Home Instead Senior Care — Defense
I am sorry so many of you are so angry. As many of you have stated, franchises, by definition have the right to operate independently, and I am grateful I work for a very loyal, dedicated owner, who places our CAREGivers above our office staff. I am a HR manager at one of the franchises.
Currently, CGs were given an annual increase, office staff have not had an increase in 3 years. Owner, doesn't always get a paycheck. We have a fun game we play at our meetings that demonstrates to the employees where that hourly charge to the client goes...things like taxes, workers compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, rent, franchise fees, health insurance. The employees are always surprised to see they are the biggest chunk of that hourly charge...the owner gets a whopping 10 cents on each hour billed!
As far as my employees...I'll hold them up to any HISC office. Our retention rate is very high and we're proud of that! I say no to a lot of people I interview. Not only do we background check, check reference, and bond each of our employees, we drug test them. A 9 panel plus oxycoton test. Can't have someone stealing Grandma's medicine can we? And we absorb that cost into our hourly fee, as well!
Recently, one of our employees went to another office to work, and unfortunately experienced some of the same frustrations mentioned here...lack of training, lack of follow-thru from the scheduler on promises of short-notice incentives. However, rather than be bitter and post hateful half truths on a board like this, she called us and asked for advice. We told her schedule an appt. with the owner and the scheduler to discuss the concerns. HISC is all about CG satisfaction. I'm happy to report she is now happily working for that office and all issues have been resolved.
My point? Nothing is solved by this form of communication - good or bad! Make an appointment and go talk to whomever you feel wronged you...chances are it was either not intentional or not real ... just your perception.
More Home Instead Senior Care Complaints & Reviews
- Home Instead Senior Care - Avoid like a plague
- Home Instead Senior Care - BAD CARE GIVERS
- Home Instead Senior Care - treat the employees like total crap and lie to the clients
- Home Instead Senior Care - liars misguided
- Home Instead Senior Care - Poor managment
- Home Instead Senior Care - All this company is about is taking money, from the elderly
- At Home Instead - dishonest employees
- Home Instead Senior Care - discrimination at hisc lack the honesty, integrity, and compassionate care of peoples
- Home Instead St. Louis - Don't care about their worker or Client's
- Home Instead Senior Care - Beware potential employees