Grand Canyon University [GCU]financial department

I have been with Gcu for almost 4 years. And have gotten the run around from multiple advisors. It feels like you are stuck in a contract and can't get out. They are not honest and it's unfair. It's my last academic year and I was Told I have No more financial aid funding to finish and they said there's nothing they can do. Of course here I am with now thousands of dollars in debt but right as I'm entering my last year to graduate I'm told you need this or you can not finish they do not tell you these things about loan limits or anything of that nature. And I am a single mother working full time countless hours of school for over 3 years and now I'm being told pay this or you won't be able to continue. This is truly unfair and I have Read hundreds of people going through the same issue. This currently has happened to me within this last week and being I do not Have the funding I'll be walking away without my degree my life my goals are truly broken and something needs to be done so this does not happen again!

Fo
May 07, 2019

Comments

Jul 08, 2019

I was just told this today and I am shocked. I was about to go into my third "year" with GCU. I specifically asked in October of last year how much aid I had left. MY SSC told me a little over $19, 000 and about $6, 856 left and that I would not have to pay out of pocket until October 2020. Here it is July 2019 and was told this morning that I have nothing left and that I now owe the school. I asked two weeks ago as well and my SSC told me that I would owe nothing, but two weeks later I owe $843 and will have to pay out of pocket for the rest of my degree? How does that happen in a matter of two weeks? Then they had the nerves to send me a stipend check for $9.00. If I owe money to the school, why send me a stipend check for a measly $9.00? I am extremely heart broken and don't know what to do.