HousingAnywhereerror misleading

J Jul 15, 2019

On July the 10th I concluded an agreement with Housing Anywhere about renting the studio at Carrer d'en Robador, Barcelona. At the conclusion of this agreement I assumed the following situation: "Very cosy studio in the center of Barcelona. Open diaphanous space of 35m2, with a kitchen, living area, dining table, a closet, with balcony to the street. Very bright. Spacious bathroom Double bed. equipped kitchen Charming ceiling with exposed wooden beams and a warm atmosphere in the center of the city".

However, the actual situation is as follows: The studio did not coincide with the advertisement. I found mice excrement in the kitchen and a cockroach in the corridor. Also the furniture was damaged. The street is a very unsafe place for a single woman. It is a criminal environment with junkies and prostitutes at the front door (and not at all a warm environment). This was not mentioned in the advertisement.

If I knew in advance what the actual situation was, I would not have concluded the agreement with you. There is therefore an error now. You have withheld information regarding the bad and unsafe neighbourhood while you knew it was important. You have indicated / promised me: " Very cosy studio in the center of Barcelona. Open diaphanous space of 35m2, with a kitchen, living area, dining table, a closet, with balcony to the street. Very bright. Spacious bathroom Double bed. equipped kitchen Charming ceiling with exposed wooden beams and a warm atmosphere in the center of the city".

On the basis of error (Chapter 5 Article 1266 of the Spanish Civil Code) I cancel the agreement. I request you to respond to my letter within 14 days of the date of this letter and to repay the amount of € 912.50.