Menu
Home Online Scams HomeStars Misleading website and its scam

HomeStars review: Misleading website and its scam

L
Author of the complaint
7:22 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

His website www.Homestars.com claims to aid homeowners/business owners in the selection process for contractors who are reputable and trustworthy and to also inform the user of who to watch out for.

Here is the reality of Homestars.com/CA; They take money from contractors to list with them which completely negates their ability to offer a true unbiased opinion.

When questioned about this I was told that, We take our site very seriously and accusations very seriously. Since enlightening Homestars about one of their listed contractors and the fraud in which they engage, I have received no more responses to my claim about Homestars from Homestars.

They have no screening process for the contractors they list. Homestars is a bought and paid for listing service. Homestars concern is not aiding the unsuspecting homeowner but in their own bank account.

Homestars will edit/remove your comments and complaints without explanation or claim that the comment info is not substantiated, they do not apply this same editing to a contractor about to purchase their ‘premium’ listing service.

Be warned, Homestars is useless unless you are trying to attract potential victims. I know because I am one of them. See my post on Hawthorne Kitchen Design.

0 comments