Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ — unethical practice from a not-for-profit organization
Unethical practice from a not-for-profit organization
On 6/24/2010 I and the entire group of developers I work with at horizon blue cross-blue shield of new jersey were laid off from. So my 18 month contract with this large insurance company located in newark nj was cut short by about a year. They claim it was a decision made by upper management to outsource all of our work and they blam... E it on the economy. This has left us all without a job in very tough time again, when work is scarce and job are very hard to come by.
While the outsourcing will be provided by ibm, it will be done off-shore. Which means my job is going over-seas (india). And we all wonder why the "economy" is doing so bad. If we don't have jobs or the money to buy your products, we won't. And even though you take my job over-seas and pay them my salary, guess what, they won't buy your products either. Because they are over-seas and want nothing to do with your insurance and your products. So any cost savings will worthless in the long run because we are without jobs and cannot afford to buy anything from you.
This was very unfair of horizon blue-cross blue shield and ibm to do. This is the sort of work ethics that is destroying the us economy. Companies are outsourcing work to over-seas operations, which is reducing the available work from the unemployed labor force in the united states.
Hbcbs is a not-for-profit organization, which is getting tax brakes in nj for their standings. These are very unfair practices, to send work, and pay, to overseas operation instead of hiring from the unemployed labor force in the us at a time where jobs are scarce at is it.
I also blame ibm for providing this cheap labor at the cost of us citizens not being hired at a time where jobs are scarce as it is. All for cutting costs.
Especially when 3.5+ million was paid out this year to the hbcbs ceo. (articles below)
Obscene bonus for blue cross ceo | gather
Blue cross ceo's pay rose 26% - the boston globe
So again I am out of work. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in 2 years of being back from florida. I moved back to the ne because of the bad job market in florida at the time, only to find that the job market in the ne is just as bad.
More Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ Complaints & Reviews
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Florida - bait and switch!
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Of New Jersey Basic & Essential Epo Plan - horizon ignores my claim and won't pay bill
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Florida - policy stupidity
- Blue Cross Blueshield - scam and cheating
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Mass. - bill fandrich
- Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Alabama - unwanted advertising
- Blue Shield and Blue Cross - blue shield and blue cross health insurance premioum price fixing probe
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - prescription supplies
- Bluecross Blueshield - bluecross blueshield rejecting all my dependents medical claims wrongly stating last name is wrong.
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield - fraud