Hooblypug puppy transaction

J

A woman claiming to be Courtney advertised pug puppies for sale at their cost of $400 in Rochester, ny. I sent her a $150 deposit on December 9th, 2018 through google pay to hold the puppy, she sent pics etc. For a few weeks then suddenly I could no longer contact her. The phone number she uses is [protected]. Her email was [protected]@gmail.com. She claimed the puppy would come with a puppy kit, health vaccinations, be used to baths and attested on potty training, blah blah. I have not heard from her since December 17th now. Sadly this was supposed to be a Christmas gift for our 16 year old son...we now have to explain to him that we were scammed by some dishonest loser.

pug puppy transaction

• Mi
    Miss4455 Apr 29, 2021

I am attaching to see if this is the number you had or a similar name? Maybe go after her.

Comments

• Am
    AMRedy Nov 15, 2019

Her new name she is using is Casey vipley

• Am
    AMRedy Nov 15, 2019

She scammed me in New Jersey for a bengal cat and took $150 as a deposit. She now goes by the same if Casey vipley

• Yo
    Yodergoat Aug 26, 2019

I have also encountered this person, selling Pembroke/Cardigan cross Corgis for $400, supposedly in Crossville TN. Said her name was Courtney Tipton. Communicated decently, sent pictures of adorable puppy from an app in which her username was persian20191057. I paid the deposit. Then I found an ad under same username k9093 at Hoobly selling pugs in Fayetteville NC, with a different phone number but same wording in the ad. Claims to be deaf, so will not take calls. When asked about it, she claims her account was hacked but all these complaints against her prove otherwise. She said she'd refund the deposit tonight. We'll see, but everything up to this point has been a lie so I'm sure that is also. I used PayPal friends and family. Big mistake on my part. What a disappointment. She's not just taking people's money, she's stealing their hopes, their eagerness for a puppy, and their trust. Beware anyone with the name Courtney Tipton, email c t i p 2229 (at) g m a i l. Phone number changes according to area she's claiming to sell from. I'm just glad we found out sooner rather than later. I should have known better. Wish I'd googled her name first!

• Mi
    Miss4455 Apr 29, 2021

@Yodergoat She is going by Jennifer Tipton user P22. No more buying on Hoobly! This is so stupid.

• Sc
    scrbrk Dec 29, 2018

Courtney is getting around, she has scammed in Texas, me in Georgia now New York, she needs to be caught quickly.

• Tr
    Tracy Sayre Girolami Jan 22, 2019

@scrbrk Ugh!!! She scammed me in Seattle. I’m so mad.