Gillece PlumbingIncrediblyhigh price

Z

The feed pipe to my toilet was leaking. Gillece came and repaired it efficiently and quickly. Unfortunately they also charged me $634.00 for doing so. This was about the same price as i paid for the purchase and installation of a new water heater a couple o years ago. The only parts they replaced were the valve assembly inside the tank and the valve and liner from the wall to the toilet. I normally could have done this myself but after having a stroke my left hand is largely useless and I was not physically able to do the work. Being a senior citizen and having only one toilet in the house I was in no position to tell them to go away, pay the $65.00 service call fee and probably still get gouged by some other crooks.

• Lv
    lvmurmaid Aug 05, 2010

I am so sorry to hear about you getting ripped off like that! If I were your neighbor I would have just asked that you pay for parts and my charge would have only been a 12 pack of beer! Raised in the Midwest where they taught us how to be a friend and neighbor first!!! I would suggest that you contact the Better Business in your area or your local senior center where they can maybe can help you out or lead you in the right direction. Make sure you save you receipt...it should have all the parts listed and time it took to fix the toilet. If you still have the guys names that would help also. Call the company also and tell them you feel you were ripped off and will be contacting legal aid for seniors regarding this matter!!! Watch em jump them. If all else fails if you have a "problem solvers" segment on your local news channel they will jump at the opportunity to help esp. a senior with a disability! God Bless! I will have a beer for you this evening here in Vegas!