting completely out of control. Want to cancel but they want me to charge me well over $200. I want the reversal of the $98.++ they themselves reversed, CREDITED!!! This is all HughesNet

• Tr
                            Traci Finkel May 05, 2016

I thought Hughes Net was a better internet provider. But I found out it isn't. Technicall service did not help me with my slow service. A Mr Mendez was very rude . all I wanted was a little service . your people. And service really suck. I will replace you. You have no problem taking my money but a big issue helping .

Hughesnetinternet service

We had been with them for a couple of years, but something changed last December. Suddenly we started being hit with our bandwidth cap and had to purchase "tokens" on order to maintain bandwidth through the last week or so of the billing period.

Tech support assured us it was because we had increased our bandwidth use. This was surprising, as my wife and I are empty nesters and our habits had not changed. More to the point, bandwidth tracking at our router showed no changes, and no additional devices were logging in.

It was, simply, we had mysteriously run afoul of HughesNet bandwidth allotment. Multiple calls to support fell on deaf ears; they were sure it was our fault.

We've changed Internet providers and would not, under any circumstances, recomend HughesNet due to its accounting practices.

Hughesnet — this is so unbelievable

I purchased a service from them over a year ago. I was assured by the sales agent that the package we were...