Hess Gas Stationrefusal to refund or exchange broken toy truck

I bought a Hess truck for Christmas from that gas station and found out that the truck did not work. When I went back to the gas station to exchange for another truck, the employee told me to go to the Old Bridge Hess gas station, which was about 7 miles away, because they take care of any returns or exchanges. Like an idiot I listened and drove to that gas station while there was a torrential downpour in the midst of rush hour traffic. The employee there was just as bad. He ask me to take the truck out of the box all the while with no intention of refunding or exchanging the product. Then he tells me that I should take the toy back to where I bought it because they don't take trucks from other gas stations. So I was fuming at this point and I drove back to the original gas station and demanded that I either get a refund or an exchange. Constantly, he kept saying to come back in the morning to speak to his manager and said that the manager will gladly refund or exchange the truck. While he was telling me this he was selling a Hess truck to another customer and there were boxes of these trucks sitting behind the counter. My wife was fuming while watching from our car that she came out and rip him a new one and demanded a refund or exchange. Now both of us are chewing him out because logic doesn't seem to sink into his thick skull. At this point he said he will call the manager(you mean he couldn't have done this from the beginning? Or it didn't have to escalate to this) Before calling he ask me to step out of the store into the torrential downpour that was getting worse and I said "no way!!!". Why do I have to step out just for him to make that unnecessary phone call?!?!? At this point I was beyond angry after trying to deal with someone that was dumber than dumb. Bottom line was that I was not going to leave until I either get a refund or exchange. Somehow, that idiot employee realize that I was not leaving and I was losing my cool that he exchanged my truck for a new one. This will be the last time I will ever buy a Hess truck after buying them for years. One word of advice for those whose wish to buy Hess trucks from a Hess gas station is to bring a small screwdriver and open the toy and test it while you are still at the gas station. This will save you the headache that I had to endure. Take it one step further and test the truck before paying them because once the cash is in their hands they will have no knowledge of your transaction.

Happy Holidays!!!

• Fu
    Fuming customer Feb 10, 2013

My son was put in a foster home and he could not even enjoy the truck that I bought for his birthday.

• Fu
    Fuming customer Feb 10, 2013

Thank you and the worst thing was that I was so angry after this that I beat up my nine year old son and he had to be taken to the hospital and they contacted CPS and my wife and I were arrested for child abuse.

• He
    Hess Customer Service Dec 28, 2011

We're sorry to hear you had an issue at one of our locations. This location is owned an operated by a Hess franchisee. This franchisee has implemented a "discount for cash" pricing strategy. The price sign reads "Regular, Cash Price". We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have further questions, please contact the Hess customer service center by phone at [protected] or by email at [email protected]