GoToGatesupport and care

L Jun 27, 2019

I have booked a return flight from Prague to Catania through Gotogate and was told that at a later stage I would be able to add an infant (since my child was not born at the time I only booked for myself and my wife). Following the birth of the child and therefore knowing his date of birth and exact name, I started the process of adding the infant to the flight (at least 1 month prior to the flight). Gotogate told me it was too early to do so and not to worry it would be done.
Meanwhile they charged me 69.00 GBP admin fee.
As the date of travel approached and I had no information from Gotogate, I started to call them regularly (2 times per week). It was always the same story "its too early, don't worry it will be done"...as we approached the last week prior to travel, my calls became more frequent and I was always guaranteed it would happen in the next few hours or the next day. Of course no sign of this being done came so I continued to call. The last 3 days prior to the trip I was calling them 3 times a day sometimes being on the phone for more than 30 minutes (on international calls). One and a half days before the flight I received a call from them saying they cannot add the infant and I should talk to the airline. I of course knew this was not possible as I had tried in the past and the airline confirmed that since the tickets were purchased through an agency that they could not do anything and it was the agency's responsibility. Gotogate of course denied this and told me to talk to the airline. This went back and forth at least 4 times and ultimately the airline suggested I cancelled one of the passengers and re-booked with the infant in the booking. The only thing they could help me with was to split the booking in two to help the agency handle it better.
Gotogate refused to cancel and re-book for me and ultimately I have asked for one passenger to be cancelled and of course they would provide no refund for their negligence.
Now, if I am lucky, my family will travel together but it will cost me an additional reservation for a return ticket of more than 300 Euros.
These incompetent and completely unhelpful people should not have a license to issue air tickets!