HotMovieSale.comONLINE CON - SCAM

Buyer beware! I purchased a movie online at HOTMOVIESALE.COM on 3/7/2010. The company said that the movie had not been released yet and offered to put me on a waiting list, but I was required to pay for it first. So I purchased it and then waited at least 2 months before it finally arrived. I thought no more of it after that. Nearly a year later I discovered that HOTMOVIESALE.COM had continued to ding my credit card monthly at the rate of $9.95 for the first 6 months after the movie purchase and then increased the amount they were charging my card to 19.95 per month thereafter. After deducting a total of $192.65 (which included the amount for the DVD which was $13.25) from my card, I finally noticed the inappropriate deductions they had been making. When I called to see what the charges were all about, they said that I had agreed to a monthly membership plan when I made my first purchase. When I threatened an investigation, they agreed to cancel my membership and told me they could only refund the last 3 months payments for a total of $59.85. When I made the DVD purchase, I did not see any indication that the site was a member only site, nor did I fill out an application for membership. I didn't receive an email that welcomed me to my new DVD club, like you would normally see if doing such. If I'd received something like that it would have thrown up a red flag, I only received a confirmation of the DVD purchase. No disclosure was made regarding automatic withdrawls from my account, nor did I give an approval for such. On visiting the site today, I noticed that they have changed the "purchase" or "checkout" button to one that says "join" which would vaguely suggest that you are joining a club instead of just making a purchase. I have notified my credit card company about the fraudulent charges. I would recommend that customers avoid this website unless they are willing to have their credit card automatically charged monthly, and have the automatic withdrawls increase without receiving prior notification.