Hi-Fi Corporation - River Walk, Botswana / Sony Bravia Home Theatrewrong product supplied

M

I bought a the above mentioned Home theatre with DVD Player from HI-FI Corporation, River Walk, Botswana for Pula 4650 (invoice no: [protected]) according to their advt. on 1st of October2007. In advt. it is clearly mentioned that the new HDMI technology. But the Home Theatre SONY Bravia is HDMI and the DVD Player that i got is not HDMI compatible. When i contacted the dealer they are not aware of this and mentioned that there is no HDMI DVD player for SONY. But i came to know from your EXPO conducted in Johannesburg on 13th October 2007 in Sandton City that ther is HDMI Compatible DVD Player is in the market. i also seen HDMI Compatible DVD Player in other shops in Gaborone but our dealer is blaming their supplier and they are not ready to replace my DVD Player with the new HDMI Compatible DVD and i didnt get any warranty card from SONY at the same time. They are mentioning their invoice a 14 day replacement guarantee if you are not happy with the product. On 15th October 2007 i am reaching the 14th day. Till now there is no reply from them. I really got cheated. Beware!

• Updated by Moshala · Aug 25, 2018

Hi there,

I went to Jabulani mall to Hi Fi Corp to purchase TV using the attached example of gift card but I had the Cresta Gift Debit Card, which can be used anywhere and everywhere and I was advised that I can't use it. Can you please tell my Why you are unable to pay with it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Angry Customer

• Pr
    Precious Ledwaba Mar 10, 2020

I bought goods of R27 000 on the 17 Feb.i was promised a gift card of R450 today when I went to collect it I was told the voucher was valid until 31Dec. SACPA Rule no:5 The right to redress Consumers must receive a fair settlement of just claims, including compensation form Is
    representations.Kindly help I want my R450.00 that was promised please.

• Ts
    Tshegofatso Makgopa Jan 15, 2020

I ordered a number of items in December 2019 which were supposed to be delivered on the 3rd January 2019 which includes a stove, pots, kettle and iron. A week later the stuff has still not been delivered and Im forever being told that the matter is being escalated but nothing is happening.

• Th
    Thyla Jan 01, 2020

Bought a sansui 32" tv on 5 december 2017 and its goving me problems. When does the 24 month warranty expire? 05 of the month or is the warranty from december to december?
    Please help as i am seeing alot of complaints about sansui tv that pack up arpund the end of their warranties
    [email protected]

• Wi
    wihona vickers Dec 25, 2019

I send my details in they said I'm approved then when I came in to the store they said I can't get the account cause my pay does come in every month the same date.Why can't I get approved..

Comments

• Da
    Daniella0000 Dec 16, 2019

I ordered a fridge and food processor a week ago. NO contact has been made with regard to delivery, I cannot get through to customer care and not one of my emails have had any response. We have to use a cooler box at home instead of a fridge while I try and contact this useless company! Extremely dissatisfied!!!

• Ro
    Roseanne Hosman Dec 14, 2019

I ordered two things on the 30th of November 2019 online 5 working days has passed already as it informed me I should get it within 2 to 5 working days and I still didnt get my order no notifications to inform me why it's taking so long, I send them an email asking why it's taking so long no reply.. Very disappointed...!!! ¡!!!

Charlie Nthodi Dec 09, 2019

I ordered a TV online, my payment (& order) was confirmed on the 28th Nov 2019.

What do i have to do to get any update on my delivery? Your customer care line isnt working. The email address in the sms you sent is also not working.

• Sh
    Shaun yUys Nov 04, 2019

Good Day

I have trying to just find the status of my application at the above mentioned branch with a man named steven and they keep saying they will phone back but they don't and when i phone again he is constantly out the store.

• Ph
    phumeza modi Sep 11, 2019

On the 10th August I bought an item online that was on special, the delivery was suppose to take place with 2-6 days I've called asked to be referred to the senior person I didn't get any assistance the complaint number is Dear Customer.
    Your HIFI CORP complaint # [protected], toll now no one knows when am I going to receive my unit.

• Nt
    nthako johan Sep 08, 2019

I went to the store around 18:05 and i was told to go because they can't assist me, by" seven" :19:00pm the shop is going to be closed ..therefore the system takes long..i refused to go until that 19:00 and i was chased out like a dog ...i regret going there ..

• Si
    Sithembiso Mnisi Aug 31, 2019

Hi: I bought a Hi-Sense Smart TV on the 23rd or 24th December 2016. They told me it had a two year warranty and I paid for a one year extended warranty. The TV is no longer working and the Nelspruit, The Grove, Hi-fi Cooperation doesn't want to assist me.

• Tu
    Tumelo Billy Modiba Oct 22, 2018

Hi. I would like to know how long it take to close an account with hi fi corp as the account was paid off last year and it still shows active account on my report. This is bringing my credit report down. How do i get to close that account

• Da
    DanielPK Oct 21, 2018

Have extended warrenty on dryer but have been waiting more than a month for devective part to be replaced and dryer to be fixed locally (Nelspruit)

• Mo
    Moshala Sep 01, 2018

Hi there,

Hope to hear from you soon.

Angry Customer

Comments

• Ko
    Koketso Ramalepe Aug 20, 2018

.I went to hifi corporation around January 2018 to open an account with them, then they promised to call me the following day to complete the contract nd they never did, aftr four months they call me to tell me my account was approved nd they will debit my account on the 27. I already have the stuff i wanted from them. Help me what can i do?

• Ka
    KathyG7 Aug 20, 2018

Extremely disappointed with the service, made numerous complaints with absolutely no assistance recieved.

Why have a 5 year warranty if you never going to assist a customer when something goes wrong.

Even the customer care within store dont know anything!!!

Really ridiculous service!