Hampton Innpoorly run hotel

D

If you enjoy the antics of the three stooges, you will appreciate the staff at the Carol Stream Hampton Inn. This hotel is a study in mismanagement and a wonderful example of how not to run a hotel. Wrong beats right by two to one at this roadside disaster. From the maids leaving no towels or tissues, but taking the remote, to the handy man plugging the Ethernet cable into an empty hole in the wall, you laugh until you cry. This ineffective stopping place for the road weary occupies what once was Illinois prairie. Mother nature should take back her land and dispel the false hopes and promises of the Hampton.

• Li
    Lipirane Apr 22, 2012

I work for FEMA and when I checked in to Hampton Inn 10-20-11 located Hershey, PA. I gave the desk clerk a tax exempt form for the state of Pennsylvania, The next morning when I checked out I notce that the taxes had not been removed from my check out receipt. I asked the desk clerk, could she look for the form that were submitted for tax exemption, which she did, but stated that she could not remove the tax, because her Manager was not there. She than made a call to her manager; and were told that she could only remove the County room tax but not the state tax.

I informed the clerk that I need 0 balance with the correct pricing on the receipt, which she said that she could not provide.The clerk wanted me to leave with a inconplete receipt and stated that her manager would e mail me if correction needed to be made. I finally decided that i would pay for the taxes and went to turn my key in. That manager just walked in and did give me my 0 balance. This was very stressful in a stressful situation because no one was availble that was knowlegable of dealing with matters like this. I have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn, but this is far the worse encounter that I have experience at any Hotel.

• Id
    Idocare Apr 13, 2012

I don't think the Hampton Inn cares as you haven't taken a vacation in 10 years so haven't used a hotel.
    Your wife is a ### and your children are stupid. Perhaps you should pull a Susan Smith on your sad family as you don't seem to care for them

• We
    We are divorced now Apr 13, 2012

How could you talk to your wife like that and call yourself a "husband" or even a "man" I bet you don't have the balls to talk to a man this way face to face. You just like pushing women around.

You verbally abuse your wife and children and expect the hotel to pay for your vacation because you cannot act your age. The "desk jockey" may have looked ten to you, but you are the one behaving like a ten year old.

I left an abusive relationship. First it was verbal abuse, then physical. Once my no ex husband hit my ten year old son I decided enough was enough and left him. My brother wanted to fight him, and like a coward because he was dealing with another man my ex husband backed down. He was like you the type that likes to beat down women and children. Had no respect for women and children. I hope that your wife makes the same wise decision I made and leaves you before the abuse turns physical.

• Fr
    frank53 Apr 13, 2012

your credit card declined you jerk
    and why would a hotel pay for your crap-tacular experience at Disney?
    'cause you're too cheap?
    hope the wife takes that hot pan of bacon grease and gives you a good dump and thump tomorrow morning

BaIme Apr 13, 2012

What is an SEO complaint you ###?

BaIme Apr 13, 2012

Well she had a good reason to cry. The reason she was crying was because after my room was cancelled I told my children we were going back home. We were no longer going to Disney. They were really looking forward to Disney. My children cried and protested and I told them to stop acting like babies and that we were going home. My wife stood up for them. At this point because they cancelled I was beyond angry. I am ashamed of this but I called her a ### and told her she was stupid because she probably gave the wrong card number and that is why we are in this mess.up. I also told her that the desk jockey looked like a ten year old girl and this is what happens when women are left to make wrong decisions. They give the wrong card number they cancel our bookings ect. We got into an argument about the role model I was setting for our children Especially my son. That I am teaching my nine year old son to treat women like trash. I later apologized but the trip was already ruined because of this ten year old desk jockey (whom my wife insists on calling a lady instead of girl) We did eventually stay at a no name roach motel. However the whole mood was spoiled and my stupid wife blames me. I blame the Hampton Inn for ruining our vacation and the lest they can do is pay for our trip to Disney for making me fight with my family.

Balme Apr 13, 2012

After traveling over 7 hours with three small children on our first vacation in 10 years, (the best I could manage was 2 days off) we arrived at the Hampton Inn in Arcata CA with which we had made reservations 4 months ahead of time, only to be told that our room had been given away 45 minutes prior because there was something wrong with the card number in their file. They called our home, obviously to no answer due to fact that it was 400 miles away and we were driving.

By now I have a wife and three kids crying in the car with nowhere to go and the only thing offered is the number to some no name roach motel. The only reason we were going to stay there was because they have been decent in the past. It is a full hour away from anything we had planned on doing on our short visit. They haven’t offered to do anything to make it right. The 10 year old looking desk jockey had the power and authority to ruin our weekend but none whatsoever when it came to saving it. I’ll definitely not use a Hampton owned business again if this is their policy towards customers and families.

• Oh
    OhWowReally Dec 08, 2011

You really can't take this out on the desk clerk. The fact is a manager is needed to do the removal of the taxes is not the clerks fault. I've also noticed this common sense of almost smugness of people that carry tax exempt forms. They act like these forms are as common as debit cards, that clerks see these every day, multiple times a day. The fact is that the clerk may have never dealt with a tax exempt customer before. Everything worked out in the end, yet you still seem to hold in a good deal of anger about the incident. Maybe you need to take a deep breath and calm down.

chikn Dec 07, 2011

• Wo
    world traveler01 Jul 04, 2011

I suggest posting on TripAdvisor so people can avoid the bad treatment and getting infested themselves!!

