Hollard Insurance Companyunethical behaviour/ lack in customer satisfaction/service delivery

S

Salutations

It's been almost 2 months now and I'm yet to receive feedback with regards to my complaint. I think I have been very fair with the time frame given to you by me to resolve this matter. In 2014 when I took the funeral policy, I was advised that the interest will accumulate at a rate of 6% p.a to no avail. I called in to take the "cover up to 21 family members"policy, thinking I will add family members onto the existing policy I have. The consultant advised that I could not add people to the existing policy as I am not the membe? The consultant then advised when questioned about the existing policy, that I will be contacted by a consultant from customer service. The customer service consultant argued with me about what was said and we came to a conclusion that the recordings will be listened to and if I was advised of such that I will need to pay back 3 years of back dated premiums. I advised the customer service consultant why must I take the fall for such when it is not my error. I have now complained to the complaintsboard and will share this on social media, hellopeter and the like.

I request that the service I am paying for be honored by the 6% on the principle amount cover with immediate effect. Treat this as a matter of Urgency !

Mayverene Africa Sep 06, 2017

I am totaly disgusted with Hollard Funeral Plan. After having this insurance for more then 10 years I found out my policy lapsed because 2 consecutive debit orders was not received by Hollard. This after I phoned Hollard in August to find out if my insurance was up to date as I received a return sms from my bank. The consultant then informed me that my policy was up to date but I should contact my bank to find out if there was any returns and if this was the case I could make a direct deposit into Hollards Life bank account and gave me the details to make the payment. I then asked him if he was sure that it was up to date as I was unaware of the debit order that failed and wasnt informed by Hollard that they did not receive any payment and dont want the plan to lapse, which he then reasured me that all was ok. On contacting the bank I was told that the debit was retuned. I then made a payment on 4 August direct into there bank account. When checking my statements on 1 September I saw that Hollard didnt deduct the monthly debit order. I then phoned and spoke to a consultant which told me that the policy had lapsed. I asked how that could be possible after I phoned in on 1 August as well and made a payment 4 August she told me that the payment was made to late. After explaining the conversation I had with the consultant in August she told me that no call was logged on my profile for August except for the 2 call I made that morning. She then told me they can re-instate the policy but a waiting period of 3 months will apply. I am so frustrated that I have to be penalised for a error that a consultant made and for the fact that I misplaced my reference number for the call in August. I use to advice my family members and friend to join Hollard. After this incident I will never advice anybody to join this Insurance Combany. I still cant believe after 10 years of being a faithfull payer they can just laps your policy without warning or even understanding the predicament that the client find themselves in. I made the payment and now have to wait 3 months before I can put in a claim. I am so disgusted to think a funeral policy is a personal matter for each individual and for a Insurance company to treat a client like this. I still cant believe.