Hotels.comhotel site

I had the absolute worst experience with this site. I booked a room for my family and I in Connecticut, about a week in advance. After a 4 hour drive, we arrived at the hotel in a rainstorm. It took me 45 minutes just to get to checkin due to a long line. Finally, I was called to the desk, only to be told that hotels.com canceled our reservation. I immediately called hotels.com and explained what the front desk just told me. The customer service rep looked up my reservation and assured me he would handle this and he would call the hotel to straighten it out. After a half hour, I got a call back from hotels.com saying that they don't know what happened, but the hotel is overbooked and there was nothing they could do. I explained that I had a very important event to attend that I paid a fortune for tickets, in just a few hours. He again assured me he would find another place. After a long time on hold, he came back with a hotel that was an hour away in the opposite direction. I told him i would miss the event and that I need something close. Well after 2 hours of being on the phone, NOTHING was done. I was left on hold for over 45 min and eventually just hung up. I missed the event, my children were heart broken and my wife was justifiably very upset. We missed the event and wound up driving back, 4 hours for nothing. The customer service I received was horrific and we could not be more disappointed. I trusted your site to provide a roof over my families head while we were in an area that we had never been to, only to be left out in the rain.

• St