• Ho
    hokiegirl02 Jun 11, 2011

First off I will say that it's a real shame that this hotel is so nice, but a rude staff and a rude manager will RUIN anything. I am a seasonal employee who stayed at this property, every morning my friend would wake up with bites on her, since we were going to the water park during the day and then out at night we just assumed that it was from being outside. On the 2nd day of our stay there was a cockroach in one of our beds, we called the front desk and the lady who barely spoke English came up and got it, apologized and said this hotel NEVER has bugs. As an employee I know that it's possible for ANY property to have bugs, so I shook it off. On the last morning of our stay my friend woke up with bug bites on her stomach, I then knew that it wasn't from being outside, she works in property management and decided to take the bed apart and look for bedbugs. We removed the sheets from the mattress and found a tiny bedbug crawling around. We immediately called the front desk and demanded that a manager come to the room, 45 minutes later we were still waiting. During the said 45 minutes we videoed this little critter crawling around and took pictures. My friend decided to grab a housekeeper from the hallway; the housekeeper came in and said she would call her manager. The housekeeping manager came in and said "eww what's that. She had on rubber gloves and SQUASHED the bug with her finger, killing it. She said “I don’t know what bedbugs are, I’ll can call the manager at the COMFORT INN across the street and see if they can look at them". She then took the dead bug and put it in a cup along with some other dead ones we had found and took it to the desk; we called guest assistance and demanded to speak to the manager who was "off of the property". Guest assistance called the front desk and asked for a manager, we were told he would be back to the property and would speak with us directly. The manger called back while I was in the shower and my friend answered, he told her that first off what was in the cup was not a bug, and secondly he called my hotel and the person who answered didn't know who I was and that I didn't work there and he said he was not going to do anything about it. He was VERY VERY RUDE, and as a Hampton Employee I expect more and better from this person, clearly he missed the 100% satisfaction guarantee video training. I called my manger and she verified that she did not speak to the manager and that it was a front desk employee who wouldn't know that I worked there anyway since I am a seasonal employee. I called back to the desk and spoke with the manger who would not even let me get a word in, I explained to him that I was in fact an employee and that he could call my manger to confirm and he said that he was not going to do that, he said I was lying that there were no bedbugs, I tried to explain to him that we had pictures and video and he said that we made them up, even though they are clearly time stamped from the phone. He said that we needed to vacate the property immediately that the room was rented at 3pm today. I then tried to explain to him that I didn't care about the money that he was going to rent a room to someone else KNOWING it had bedbugs and again he said we had no bugs and we were lying, that it was convenient that we found them on the last day. He said that they were an award winning hotel and they didn't have BUGS. Well Mr. Guess what?? ANY hotel can get bugs, because the bugs don't care what award you've won. Well from now on, I'll be certain to a. NOT EVER stay at this hotel again, b. Contact the heath department and the newspaper about this man and his business, and c. check for bedbugs every single time I check into a hotel on the 1st night.

Comments

• Ar
    Are you Serious? Apr 15, 2010

Actually the rate changes everyday, it is in the computer system. How are they taking advantage. If you want a lower rate then make an appointment with the Director of Sales and ask for a standing rate.

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Sep 08, 2009

I work for a Hampton Inn and our rate all the time is $129.00. They were not take advantage of anybody.

• Me
    Melissa L Sep 04, 2009

If they gave you a lower rate because of having to be evacuated, then why would you be surprised that they have a higher rate under normal circumstances? How were they taking advantage of evacuees?

• Di
    DinZ90 Sep 04, 2009

After being evacuated from the Oak Glen Fire in California we chose the Hampton Inn to spend Sunday night it hopes of returning home the next day. We arrived about 8pm and the desk clerk gave us the evacuee rate of $85. They gave us a late check out the next day that was appreciated.

On Monday Aug.31 we decided to return, called for a room and was quoted a rate starting at $135.

It is sad that a company wants to take advantage of evacuees.

We are business owners in a tourist area with limited lodging possibilities and we will NOT RECOMMEND this Hampton Inn to anyone looking for lodging.

• Ca
    CATHERINE ZULLO Jul 12, 2008

I AM BEING CHEATED BY THE HAMPTON IN LAWTON OK. THE GM BUCKLEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR LAUNDRY I PAID CASH FOR. I AM BEING HARRASSED BY THIS GM. I DO NOT CHEAT AND I DONT WANT TO BE CHEATED. I AM GOING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THE U.S ARMY AT FORT SILL (THEY RECOMMENDED THE HOTEL) AND TRY AND GET THEM TO REMOVE THIS HOTEL FROM ANY AND ALL LIST FOR ANY FAMILY'S GOING TO FT. SILL TO SEE AND SPEND TIME WITH THEIR SOULIDER. I HAVE CONTACTED AN ATTORNEY AND FOR A SMALL FEE, I AM GOING TO FIGHT THIS CHARGE AS LONG AS I HAVE TO. THE STAFF AT THIS HOTEL IS WONDERFUL, THE GM SHOULD BE REMOVED, I AM SURE YOU HAVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS WITH HIM. FOR 63.50 THAT I PAID IN CASH, WHEN I CHECKED OUT AND AGAIN CALLED BACK AND TALKED WITH TRACEY NOTHING WAS OWED, THE GM INSISTS AND I WILL NOT BE CHEATED. HE DID NOT HAVE MY OK TO CHARGE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE TWO ROOMS WE STAYED IN TO MY ACCOUNT, I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS TYPE OF FRAUD.

CATHERINE ZULLO